Author Topic: Research and Learning  (Read 714 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Research and Learning
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:11:02 AM »
In regards to Hugo's locked thread (why the fuck is it locked?)...

Q: What is happening to society?

Today it is easier to find fact from fiction thanks to the abundance of information on the WWW. Strangely however as the accessibility to information has gone up, peoples own incentive to research and learn about politics has remained the same or maybe increased slight.

The internet/WWW is a young medium, so do you believe increased political awareness will come as the internet generation gets older?

What about media control, back 50 years ago it is undoubted that media control was an easy task than today, how much persuasion do you think the media corporations of the world have on media on the WWW?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Research and Learning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:23:58 AM »
You won't find these things on the net.  There is history of people in power that we know.  Research and find these people and find the works that arn't public.  You may even be told that you cannot obtain a publication or manuscript, even from the Library of Congress, even though you know it was written through your research--I was told that.  If you have the info that it exists, raise a stink shit storm with the person you're talking to, it worked for me.  You will then get the work and enjoy.  Make no mistake, this is not an endevour of reading one book which wouldn't make much sence.  It is an endevour of understanding a timeline of these notions/ideas/goals and exchanges.  My prize find was a book of events published in 1889, small print/target audience, of the events for the next century.  Very close, it was very very close and misses only because of unforseen problems that are again later addressed!!!  The major one being that there was to be a world war, not a second.  Look, in the end, i've busted my ass because I personally wanted to know.  I had no desire for anything but to understand.  I had questions and one thing ended up leading to another and I could not leave a curiousty alone.  I just say, if you want to know, you have to learn for yourself and I've long ago learned that no one is willing to learn unless it is by their own path.  If it was not there, I would not tell you to look for it.

thread in question for discussion here:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=225311.0

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:38:08 AM »
Hugo, media manipulation, do you think the internet is as viable as traditional media to bend for the political persuasion of corporations?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 05:55:41 AM »
Hugo, media manipulation, do you think the internet is as viable as traditional media to bend for the political persuasion of corporations?
it's harder to bend, but I've seen the right propaganda and misinformation inserted into the discourse that it's not a big worry for them.  Here's what I've come to learn after knowing the things I've spent countless hours researching from first hand accounts:  If you have 5% of the population start to pick up on something they shouldn't, it's easy.  You add to the public understanding and you do so by inserting a far reaching notion.  Looking at any traditional curve, a large portion of that 5% will be susceptible to suggestion and will pull the introduced material into their new understanding.  Afterall, many of them just recently took on an understanding that rocked their reality.  The end effect is obvious to anyone with any intelligence.  Once the introduced absurdity enters the line, the truth becomes much less accessible to the outside population with X misinfo introduced.  You may wonder at times how such an absurd idea enters some people's mind.  The greater question to ask is why and what is the theory connected to and what real world things that absurd idea is gloming onto.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:02:26 AM »
Also, added to my last post, this is why I tell you to go to the past.   The only way to know the truth is to bypass the misinfo to a time where they didn't contemplate your reading or understanding or abiltiy to pass on their words to the masses--because they did not.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 06:04:11 AM »
Also, added to my last post, this is why I tell you to go to the past.   The only way to know the truth is to bypass the misinfo to a time where they didn't contemplate your reading or understanding or abiltiy to pass on their words to the masses--because they did not.

Yeah.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 06:07:12 AM »
Yeah.
yeah what?  This is shit really core to who I am and I do not lightly mention this crap... Most of the time I go on with the daily left vs. right bullshit even though I know something else.  Choosing to live in the matix out of nothing else left.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 06:21:59 AM »
yeah what?  This is shit really core to who I am and I do not lightly mention this crap... Most of the time I go on with the daily left vs. right bullshit even though I know something else.  Choosing to live in the matix out of nothing else left.

Yeah, I agree about "bypass the misinfo to a time where they didn't contemplate your reading or understanding or abiltiy to pass on their words to the masses".

I think this is incremental. First democracy set the state for free press, but this was learnt to be manipulated, now the internet which is magnitudes harder to manipulate, etc. etc.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »
Yeah, I agree about "bypass the misinfo to a time where they didn't contemplate your reading or understanding or abiltiy to pass on their words to the masses".

I think this is incremental. First democracy set the state for free press, but this was learnt to be manipulated, now the internet which is magnitudes harder to manipulate, etc. etc.
yes exactly, I think the net was harder to manipulate which to me probably explains the increase in absurdities.  There is really less of a chance Citizen X will follow what Citizen Y is saying when citizen Z is saying X + absurdity.  So they have adapted to the new media outlet, I have no doubt about that.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 05:15:24 AM »
You won't find these things on the net.  There is history of people in power that we know.  Research and find these people and find the works that arn't public.  You may even be told that you cannot obtain a publication or manuscript, even from the Library of Congress, even though you know it was written through your research--I was told that.  If you have the info that it exists, raise a stink shit storm with the person you're talking to, it worked for me.  You will then get the work and enjoy.  Make no mistake, this is not an endevour of reading one book which wouldn't make much sence.  It is an endevour of understanding a timeline of these notions/ideas/goals and exchanges.  My prize find was a book of events published in 1889, small print/target audience, of the events for the next century.  Very close, it was very very close and misses only because of unforseen problems that are again later addressed!!!  The major one being that there was to be a world war, not a second.  Look, in the end, i've busted my ass because I personally wanted to know.  I had no desire for anything but to understand.  I had questions and one thing ended up leading to another and I could not leave a curiousty alone.  I just say, if you want to know, you have to learn for yourself and I've long ago learned that no one is willing to learn unless it is by their own path.  If it was not there, I would not tell you to look for it.

thread in question for discussion here:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=225311.0

Hugo,

Can you please sticky your original locked Research & Learning Thread?
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 07:03:16 AM »

Hugo,

Can you please sticky your original locked Research & Learning Thread?

Hugo's the mod around town here lovey, he'll make the demans, not you moslem types!
الاسلام هو شيطانية