Author Topic: Jindal Says He’s Not Interested in No. 2 Spot With McCain  (Read 900 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
He is probably too young anyway. 

Jindal Says He’s Not Interested in No. 2 Spot With McCain
by FOXNews.com
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said Wednesday he will not run for vice president on the GOP ticket, making him among a growing number of those pulling themselves out of the race.

Jindal’s comments come as speculation is swirling that John McCain might announce his running mate choice imminently, as a way to draw attention away from Barack Obama’s high-profile overseas trip.

The Louisiana governor told “FOX & Friends” that he’d be “surprised” if the McCain campaign came down with a decision this week. And he threw water on the buzz about his own chances.

“Let me be clear: I have said in every private and public conversation, I’ve got the job that I want. And I’ll say again on air: I’m not going to be the vice presidential nominee or vice president. I’m going to help Senator McCain get elected, as governor of Louisiana,” Jindal said.

“I look forward to continuing to be governor of Louisiana. This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to improve our state. We’ve cut six taxes but we’ve got a lot more work to do right here in Louisiana. … I’ve never talked to the senator about the vice presidency or his thoughts on selecting the vice president.”

Jindal said the ability to possibly serve as president is the most important quality for a vice presidential candidate.

“I think the most important thing in picking a vice president is not what state they come from, not what demographic they appeal to, but rather whether the senator thinks this person would be ready to be president if — God forbid — that situation arises. That’s probably the only thing that should matter,” he said.

Later, former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, another potential running mate, told FOX News he has had “no conversations” with the McCain campaign about joining the ticket.

“When they announce it, I’ll be one of those most interested in their decision,” said Ridge, also former Homeland Security secretary. He said he has “no idea” when the McCain camp might decide.

Meanwhile, The Boston Herald reported Wednesday that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is still near the top of McCain’s list. Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, and several other officials, are also thought to be among the top choices for McCain.

On the Democratic side, Gov. Ed Rendell, who was a heavy supporter first of Hillary Clinton’s campaign but came around to support Barack Obama when Clinton’s loss was clear, also took himself out of consideration for the vice presidency.

Speaking Tuesday on MSNBC, Rendell said he has not been vetted by the Obama campaign, indicating he’s not a focus for their search.

“I haven’t been contacted by anybody — showing that the Obama campaign has good sense,” Rendell said, adding that Obama would do well to get someone with better foreign policy experience than Rendell has.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07/23/jindal-says-hes-not-interested-in-no-2-spot-with-mccain/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Jindal Says He’s Not Interested in No. 2 Spot With McCain
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
the FOX surrogates have soured on him bigtime this last 2 weeks.   In a campaign where they're going to paint Obama as a muslim, have someone as dark as Obama on the ticket, who is an "indian", isn't going to win over the voters who have been conditioned that muslims are evil for the last 7 years.

besides, he had some story/small scandal last week, didn't he?  He wasn't listen on the new short list, prompting him to "quit before they could fire me".

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 10:26:50 AM »
besides, he had some story/small scandal last week, didn't he?  He wasn't listen on the new short list, prompting him to "quit before they could fire me".

Not a scandal an outcry. His whole premise of getting elected was not to allow increased spending and to control the house of reps budget, house of reps voted to increase their earnings, he allowed it, then the state had marches and called for him to resign. He fixed the problem very quickly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:47:27 AM »
Not a scandal an outcry. His whole premise of getting elected was not to allow increased spending and to control the house of reps budget, house of reps voted to increase their earnings, he allowed it, then the state had marches and called for him to resign. He fixed the problem very quickly.

ah gotcha.  He certainly doesn't look presidential.  And does he even look *American*?

I'm sure obama is PRAYING that Mccain picks him. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:55:48 AM »
ah gotcha.  He certainly doesn't look presidential.  And does he even look *American*?

No he is American, and very smart. Alot of business and money are being poured into that state, and it's not because he is greasing elbows. What happend was a a sticky situation, becasue he also stated he would not interfere with the house of reps, but in the end he saw that had to take a backseat and stepped up to the plate.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:58:41 AM »
No he is American, and very smart. Alot of business and money are being poured into that state, and it's not because he is greasing elbows. What happend was a a sticky situation, becasue he also stated he would not interfere with the house of reps, but in the end he saw that had to take a backseat and stepped up to the plate.

Brilliant man to hear him speak.

But, look at this man.  Do you believe that the party which will be demonizing Obama in hopes of encouraging anti-Muslim fervor, will have mccain holding hands with this man on stages?

Be serious here...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
The repubs will have a nonstop "Obama is a Muslim" campaign going in that last month, I think we all foresee that.  Will Mccain want to be standing next to this man (a very brilliant man - no denying that) the whole time?

Honestly, the racism Rove will be stirring won't allow it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »

And what exactly does an American look like? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
And what exactly does an American look like? 

America is a diverse country.  There is no look which matches all.  However Rove will be playing the "Obama is a muslim" card as the election gets closer.  And if the man standing next to McCain looks anything like Obama and has a heritage from a nation bordering Pakistan, well, that won't play well with the ngative race and religion connotations that Rove will be wronly trying to stir.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »
I always knew he was too young (my age) and too dark to be the repube's vp. No way...although McCain seems to like the guy. They've met privately a couple of times since the primaries.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »
I always knew he was too young (my age) and too dark to be the repube's vp. No way...although McCain seems to like the guy. They've met privately a couple of times since the primaries.

I think he's using the very bright Jindal.

When questions of his love for groups of homosexuals or middle-eastern Americana arise, he'll say "Of course I love those groups - I even considered hiring Crist and Jindal to be my running mates!"

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
Brilliant man to hear him speak.

But, look at this man.  Do you believe that the party which will be demonizing Obama in hopes of encouraging anti-Muslim fervor, will have mccain holding hands with this man on stages?

Be serious here...

He's not Muslim, he's Catholic.

No he's smart in general, not just speaking.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
He's not Muslim, he's Catholic.

No he's smart in general, not just speaking.

Who, Jindal?  Isn't Obama catholic too?  That hasn't stopped hilary and neocon alike from flirting with calling him a muslim.

I've seen a lot of jindal.  He's like 120 pounds, slinks like a spider when he walks.  But he's the most brilliant 36 year old I've heard speak in my life.  Strong mind.  I'd probably vote for the dude.

Problem is, in a repub party that has already played the race card a few times (remember that 'black house' button?) and is rumored to be all about calling him a muslim this fall, having a guy like this wouldn't serve their interests.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
Who, Jindal?  Isn't Obama catholic too?  That hasn't stopped hilary and neocon alike from flirting with calling him a muslim.

I've seen a lot of jindal.  He's like 120 pounds, slinks like a spider when he walks.  But he's the most brilliant 36 year old I've heard speak in my life.  Strong mind.  I'd probably vote for the dude.

Problem is, in a repub party that has already played the race card a few times (remember that 'black house' button?) and is rumored to be all about calling him a muslim this fall, having a guy like this wouldn't serve their interests.

I think you know Obama is a "Christian"

No one has ever done that to Jindal. Not sure what his personal appearance has anything to do with his ability to lead a state. Unlike Obama he has no clouds of unertainty with regards to religion, communist aspirations, shady business deals, or his wife bad mouthing America, and writing absurd thesis papers.