Author Topic: Radovan Karadzic Arrested!  (Read 2864 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Radovan Karadzic Arrested!
« on: July 21, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic, one of the world's most wanted men, has been arrested in Serbia after more than a decade on the run.

He has been brought before Belgrade's war crimes court, in accordance with a law on cooperation with the Hague Tribunal, the Serbian presidency said.

The Bosnian Serb wartime political leader disappeared in 1996.

He had been indicted by the UN tribunal for war crimes and genocide over the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica.

His wartime military leader, Ratko Mladic, remains at large.

Mr Karadzic's arrest was welcomed by war crimes prosecutors in The Hague as a "milestone".

"Radovan Karadzic was located and arrested tonight" by Serbian security officers, a statement by the office of President Boris Tadic said, without giving details.

"Karadzic was brought to the investigative judge of the War Crimes Court in Belgrade, in accordance with the law on cooperation with the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia [ICTY]."

Serbian government sources told Reuters news agency he had been under surveillance for several weeks, following a tip-off from a foreign intelligence service.

'Milestone in co-operation'

Serge Brammertz, chief prosecutor of the ICTY, welcomed the arrest.

"I was informed by our colleagues in Belgrade about the successful operation which resulted in the arrest of Radovan Karadzic," he said in a statement in The Hague.

"On behalf of the Office of the Prosecutor, I would like to congratulate the Serbian authorities, especially the National Security Council, Serbia's Action Team in charge of tracking fugitives and the Office of the War Crimes Prosecutor, on achieving this milestone in cooperation with the ICTY."

"This is a very important day for the victims who have waited for this arrest for over a decade."

Richard Holbrooke, the US diplomat who brokered Dayton Peace Accord for Bosnia in 1995, told the BBC that "a major, major thug has been removed from the public scene".

"One of the worst men in the world, the Osama Bin Laden of Europe, has finally been captured," Mr Holbrooke told BBC World News America.

The arrest of Mr Karadzic and other indicted war criminals is one of the main conditions of Serbian progress towards European Union membership. The EU Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn welcomed the news.

"This is certainly a milestone in Serbia's cooperation with the international criminal tribunal on the former Yugoslavia. It proves the determination of the new government to achieve full cooperation with the tribunal," Mr Rehn said.

In Sarajevo people have gathered on the streets to celebrate news of the arrest.

"This is the best thing that could ever happen, you see people celebrating everywhere. I called and woke up my whole family," Sarajevo resident Fadil Bico told Reuters.

Karadzic denial

Mr Karadzic denied the charges against him soon after the first indictment and refused to recognise the legitimacy of the UN tribunal.

The UN says Mr Karadzic's forces killed at least 7,500 Muslim men and boys from Srebrenica in July 1995 as part of a campaign to "terrorise and demoralise the Bosnian Muslim and Bosnian Croat population".

He was also charged over the shelling of Sarajevo, and the use of 284 UN peacekeepers as human shields in May and June 1995.

After the Dayton accord that ended the Bosnian war, the former nationalist president went into hiding.

International pressure to catch Mr Karadzic mounted in spring 2005 when several of his former generals surrendered and a video of Bosnian Serb soldiers shooting captives from Srebrenica shocked television viewers in former Yugoslavia.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Radovan Karadzic Arrested!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »
I don't think many people know who he is.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »
I don't think many people know who he is.

still old news + he's a hero

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »

Please explain how's he's a hero.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 01:52:57 AM »
still old news

How is this old news? He was only arrested a little over 24 hrs ago? Less than a week = current.  ;D
w

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 03:42:55 AM »

lol he was certainly not a hero, hes the typical warmongering bureaucrat that has problems getting his own hands dirty but
no problem to condemn thousands of people life's.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »
He's a piece of shit, perpetuating a war against neighboring, independant countries, that did absolutly nothing and posed no threat whatsoever to Serbia. It's under the twisted, propaganda dream of a "greater Serbia", that this human garbage,  brainwashed many of his own peope to commit crimes against innocent civilians. Proper justice would be to send him over to either, Croatia or Slovenia or even Bosnia to have those people do what they want with him.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:54 AM »
Please explain how's he's a hero.

He's a hero because he did a nice cleanup @ his country, if my country were filled with people i dont like, i would love to have the power to get ride of them.

How is this old news? He was only arrested a little over 24 hrs ago? Less than a week = current.  ;D

In the information era, any news older than 1 hour = old news :)

lol he was certainly not a hero, hes the typical warmongering bureaucrat that has problems getting his own hands dirty but
no problem to condemn thousands of people life's.

He was THE BOSS , no need to put some dirty in his own hands!  8)

He's a piece of shit, perpetuating a war against neighboring, independant countries, that did absolutly nothing and posed no threat whatsoever to Serbia. It's under the twisted, propaganda dream of a "greater Serbia", that this human garbage,  brainwashed many of his own peope to commit crimes against innocent civilians. Proper justice would be to send him over to either, Croatia or Slovenia or even Bosnia to have those people do what they want with him.

The man is a hero, he didnt want to see his country populated by immigrants and crazy people. Great serbia forever, all heil the chetniks.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »
Free Santa >:(

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:30:49 AM »
Oh the irony!

Killed muslims, now looks like a muslim.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »
Oh the irony!

not really.

looks more like an Orthodox Priest

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
Oh the irony!

Santa isn't a muslim >:(

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
looks like an old hero to me  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »

Touchι   ;D
w

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
He's a hero because he did a nice cleanup @ his country, if my country were filled with people i dont like, i would love to have the power to get ride of them.

He was THE BOSS , no need to put some dirty in his own hands!  8)

The man is a hero, he didnt want to see his country populated by immigrants and crazy people. Great serbia forever, all heil the chetniks.

I didn't know Vukovar, or Krajina or Dubrovnik, were parts of Serbia dumbass.

Croatia and Slovenia were attacked without provacation. Was Serbia invaded by it's neighbors in '91?  No. Were it's cities decimated by Croats or Slovenians or Bosnians? No. But those Chetnik scumbags sure did do a number on said regions. If you think thats deserving of praise, than you need to screw your head on straight. Serb people are good people, it's too bad they have morons like you that keep the Chetnik spirit alive, it's no differnet than when Croats jump around yelling, "Ustasha". All you war pigs are the problem for everyone else that just want peace in that region.

I'm glad you jerks lost Kosovo and cried like babies, it's just a taste of what Chetniks put everyone else through. Too bad an American bomb didn't land on your head. I love that last pic of "your boss" Karadzic, especially when he said if anyone touched him there would be lots of bloodshed, hahaha chickenshit grew out a beard that would make ZZTop envious to hide from prosecution. Now he's gonna have plenty of time to think about how he fucked up and die in jail just like his bum buddy Milosevic. hahaha

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »
I didn't know Vukovar, or Krajina or Dubrovnik, were parts of Serbia dumbass.

Croatia and Slovenia were attacked without provacation. Was Serbia invaded by it's neighbors in '91?  No. Were it's cities decimated by Croats or Slovenians or Bosnians? No. But those Chetnik scumbags sure did do a number on said regions. If you think thats deserving of praise, than you need to screw your head on straight. Serb people are good people, it's too bad they have morons like you that keep the Chetnik spirit alive, it's no differnet than when Croats jump around yelling, "Ustasha". All you war pigs are the problem for everyone else that just want peace in that region.

I'm glad you jerks lost Kosovo and cried like babies, it's just a taste of what Chetniks put everyone else through. Too bad an American bomb didn't land on your head. I love that last pic of "your boss" Karadzic, especially when he said if anyone touched him there would be lots of bloodshed, hahaha chickenshit grew out a beard that would make ZZTop envious to hide from prosecution. Now he's gonna have plenty of time to think about how he fucked up and die in jail just like his bum buddy Milosevic. hahaha

Chetniks built yugoslavia brother, they rule the house. You think the great radovan cried? hahaha dont forget the graves left all over yugoslavia hahahahaha i bet you are muslim and thats why you cry so much

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:30 PM »
Chetniks built yugoslavia brother, they rule the house. You think the great radovan cried? hahaha dont forget the graves left all over yugoslavia hahahahaha i bet you are muslim and thats why you cry so much

Yeah, I'm a muslim.  ::)

Chetniks built Yugoslavia... hahaha right, without the resources and the tourism of Croatia's coast, you guys had nothing, zero, nada. You lost Kosova to some smelly, retarded Albanians, hahaha. Seriously, Albania is the birthplace of retardation and they took over Kosovo. Man, it just KILLS you guys that Croatia's coast is one of the most beautifull places in the world while Belgrade is a hole in the ground still run by the mafia that fucks it's own people in the ass.

Maybe Milos can plasma expand it back to what it used to be. lol