Author Topic: Eryk Bui - Apoligizes to all and will be at the NPC USA  (Read 5582 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Eryk Bui - Apoligizes to all and will be at the NPC USA
« on: July 22, 2008, 05:12:19 PM »
Last year, Eryk Bui had a few incidents, and said some things he should of. Eryk is now a big enough man to apoligize on what he said. I recently saw Eryk at the NPC Los Angeles, and a few other places and he has been cool, and didn't feel good on what he said. Here is what Eryk wrote and hopes people will take his apology.

---------------

Hello everyone!  I will be Las Vegas this weekend for the NPC USA Bodybuilding and Figure Championships. As always I expect to see a ton of talent battling it out on stage for what I consider the “West Coast Nationals” as it seems to draw the most competitors from that region.  I got a glimpse of some of the talent last weekend at the NPC Los Angeles Championships and can definitely say that the USA’s should be a great one to watch. 

I really miss competing as an amateur as I had the most fun during that period of time between 2002 and 2004.  I also miss being around the wonderful people of the sport and sharing my knowledge with them … attending the LA Championships last Saturday was a truly nice experience.  I was able to catch up with old friends and make new ones in the process.  My current physique is just about identical to what it was when I won earned my pro card back in 2004 at the Nationals.  Attached are some photos that I took earlier, which is basically of me after 2 1/2 days of carb-depleting.  No, I am not getting ready for a show.  I am actually doing it as a show of my support for one of my good friends who is competing this weekend.  I am also doing it to see how far I can push my “clean” physique.  I am very pleased with how my body has responded to the challenge and it should inspire others to follow suit.  Before anyone out there misconstrues me, THIS IS IN NO WAY AN ATTEMPT AT PASSING JUDGEMENT WITH ANYONE OR ANYTHING, it’s just an alternative to consider. 

Bodybuilding has been good to me and I still love and believe what it really stands for … respect for, admiration for, and a celebration of life.  I recently telephoned Jim Manion, NPC President and IFBB Chairman, to apologize and set the record straight as why I became disgruntled after most last pro show (2007 Europa Super Show).  Mr. Manion has always been kind and respectful to me, so I do owe him an apology for offending him.  He has worked tirelessly through the years to make bodybuilding as popular as it is today, and for that we all owe him a great deal of gratitude. 

Make no mistake about this either, I AM NOT DOING THIS TO TRY TO GET BACK INTO PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDING.  I have retired and have no plans on returning to the competitive stage.  However, I will always do my part to promote bodybuilding as best I can off the stage.  I learned years ago to never say “never,” but for now I am content with being offstage.  I know there will be some “a-holes” out there who will try to misconstrue my genuine and sincere apology to Mr. Manion as a way of “kissing ass” as many have done to get back into the scene.  I was rash and too quick to pass judgement in attacking the organization as a whole.  I should have taken my grievances to Mr. Manion personally instead of over-reacting as I did. 

It was a meltdown based on the fact that I was angry with being left out on stage while everyone else got compared.  Why the IFBB panel did this will remain a mystery until they speak out.  I’m over it.  Let’s just move on.  There are some others who I don’t owe an apology to as they have attacked me verbally and are judged accordingly.  John Lindsay describes the NPC and IFBB as a collective family.  With this in mind, I am likened to the “wild child” who gets caught up in his emotions and reacts without rationale.  Now that the dust has settled, I guess it time to come back home and be a part of the family again.  I AM a bodybuilder …  always have been … always will be!

It is with great hopes that Mr. Manion will call me or sit down with me to discuss what WE ALL can do to make bodybuilding shine brightly once again.  My voice is one, but I do believe that I am just the beginning of a louder collective voice that will induce a positive change that will resound for years to come.  I am a bodybuilder and I can’t change that, which is best supported by the popular bodybuilding phrase that states, “Once the bug bites you, you will never walk away the same … you will always have that itch.”  As funny as it sounds, it is quite true.  Bodybuilding is a choice to take care of you so you can take care of others around you.  Win, lose, or draw, WE ALL should strive to communicate with others about, and be great examples of, how to live life to the fullest.  Take care everyone and hope to see some of you in Las Vegas.  Mr. John Lindsay ALWAYS attracts the best talent and does a phenomenal job of putting on the best show in town.   

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Eryk Bui - Apoligizes to all and will be at the NPC USA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 05:19:03 PM »
"Sorry; I was a total douche" - Eryk Bui

that's what a real apology looks like

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 05:19:34 PM »
We're cool, dawg, i accept your apology

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:19:57 PM »
yawn

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »
My current physique is just about identical to what it was when I won earned my pro card back in 2004 at the Nationals. 

I am also doing it to see how far I can push my “clean” physique. 

What a moron

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »
What a moron

what's wrong Van ?

you don't think that Eryk looks just as good as when he was loaded on the juice, but clean this time around??

you think that's BS ?

;D

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
Why apologize?? You know he meant it and you know he will never be in the top 15 a ANY show-so why even do it??

Fucking pussy.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »
Why apologize?? You know he meant it and you know he will never be in the top 15 a ANY show-so why even do it??

Fucking pussy.

OMG we agree.  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »

Fucking pussy.

I agree , great job at career suicide lol

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
Appears to me that no one ever means what they say when they decide to leave for good. Kissing butt to get back in is about as low as you can go. It would be best for the game if they let him sit it out for 24 months before giving him due consideration if he ever tried to get back in.

Or maybe he'll get the message on the score sheet as previously stated.

Would anyone on here really miss him?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 05:51:18 PM »
possible minimize the impact of negativity on associates and clients

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 06:00:59 PM »
LOL...what a joke.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 06:07:17 PM »
Let him compete again at say the Europa 202 get out the Top 10 and he'll be back to the old Eryk Cry Bui.  ;D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 07:08:03 PM »
What a little bitch. ::)   He should off himself.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 07:09:43 PM »
Apology not accepted, even though I have never heard of the guy.
E

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 07:15:55 PM »
no retreat no surrender, eryk bui what a joke, take your timeout like a man!

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
why do people apologize for something that they meant to say? or apologize when they are caught in some scandel?

- I want apologize for cheating on my wife with a couple of hot sluts, I am disapppointed in myself  ::)

- I want to apologize to the people that entrusted me and I tried to embezzle their money, I expect better from myself  ::)

- I called bodybuilding a corrupt and malignant cancer but today I called the head guy and apologize for saying it  ::)

- I want to apologize to my family for doing G4P in order to become a 3rd bodybuilder.  ::)
I

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 07:21:41 PM »
The guy placed bad because he was out of shape...............whin er!!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »
The guy placed bad because he was out of shape...............whin er!!

That and the fact he is 5'2 and 150#  8)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
That and the fact he is 5'2 and 150#  8)

Bullshit.....

no way he's up to 150!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »

- I want to apologize to the people that entrusted me and I tried to embezzle their money, I expect better from myself  ::)

When people say that, you know they are lying. If they truly expects better from themselves, they won't act stupid and screw up in the first place.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »
what is it he said that he is apologizing for?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 07:53:37 PM »
what is it he said that he is apologizing for?
he went on bignation, dished some people, whined, said more shit and here we are...

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:30 PM »
ERIC BUI OWES PEOPLE MONEY ALL OVER TOWN!!! LITTLE SHIT DOESNT LIKE PAYING PEOPLE BACK!!!!!

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 09:12:37 PM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO