Author Topic: top bodybuilding salaries  (Read 4715 times)

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
top bodybuilding salaries
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »
kkk so i was reading an article about famous hollywood actors ....the article was based on how much money they earned from july 2007 to july 2008...the names and outcomes were as follows..

will smith...80 million..
johnny deep..72 million
mike myers and eddie murphy both earned roughly 55
cameron "i never had a good money" diaz made about 45 million dollars
jennifer " my acting sucks and hard as my blowjobs" aniston made 40 million...
kira "i have no tits or ass " knightley made about 25 million..

So i said to my self...what are some of the top guys making?...anyone know? any accurate ideas?

oh yea...wut else should dey be doing to get more money?....how can bodybuilding grow like MMA is?

manimalis_maximus

• Getbig II
Re: top bodybuilding salaries
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »
$50,000 a year muscletech salary
-$30,000 a year supplemental g4p income
-$10,000 selling/autographing pictures

And whatever they make for winning or placing in shows.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »

if the show THE HILLS on mtv or some other bullcrap reality show can prosper..why cant bodybuilding?.....are the top men in the business not trying hard enough? do they lack marketing skills?..why dosent muscle tech or brands advertise on tv, signs , busess......is the reason why bodybuilding is such a low key sport because of the lack of knowledge on how to expand?....i know the olympia can draw some ratings on cable tv is marketed and proposed right?....discuzz

manimalis_maximus

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »
Well the ones with marketing skills are successful. There's some bodybuilders who don't even compete and make a good income. Some albeit doing "questionable" things

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 10:52:15 AM »
Well the ones with marketing skills are successful. There's some bodybuilders who don't even compete and make a good income. Some albeit doing "questionable" things

;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »
kkk so i was reading an article about famous hollywood actors ....the article was based on how much money they earned from july 2007 to july 2008...the names and outcomes were as follows..

will smith...80 million..
johnny deep..72 million
mike myers and eddie murphy both earned roughly 55
cameron "i never had a good money" diaz made about 45 million dollars
jennifer " my acting sucks and hard as my blowjobs" aniston made 40 million...
kira "i have no tits or ass " knightley made about 25 million..

So i said to my self...what are some of the top guys making?...anyone know? any accurate ideas?

oh yea...wut else should dey be doing to get more money?....how can bodybuilding grow like MMA is?

First step would be to eliminate the bb. 

The Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »
Dont compare to actors. 3/4 of the boneheads on here routienly call bodybuilders "athletes" (oh brother) so compare them with real athlete salaries!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58:08 AM »

So that was $90K.

Now take out the $20K in food and the $40K in juice and you have a net income of;

$30K and a fucked up body from juicing so hard.

Doing a lap dance and rubbing your ass against some 65 y/o schomoe's tool  like DA does is not what most people would call "marketing skills".  ::)

manimalis_maximus

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
So that was $90K.

Now take out the $20K in food and the $40K in juice and you have a net income of;

Doing a lap dance and rubbing your ass against some 65 y/o schomoe's tool  like DA does is not what most people would call "marketing skills".  ::)

I think that falls under "questionable practices" not marketing skills.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 12:15:27 PM »
They should give up their bodybuilding roots and become superstar actors like Kevin Levrone. I'm surprised he wasn't on that list!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 12:17:40 PM »
Z

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 12:27:58 PM »
As usual...thread is starting to go to s##t.  Anyway...what is Phil earning vs some of the bottom dwellers? 

Met Contract = $80,000 - $125,000
Contest earnings = $60,000-$80,000
Other Sponsors = $25,000 - $35000
Guest Posing (Top3-4) = $50,000 - $75,000
Free Eggs = $300
Free Chicken = $1500

What other cookie jar does he have his fat fingers in?
Oh...Monica!

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 01:20:53 PM »
Jay Cutler makes great $$$$----but he markets teh shit out of himself---countless endorsments etc...

his prize money is very little of his income-----

he is one example of one of the smartest BBers who know how to maximize their earning potential------he unlike many other BBers he has never done any gay shit like musclegallery etc...which is smart on his part (Do you think Kai Greene will ever be Mr O---hahaha no way)

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 01:37:37 PM »

It is ALL marketing.

In ANY business

The best marketer WINS

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »
So that was $90K.

Don't forget the IRS like Levrone was said to have done to the tune of $100K+

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 01:39:49 PM »
Jay Cutler makes great $$$$----but he markets teh shit out of himself---countless endorsments etc...

he is one example of one of the smartest BBers who know how to maximize their earning potential------he unlike many other BBers he has never done any gay shit like musclegallery etc...which is smart on his part (Do you think Kai Greene will ever be Mr O---hahaha no way)

There you are !

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »
The first private Chef gig I had was when I just turned twenty. Some big shot trucker from Alabama, Wiley Sanders. You see his trucks all over in America. Starting salary was 120k a year. I'll say it time and time again. LEARN A TRADE!

Chef, as far as the trades go, I'd say you are the exception to the rule.
But great for you...I can't put a f----ng nail in wood!

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 02:23:40 PM »

I dont understand why maybe the olympia or the arnold can be put on tv....TV controls alot of minds...Controls whats "goood" and what is "sought after"...why can jim, the weiders, or someone just fukin take the risk, market it right, and start stacking some more cheese....i tired of people saying bodybuilding cant make it,....if u notice, espn targets every sport except bodybuilding...they even show like hick sports on espn....WHY!!!!!

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »
I dont understand why maybe the olympia or the arnold can be put on tv....TV controls alot of minds...Controls whats "goood" and what is "sought after"...why can jim, the weiders, or someone just fukin take the risk, market it right, and start stacking some more cheese....i tired of people saying bodybuilding cant make it,....if u notice, espn targets every sport except bodybuilding...they even show like hick sports on espn....WHY!!!!!

A said some years ago that even he could not get it on TV (interview, MM, with Tyler Dinwoody)-he really ripped on today's bb's in the interview, that they presented so poorly in general that he just could not sell it.

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 02:44:10 PM »
A said some years ago that even he could not get it on TV (interview, MM, with Tyler Dinwoody)-he really ripped on today's bb's in the interview, that they presented so poorly in general that he just could not sell it.

look thats all bullshit ....THEY CAN BE ON TV...have u ever watched those shows on TV, i forget what station, about recovering drug addicts.....they show them stiking needles in themselves, ect.....what about MTV ruining the new generation with all their rap and sex antics?....put on the olympia or the arnold...make the guys seems larger than life......FREAKS AND GODS...fat americans will love it due to the pure fat that they wish they can look like that once in their life....

Moosejay

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 03:04:01 PM »
look thats all bullshit ....THEY CAN BE ON TV...have u ever watched those shows on TV, i forget what station, about recovering drug addicts.....they show them stiking needles in themselves, ect.....what about MTV ruining the new generation with all their rap and sex antics?....put on the olympia or the arnold...make the guys seems larger than life......FREAKS AND GODS...fat americans will love it due to the pure fat that they wish they can look like that once in their life....

That's why they canno0t sell it

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11:32 PM »
As usual...thread is starting to go to s##t.  Anyway...what is Phil earning vs some of the bottom dwellers? 

Met Contract = $80,000 - $125,000
Contest earnings = $60,000-$80,000
Other Sponsors = $25,000 - $35000
Guest Posing (Top3-4) = $50,000 - $75,000
Free Eggs = $300
Free Chicken = $1500
Lift Studios massages = free
Lift Studios body wax = free
Lift Studios rectum exams = free

What other cookie jar does he have his fat fingers in?

Fixed.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:37 PM »

Jeezus....where to begin?

I seriously doubt bbing would benefit from exposure. For the sake of argument, let's say it became a moderate success within the "mainstream".....what do you think would happen? If our Government is going after Baseball for Steroids, how could comp. bbing possibly win?

These guys (current crop) aren't very charismatic. They aren't very smart either. Add to that the fact that there's nothing entertaining to comp. bbing, and you've got nothing. There are no 3 pointers, no touchdowns, no KO's, et cetera. Fuck, no even a scoreboard.....they ARE STILL USING PENCILS FOR FUCKSSAKES!

Reality sucks.....comp. bbing will remain a cult for schmoes and worshipers....

HAHA, RON.....

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »
I think Moosejay's nephew actually ranks in the top 10. 

Moosejay

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »
I think Moosejay's nephew actually ranks in the top 10. 

Hahaha...since I will be supllementing about 3,500$ for his trotal summer, I betcha that is actually right.