Author Topic: Mccain is going negative  (Read 1335 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Mccain is going negative
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:03:59 PM »
Mccain accuses Obama of preferring to win an election than a war.

Mccain also released the first 2 negative ads of the campaign.

Mccain campaign releases web video saying media is biased - but Mccain says the coverage is fair.

Obama, oddly, is talking about what he'll do to make things better.  Staying positive.  IMO, it's much wiser to offer solutions than to just bitch about the other guy all day.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Mccain is going negative
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

Mccain campaign releases web video saying media is biased - but Mccain says the coverage is fair.

Obama, oddly, is talking about what he'll do to make things better.  Staying positive.  IMO, it's much wiser to offer solutions than to just bitch about the other guy all day.
ya like not acknowledging his not wanting the surge and then trying to get the troops out in 16 months... ::) Which wouldnt be possible without the surge he didnt want...this guy is positively brilliant ::) why dont you go respond to my 3 posts you ignored in the other thread?

AE

• Getbig III
  • Retribution is Certain
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 02:46:40 PM »
McCain is looking more and more like a pathetic old man when he speaks . A sad ending to a great career.  :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
ya like not acknowledging his not wanting the surge and then trying to get the troops out in 16 months... ::) Which wouldnt be possible without the surge he didnt want...this guy is positively brilliant ::) why dont you go respond to my 3 posts you ignored in the other thread?

send me a link.  I repond to everything that's addressed to me.  I love to debate :)

McCain is looking more and more like a pathetic old man when he speaks . A sad ending to a great career.  :(

It's sad.  WHen he was POSITIVE in 2000, the man was golden.  When he acts like an offended, whiny old man, it's sad.  The repub party has become the party of negative.  The whiny libs have become the party of hope.  Weird.  Obama is on TV like a rock star, smiling while the world leaders suck up to him.  McCain has resorted to going on network news and whining.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »
Trouble is - in the past, negative campaigning has worked well for the repubs.

Rising above it on the behalf of the Dems is a nice theory but I think that if the repubs are going to go negative, it may be time for the Dems to get a bit more aggresive & do the same.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »

Rising above it on the behalf of the Dems is a nice theory but I think that if the repubs are going to go negative, it may be time for the Dems to get a bit more aggresive & do the same.

IMO, you go negative when you NEED to.  When you're losing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »

Negative campaigning works.  Presidential candidates cannot win without them. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 09:45:24 PM »
Negative campaigning works.  Presidential candidates cannot win without them. 

I know that all sides do it.  Today we're seeing an odd contrast though... Obama is talking about positive change.  mccain, his campaign people, FOX news, and all the fox commentators, are all doing some negative obama bashing (much of it valid, but much of it about 'why won't obama acknowledge this or that).

mccain has more experience, was right on the war, and is the wiser man.  He's just losing his shine from 2000, and turning into a pissy, bitter guy.  He can't do that and expect to win.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 09:58:56 PM »
McCain is doing alright so far.  His biggest problem is the media infatuation with Obama. 

Both sides will be running negative ads. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »
send me a link.  I repond to everything that's addressed to me.  I love to debate :)

It's sad.  WHen he was POSITIVE in 2000, the man was golden.  When he acts like an offended, whiny old man, it's sad.  The repub party has become the party of negative.  The whiny libs have become the party of hope.  Weird.  Obama is on TV like a rock star, smiling while the world leaders suck up to him.  McCain has resorted to going on network news and whining.
here you go 240
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=225175.25#lastPost

"the party of hope" lol of hoping for a utopia where everyone is equal and the world has no nukes and everyone gets along and has a rainbow with a pot of gold in their backyard? LOL this guy is so full of shit its not even funny...I wasnt a big fan of mccain but the more i learn about obama the more i feel like im voting mccain in november.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 10:58:33 PM »

How is that negative when it is true?

The second you go negative on Obama it is considered racist while his campaign underlings throw out negative crap all the time and he stands above pretending to be outraged or ignorant to it.

The only person that loves Obama more than the media is Obama. I don't know anybody more in love with himself than that hypocrite.

Oh and 240 thinks he is a rock star with dashing good looks  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:00:22 PM »
How is that negative when it is true?

The second you go negative on Obama it is considered racist while his campaign underlings throw out negative crap all the time and he stands above pretending to be outraged or ignorant to it.
The only person that loves Obama more than the media is Obama. I don't know anybody more in love with himself than that hypocrite.

Oh and 240 thinks he is a rock star with dashing good looks  ::)
extremely good point...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 11:35:52 PM »
I know this isn't a great indicator, haha but it is interesting...  I've seen several Obama and Ron Paul signs/bumper stickers.  Only one McCain yard sign.  :-X
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 11:40:57 PM »
I know this isn't a great indicator, haha but it is interesting...  I've seen several Obama and Ron Paul signs/bumper stickers.  Only one McCain yard sign.  :-X
i think liberals are in general not always but for the most part much more outspoken than conservatives this may have something to do with that. Also depends on where you live and a number of other factors, i dont talk about politics with ppl i dont know and i dont go around advertising my political allegiance in public.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 01:46:50 AM »
i think liberals are in general not always but for the most part much more outspoken than conservatives this may have something to do with that. Also depends on where you live and a number of other factors, i dont talk about politics with ppl i dont know and i dont go around advertising my political allegiance in public.

True, I agree. I think back in 2000 and 2004 was the largest amount of  spoken "support" the republican base will see come a long time with W and the Christian Coalition, I saw alot of Bush stickers back then.

Nah, I don't either unless you know the other person shares your own beliefs on those matters, it can turn a get together upside down, come election year, haha. An old saying about not talking about sex and politics in public...i forgot it

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 03:03:22 AM »

I think you're right.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 05:18:15 AM »
I still have my 2000 election Bush/Cheney bumped stickers on a lot of the stuff in my house.  I placed them on the vehicles of wussy libs back then too.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 08:59:38 AM »
McCain is doing alright so far.  His biggest problem is the media infatuation with Obama. 

Both sides will be running negative ads. 
"Maverick"

"Straight Shooter"

"Straight Talk"

McCain has been a media darling since he started buying the doughnuts on the "Straight Talk Express".

Every pundit in the country must, as a rule of pundit law, acknowledge McCain's independent and truthful character.  The examples of this are legion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
"Maverick"

"Straight Shooter"

"Straight Talk"

McCain has been a media darling since he started buying the doughnuts on the "Straight Talk Express".

Every pundit in the country must, as a rule of pundit law, acknowledge McCain's independent and truthful character.  The examples of this are legion.

So you disagree with this? 

DAVID GERGEN, CNN SENIOR POLITICAL ANALYST, EDITOR-AT-LARGE, "U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT," ADVISED NIXON, FORD, REAGAN, CLINTON: Absolutely. I do think the coverage has been unbalanced. "The Tyndall Report," which measures these things, he finds that the network news programs have devoted far more time to Obama than they have to McCain.