Author Topic: Here today! Gone tomorrow!  (Read 4706 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Here today! Gone tomorrow!
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
Anyone have a list of IFBB competitors who had the briefest time period in competitive, professional bodybuilding?

Mike Dragna comes to mind but there must be others.

Oh yea! Chris Cook.

Why do these guys quit after putting so much time and effort into getting that Pro Card?

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: Here today! Gone tomorrow!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
Anyone have a list of IFBB competitors who had the briefest time period in competitive, professional bodybuilding?

Oh yea! Chris Cook.

Why do these guys quit after putting so much time and effort into getting that Pro Card?
G4P PAYES MORE  ;D
p

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »
Thanks, Dan, but that's not the route these guys have taken and even if it was, would one have to quit competitive BB under that new profession?

Didn't Chris become a professional wrestler?

I know a couple of up and coming amateurs who quit competing to work in a high tech protective services outfit owned and operated by x-Navy Seals. They "protect" high ranking politicians under certain circumstances and rappers and rock stars when they appear in public.

The salary is something that they could not refuse.

One of their secondary responsibilities is "to keep their mouth shut" when and if approached by anyone asking questions. Somewhat like a like a lawyer/doctor - client/patient relationship; but even stricter.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
Thanks, Dan, but that's not the route these guys have taken and even if it was, would one have to quit competitive BB under that new profession?

I know a couple of up and coming amateurs who quit competing to work in a high tech protective services outfit owned and operated by x-Navy Seals. They "protect" high ranking politicians under certain circumstances and rappers and rock stars when they appear in public.

One of their secondary responsibilities is "to keep their mouth shut" when and if approached by anyone asking questions. Somewhat like a like a lawyer/doctor - client/patient relationship; but even stricter.
take it easy kitten.. i don't know and don't really care' sorry to say.i know  there were more than a handfull in the npc when i was competing in 89 to 91 that took the high road and got a real profession knowing they didn't want to destroy there bodies with gear to take it to the next level..
p

body88

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 09:41:04 AM »

I would much rather have an ex navy seal protecting me ass, than some roided out bb, who has limited mobility due to extreme muscle. Why do these seals hire bb's , and not former seals,  gb's or rangers?

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:04:16 PM »

Oh yea! Chris Cook.

maybe its because they see that the future holds an early death, + feelings of failure, and a lifetime of personal training fat people and wanna be's for alot of "pros"...

or GFP

you can still look like a bodybuilder and have a job that feeds the family.

btw, chris cook is into MMA now, not wrestling

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

Oh yea! Chris Cook.

most of them went for the healthy look

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »

Did Aaron Madron ever turn pro?

Pretty much any guy who won his pro card at the Nationals that wasn't at least a heavyweight

Oh, and all the health cases too...that list is too long to mention
just not good enough

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 12:25:54 PM »
unless you can be one of the top pros in the world and make a lucrative living, then why bother?  even then . . . it might not be worth it.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »

Oh yea! Chris Cook.

Because the ONLY thing an IFBB "Pro Card" guarantees you is a life of poverty.

The smart one move on.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »
ken brown 97 usa overall great build came out of nowwhere turned pro never competed again.jack smith nationals lightweight winner 90's big for lightweight never competed as pro,dean tornabene great lightweight 80's turned pro see ya,,still looks good today though in some ab infomercial.mike winters another good lower weight class winner 90's never did pro shows.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 08:22:29 PM »
Bob chick comes to mind...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 08:45:59 PM »
Bob chick comes to mind...

Bob is the complete oposite

He's like a piece of chewing gum stuck to your shoe

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 08:59:55 PM »
This Freak comes to mind!  Capriese was awesome.  He only competed in one pro show,  2005 New York Pro.  and crushed about 30 guys. He placed 5th but not bad for his pro debut...
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
This Freak comes to mind!  Capriese was awesome.  He only competed in one pro show,  2005 New York Pro.  and crushed about 30 guys. He placed 5th but not bad for his pro debut...
I agree.  He had a crazy physique

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 11:00:06 PM »
What the Hell ever happened to him?

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »

according to what i read on the net, he was under a lot of pressure (maybe financialy) so he decided to quit and take care of his family and become a personal trainer.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »

Did Aaron Madron ever turn pro?

Pretty much any guy who won his pro card at the Nationals that wasn't at least a heavyweight

Oh, and all the health cases too...that list is too long to mention

Maddron was a MuscleMag product.....

He never got large enough to compete with the mass monsters, which is why he was nicknamed "The Swimmer"....

His physique was more fitting for Men's Health......

Don't know why he never went farther........

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »
Richard Jones had a fantastic physique

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 12:12:23 AM »

he started having seizures and other health problems.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 12:39:36 AM »
Tevitei  Aloe (alphabet), Fred Bigot, and Stan Mcquay, who hasn't done anything since he got his pro card.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 07:27:34 AM »
OUT OF THE USA'S,lightheavyweight trifeca jones,dugdale,heath,in recent yrs jones who had the best genes is sitting out for now,with heath as a big dog and dugdale doing good for him self too.

WEAPONX

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 02:07:29 PM »
Orville Burke.

X

Moosejay

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:23 PM »
take it easy kitten.. i don't know and don't really care' sorry to say.i know  there were more than a handfull in the npc when i was competing in 89 to 91 that took the high road and got a real profession knowing they didn't want to destroy there bodies with gear to take it to the next level..

Please have more respect for SM-he is the most hallowed member of this board and has a treasure trove of experiences

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »
Yeah i heard something that Capriese realized he could earn more as a trainer.. Smart move i guess.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender