Author Topic: Who writes the "ASK THE PROS" type articles in Magazines?  (Read 1241 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Who writes the "ASK THE PROS" type articles in Magazines?
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »
I was reading through MD and they have a Q&A with Martinez, Wolf, Lee, Shawn,Branch and more and all of the articles read in the same way almost like it being the same author.

The Priest articles seem a little closer to being him but comparing his writing style from getbig to the articles you can see it's a different person.  Victor Martinez can barely speaka da english yet his article makes him sound like an anglo.

Who are these ghost writers?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: What writes the "ASK THE PROS" type articles in Magazines?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
Ron Harris, is my bet.
HAHA, RON.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 09:05:12 AM »
I was reading through MD and they have a Q&A with Martinez, Wolf, Lee, Shawn,Branch and more and all of the articles read in the same way almost like it being the same author.

The Priest articles seem a little closer to being him but comparing his writing style from getbig to the articles you can see it's a different person.  Victor Martinez can barely speaka da english yet his article makes him sound like an anglo.

Who are these ghost writers?

I remember back when Shawn used to post here, he said the writers from FLEX would call him and record the phone conversation, about a certain bodypart or diet etc.  Then that writer would write the article itself, using what Shawn said during the phone call. Not sure how much of that is true.
just not good enough

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:10:14 AM »
I've noticed the disparity between Ronnie Coleman's articles in Flex and the way he speaks in the DVD's.  I've heard it attributed to the fact that he's from Louisiana and is a "laid back southerner"  who was a cum laude college student and an intellectual.  I maintain that a ghost-writer is being utilized.
(

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »
The pros should pen the articles themselves.  It would make for a much better read.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 09:18:59 AM »
I believe the writers have said they call up or email the Bbers each month, talk thru the Qs, then rewrite the answers with the correct grammar and in a format which reads more easily.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
I've noticed the disparity between Ronnie Coleman's articles in Flex and the way he speaks in the DVD's.  I've heard it attributed to the fact that he's from Louisiana and is a "laid back southerner"  who was a cum laude college student and an intellectual.  I maintain that a ghost-writer is being utilized.

Ronnie is a very "articulats" speaker. Check out this interview from 2 years ago:

G: How long can keep winning the bbing championship?

Champ: Lung as I wanit. I alredy take care of da judges fo’ nex years sho. Is in da bag.

G: You recently signed a huge endorsement deal. Or so the rumor goes. Can you tell us anything about it?

Champ: Yip. some dolla bilz. I gots me some creatine. 10 jars ob it. An sum protin’. 2 gif certeefikets to burgar king. An a car wush.

G: Were you one of the bodybuilders subpoenaed at the Arnold Classic a while back?

Champ: no I don git no subpenis.

G: You are always thanking and praising Jesus after your victories, so you are obviously very religious. Yet you’ve been spotted at titty bars. How do you justify this?

Champ: I luv me some jeesus. Jeesus come 2 me an till me 2 go 2 da teetes bar. I wus doin’ jeeesus bisniz.

G: But you were spotted getting lap dances……..

Champ: da only time dem girlz sit down n liesson is win u giv dem tweny dollas. Win dey grindin me I preech dem about jeesus.

G: I hear you are a big Cowboys fan…..

Champ: I luvs me sum cowboyz. Brokebak mountain is my favurite moovee.

G: I also hear you are a big eater……..

Champ: das rite. I luvs me sum fixins n grits n colar grins. Ma favurite ristorant is black guy pees.

G: So what’s it like being out in public? Being 300 lbs of mass?

Champ: I tills ya is hard. Da peepoles dey sey meen tings about me. 1 tyme this guy till me I look lyke shrek on steroyce. Peepoles r so crool. I wus datin’ a femayles bodybilder 4 long tyme but one tyme we was out sum guy ax us r you brothars? Dat hurt ma fellins so I drop her n gut me sum fitnass booty.

G: I see. What about being 300 lbs?

Champ: I brake a few toylets in ma dey. 1 tyme dis kid look at me n says 2 his mama-why dis gorilla out of his cage moma?

G: Do you have to purchase 2 seats when flying on an airplane?

Champ: no I aint gonna waist no dollas on 2 seets. Usully  I jus sit on my seet n on top of the otter person nex to me.

G: I was told you speak several languages. Spanish, among them. Mind saying  a few words……

Champ: carny asado, nachos grandis, el pollo loco. Yo qiro taco bells.

G: Well, thanks for your time. This interview has been very enlightening.

Champ: Yip yip!
HAHA, RON.....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »
Ronnie is a very "articulats" speaker. Check out this interview from 2 years ago:

Champ: Lung as I wanit. I alredy take care of da judges fo’ nex years sho. Is in da bag.

G: You recently signed a huge endorsement deal. Or so the rumor goes. Can you tell us anything about it?

Champ: Yip. some dolla bilz. I gots me some creatine. 10 jars ob it. An sum protin’. 2 gif certeefikets to burgar king. An a car wush.

G: Were you one of the bodybuilders subpoenaed at the Arnold Classic a while back?

G: You are always thanking and praising Jesus after your victories, so you are obviously very religious. Yet you’ve been spotted at titty bars. How do you justify this?

Champ: I luv me some jeesus. Jeesus come 2 me an till me 2 go 2 da teetes bar. I wus doin’ jeeesus bisniz.

Champ: da only time dem girlz sit down n liesson is win u giv dem tweny dollas. Win dey grindin me I preech dem about jeesus.

Champ: das rite. I luvs me sum fixins n grits n colar grins. Ma favurite ristorant is black guy pees.

Champ: I tills ya is hard. Da peepoles dey sey meen tings about me. 1 tyme this guy till me I look lyke shrek on steroyce. Peepoles r so crool. I wus datin’ a femayles bodybilder 4 long tyme but one tyme we was out sum guy ax us r you brothars? Dat hurt ma fellins so I drop her n gut me sum fitnass booty.

Champ: I brake a few toylets in ma dey. 1 tyme dis kid look at me n says 2 his mama-why dis gorilla out of his cage moma?

Champ: no I aint gonna waist no dollas on 2 seets. Usully  I jus sit on my seet n on top of the otter person nex to me.

G: I was told you speak several languages. Spanish, among them. Mind saying  a few words……

HAHAHAHAHA.  I nearly spit coffee on my screen

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

Haha - hilarious.  ;D

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:57:23 AM »
I believe the writers have said they call up or email the Bbers each month, talk thru the Qs, then rewrite the answers with the correct grammar and in a format which reads more easily.

I'd hate to be the poor bastard who has to try and understand Lee Priest...
HAHA, RON.....

Bear

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »

Lol, I ostensibly postulate henceforth that Ronald Coleman employs a ghostly authorial presence to fashion a more articulate tonal inflection to his 'Ask Mr O' segments of 'Flex' magazine.

I love how everyone comes over all scholarly when replying to threads about the stupidity of bodybuilders. It's indicative of this whole forum; how everyone seems to hate everyone and everything on here, yet spend all their time trying to get the most posts in a cyber-community they hate on a topic - bodybuilding - they also seem to hate, injecting each post with enough disdain to appear not to just be a normal muscle-obsessed loser living on the internet.

Not saying I'm different, just think it's funny. :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »

Magazine editors get paid for a reason. They (or their staff) correct spelling and grammar in the writing (for the most part) and present the end product in a professional manner.

As for the southern drawl, Lee Haney is much the same way. The man is quite literate and articulate. But, he's country boy, through and through. His enunciations of his words often reflect that.