Author Topic: POSTWORKOUT Milk Study:Milk After Exercise Muscle Gain And Fat loss /PRE=Better  (Read 8131 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Another Study without the "Dairy Grant"

Milk Ingestion Stimulates Net Muscle Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise.

BASIC SCIENCES
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 38(4):667-674, April 2006.
ELLIOT, TABATHA A.; CREE, MELANIE G.; SANFORD, ARTHUR P.; WOLFE, ROBERT R.; TIPTON, KEVIN D.

Abstract:
Purpose: Previous studies have examined the response of muscle protein to resistance exercise and nutrient ingestion. Net muscle protein synthesis results from the combination of resistance exercise and amino acid intake. No study has examined the response of muscle protein to ingestion of protein in the context of a food. This study was designed to determine the response of net muscle protein balance following resistance exercise to ingestion of nutrients as components of milk.

Method: Three groups of volunteers ingested one of three milk drinks each: 237 g of fat-free milk (FM), 237 g of whole milk (WM), and 393 g of fat-free milk isocaloric with the WM (IM). Milk was ingested 1 h following a leg resistance exercise routine. Net muscle protein balance was determined by measuring amino acid balance across the leg.

Results: Arterial concentrations of representative amino acids increased in response to milk ingestion. Threonine balance and phenylalanine balance were both > 0 following milk ingestion. Net amino acid uptake for threonine was 2.8-fold greater (P < 0.05) for WM than for FM. Mean uptake of phenylalanine was 80 and 85% greater for WM and IM, respectively, than for FM, but not statistically different. Threonine uptake relative to ingested was significantly (P < 0.05) higher for WM (21 +/- 6%) than FM (11 +/- 5%), but not IM (12 +/- 3%). Mean phenylalanine uptake/ingested also was greatest for WM, but not significantly.

Conclusions: Ingestion of milk following resistance exercise results in phenylalanine and threonine uptake, representative of net muscle protein synthesis. These results suggest that whole milk may have increased utilization of available amino acids for protein synthesis.

(C)2006The American College of Sports Medicine

Hopefully this also clarifies why I advocated Whole Milk or Raw Milk.  As you see, it is more beneficial than Skim and has the potential to be understood even better given more research.  WM=Whole Milk.

Method101

• Getbig V
I drink 2.8 litres of skimmed milk a day.  ;D, candidizzle says it causes water retention.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
In China, Cigarettes are GOOD for You

"Cigarettes, according to China’s tobacco authorities, are an excellent way to prevent ulcers. They also reduce the risk of Parkinson’s disease, relieve schizophrenia, boost your brain cells, speed up your thinking, improve your reactions and increase your working efficiency.

Pay no attention to those lung cancer warnings - they’re nonsense. You’re more likely to get cancer from cooking smoke! Those are the words of wisdom from China’s state-owned tobacco monopoly, the world’s most successful cigarette-marketing agency. With annual sales of 1.8 trillion cigarettes, the Chinese are responsible for nearly 1/3 of all cigarettes smoked on the whole planet.

The official website of the tobacco monopoly claims cigarettes are a kind of miracle drug: solving your health problems, helping your lifestyle, strengthening the equality of women, and even eliminating loneliness and depression. “Smoking removes your troubles and worries,” says a 37-year-old female magazine editor, quoted approvingly on the website. “Holding a cigarette is like having a walking stick in your hand, giving you support. “Quitting smoking would bring you misery, shortening your life.” Such statements are widely believed in China.

2/3 of Chinese men are smokers, and surveys show that approx. 90% believe their habit has little effect on their health, or is good for them. Even in China’s medical community, 60% of male doctors are smokers. No wonder Western tobacco companies are drooling over the Chinese market of 360 million smokers.

This week, a group of Canadian experts went to China in an effort to convince Chinese smokers of more realistic effects of smoking. They distributed anti-smoking posters, visited cancer patients, showed the graphic warnings on Canadian cigarette packs, and lectured on how the anti-smoking campaign has reduced Canada’s lung-cancer rate. They face a struggle in China, a country where the tobacco industry provides 60 million jobs and 10% of national tax revenue
"
I

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
so basically a study sponsored by the dairy institute states that drinking more milk is good for you...brilliant

is this similiar to when MattC reviews a product for bb.com and gains 10-15lbs of lean muscle mass every time?  ::)
Another Study without the "Dairy Grant"

Milk Ingestion Stimulates Net Muscle Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise.

BASIC SCIENCES
Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 38(4):667-674, April 2006.
ELLIOT, TABATHA A.; CREE, MELANIE G.; SANFORD, ARTHUR P.; WOLFE, ROBERT R.; TIPTON, KEVIN D.

Abstract:
Purpose: Previous studies have examined the response of muscle protein to resistance exercise and nutrient ingestion. Net muscle protein synthesis results from the combination of resistance exercise and amino acid intake. No study has examined the response of muscle protein to ingestion of protein in the context of a food. This study was designed to determine the response of net muscle protein balance following resistance exercise to ingestion of nutrients as components of milk.

Method: Three groups of volunteers ingested one of three milk drinks each: 237 g of fat-free milk (FM), 237 g of whole milk (WM), and 393 g of fat-free milk isocaloric with the WM (IM). Milk was ingested 1 h following a leg resistance exercise routine. Net muscle protein balance was determined by measuring amino acid balance across the leg.

Results: Arterial concentrations of representative amino acids increased in response to milk ingestion. Threonine balance and phenylalanine balance were both > 0 following milk ingestion. Net amino acid uptake for threonine was 2.8-fold greater (P < 0.05) for WM than for FM. Mean uptake of phenylalanine was 80 and 85% greater for WM and IM, respectively, than for FM, but not statistically different. Threonine uptake relative to ingested was significantly (P < 0.05) higher for WM (21 +/- 6%) than FM (11 +/- 5%), but not IM (12 +/- 3%). Mean phenylalanine uptake/ingested also was greatest for WM, but not significantly.

Conclusions: Ingestion of milk following resistance exercise results in phenylalanine and threonine uptake, representative of net muscle protein synthesis. These results suggest that whole milk may have increased utilization of available amino acids for protein synthesis.

(C)2006The American College of Sports Medicine

Hopefully this also clarifies why I advocated Whole Milk or Raw Milk.  As you see, it is more beneficial than Skim and has the potential to be understood even better given more research.  WM=Whole Milk.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
search google long enough and you can find nearly any scientific research to support almost any argument and theory
I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Donkeykong, you're negative. Can't you have an objective discussion w/o calling somebody stupid right off the bat?

Yes, you are right, I am sorry.

But his copy&paste Mr-Know-It-All just pisses me off. Adonis comes here once a year and in that time spams the board with his utter bullshit and copied articles.

Back then it was McDonalds, his new topic is MILK. He will go to google, type "milk and muscle growth" or "milk and protein synthesis" and then cpoy and paste sprre all over the board for hours and hours.

Basically all i'm saying is, TA is an idiot, if he came around like "Hey guys, i like to drink milk after WO, it helps build muscles" it would be fine, but TA is just the annoying type of idiot that everybody hates in real life, yet, you can't throw him out here, like you could do in a Bar or wherever else in real life.

DK II

• Getbig V
search google long enough and you can find nearly any scientific research to support almost any argument and theory

EXACTLY.

TA is an idiot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

But his copy&paste Mr-Know-It-All just pisses me off. Adonis comes here once a year and in that time spams the board with his utter bullshit and copied articles.

Back then it was McDonalds, his new topic is MILK. He will go to google, type "milk and muscle growth" or "milk and protein synthesis" and then cpoy and paste sprre all over the board for hours and hours.

Basically all i'm saying is, TA is an idiot, if he came around like "Hey guys, i like to drink milk after WO, it helps build muscles" it would be fine, but TA is just the annoying type of idiot that everybody hates in real life, yet, you can't throw him out here, like you could do in a Bar or wherever else in real life.
I would rather PROVE with EVIDENCE why Milk is superior rather than say "Hey guys, i like to drink milk after WO, it helps build muscles".

Just implicating things on faith is in no way beneficial to anyone who champions Science and evidence. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Why should Scientific research make you angry?  Are you one of those that don`t inquire why or want to know the mechanism of how something works? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Furthermore, if you notice this entire thread, I have taken myself out of the equation and provided the unbiased research that you can choose to draw your own conclusions with.  Hopefully, you will take the evidence into consideration rather than choose to turn a blind eye to a fact simply because you don`t like the messenger.  That is true ignorance. 

DK II

• Getbig V
I would rather PROVE with EVIDENCE why Milk is superior rather than say "Hey guys, i like to drink milk after WO, it helps build muscles".

Just implicating things on faith is in no way beneficial to anyone who champions Science and evidence. 

nothing against scientific research, you didn't get my point.

Also, you tend to agressivly promote one topic without accepting any chance for discussion.

Why should Scientific research make you angry?  Are you one of those that don`t inquire why or want to know the mechanism of how something works? 

Scientific research is fine, ibut it doesn't make you less an idiot.

Furthermore, if you notice this entire thread, I have taken myself out of the equation and provided the unbiased research that you can choose to draw your own conclusions with.  Hopefully, you will take the evidence into consideration rather than choose to turn a blind eye to a fact simply because you don`t like the messenger.  That is true ignorance. 

I didn't say anything against milk, so i guess you're right, i just think you're an idiot.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
nothing against scientific research, you didn't get my point.

Also, you tend to agressivly promote one topic without accepting any chance for discussion.

Scientific research is fine, ibut it doesn't make you less an idiot.

I didn't say anything against milk, so i guess you're right, i just think you're an idiot.
So what exactly is your quarrel?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
"You're an idiot" isn't a valid argument against anything.
$

DK II

• Getbig V
"You're an idiot" isn't a valid argument against anything.

I didn't argument, i made a statement.

So what exactly is your quarrel?

I hate you.  ;D ;D

Red Hook

• Getbig V
I didn't argument, i made a statement.

I hate you.  ;D ;D

hate is a pretty strong emotion for someone that you have never met..you are probably just using a hyperbole
I

DK II

• Getbig V
hate is a pretty strong emotion for someone that you have never met

loll, don't take me so serious! i was exaggerating for the fun of the comment.

Just keep it this way, TA was posting bullshit in 99% of his posts, may i remind again of the "Adonis principles", "a calorie is a calorie" or the 225x112 video?

Now he comes back with his NEW  ::) ::) experience of drinking milk, which has been known for about 4000 years and starts spamming the G&O.

TA = annoying fuck

DK II

• Getbig V
If he actually brought something interesting to this board, well, i wouldn't mind, but he doesn't.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
well post workout or preworkout ok. otherwise its stuipid to drink when dieting imo.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
well post workout or preworkout ok. otherwise its stuipid to drink when dieting imo.

Can you expand as to why?

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
loll, don't take me so serious! i was exaggerating for the fun of the comment.

Just keep it this way, TA was posting bullshit in 99% of his posts, may i remind again of the "Adonis principles", "a calorie is a calorie" or the 225x112 video?

Now he comes back with his NEW  ::) ::) experience of drinking milk, which has been known for about 4000 years and starts spamming the G&O.

TA = annoying fuck

glad many see this ass jockey for what he is...if i had the time or interest i would quote all his adonis principles and calorie is a calorie bullshit and mcdonalds diet ben and jerrys oh lord what a hoot this retard is....scum bag too fks underage girls....

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
Can you expand as to why?
milk sugar -> insulin spike -> fat storage

Tombo

• Getbig V
I drink 2.8 litres of skimmed milk a day.  ;D, candidizzle says it causes water retention.

alot of the minerals and vitamins in milk can cause kidney stones and some other digestion problems, especially if you're genetically prone to such, i've had a tiny one before, but it was after a massive food binge and not helped by my last brand of creatine so i don't eat much dairy, usually about a cup of it with my oatmeal and possibly with a coffee later in the day, adding this hopefully won't hurt me.

DK II

• Getbig V
milk sugar -> insulin spike -> fat storage

Bullshit, lactose has a low GI of 46.

DK II

• Getbig V
glad many see this ass jockey for what he is...if i had the time or interest i would quote all his adonis principles and calorie is a calorie bullshit and mcdonalds diet ben and jerrys oh lord what a hoot this retard is....scum bag too fks underage girls....

Isn't it great how he says i should PROVE that he is dumber than me but then dodges the McDonald's or deadlift accusations like ever before?

TA = idiot.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Its not uncommon for vested interests to fund peer-reviewed research. For the most part, it has no bearings on the results and conclusions of a study.

bullshit because the results only get published if they are favorable to the funding interest.