Author Topic: A very well known female bodybuilder has been diagnosed with Cancer.  (Read 8880 times)

Alex23

A good friend of mine. Ovarian cancer treatable but still serious.

I want to do all I can to support her.

Any suggestions?

Alex23

Take out her ovaries with her bare hands, u beast of a man U!

You probably know who I'm talking about...  :'(

Alex23

oh, i think I do.....ill delete my post

Nah that's fine.. not offensive...

w8m8

Any suggestions?

If she lives close by you could volunteer to do some things for her that she won't feel up to , like maybe taking her vehicle to get gas , the fumes could make her sick , and maybe get her some food she likes , her appetite will be difficult to deal with

maybe just spending a little time with her so she knows she has a friend who will "listen"

I'm impressed you are inquiring , it shows that compassion is not a lost art

Good onya  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
I am sorry to hear this.  It's never something you want to hear about.  :(
:)

Geo

• Getbig IV

Any suggestions?

just give her a call everyday and tell her you're just checkin to see if she's OK

sometimes simple contact is the biggest show of support

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
cancer is such an evil disease, because when you find out you got it, heaven is already waiting for you. horrible man

bthomas77

• Getbig II
i had a very close friend succomb to ovarian cancer at the age of 21. 

all i can say, is let her know you care.  offer any and all help you can.  simply, be there.  if she is bed ridden for any period of time.  i recommend suppling her with some of lifes more simple things.  things we take for granted when we are mobile.  before she passed (she had gone into remission for a short period), my friend told me one of the most heart felt gifts she was recieved was from me.  it was a simple and stupid thing.  i know every one brought her flowers and cards.  when i came, i brought a box of her favorite gum.  stopped my CostCo and picked up one of those 12 packs of packs.  think about it, when you are mobile, how innate is the act of picking up a pack of gum.  where as when you are deb ridden, it seems an impossible task.

anyway.  my prayers are with your friend.  and remember, nothing can beat simple time spent with a person you care about.  nothing can replace it, nothing is more valuable then it, and nothing should interfere with it.

trinigirl

• Getbig I
you might want to give social services at the hospital a call to see what suggestions they have as well. Glad she has you as a friend.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Does she have the full blown cellular work back, which shows the cancer?

I've seen people have weird things, like the cysts and what not that are the precursors, but were caught early on.

I wish your friend well Alex... Just be around if they need you and try to assure them that it's going to be ok.