Author Topic: Obama beats McCain in Europe donations  (Read 3149 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Obama beats McCain in Europe donations
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 11:06:18 AM »
Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bush stole that election? Are you privy to some information that the rest of the USA isn't. Got any solid evidence besides conspiracy theories and cockamamie websites about it? I'd love to read some of the secret information that only you have Hugo. Feel free to post it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bush stole that election? Are you privy to some information that the rest of the USA isn't. Got any solid evidence besides conspiracy theories and cockamamie websites about it? I'd love to read some of the secret information that only you have Hugo. Feel free to post it.
no you don't.  I'll post all the videos and info and you'll play for a meltdown without looking at any of it.  No thanks.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 02:58:22 PM »
What a colossal moron. 
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 03:03:52 PM »
Hey benny..nobody cares about Europe.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2008, 10:21:13 AM »
Obama is simply so far ahead in the donation race it is barely worth discussion. Last count he raised like $170 million more overall since the race started. Last month he raised $32 million *more* than McCain - meaning an extra million a day above McCain.

People will fluster, twist and say whatever - but Obama is killing the donation niche, and let's be real - money matters as far as elections, same way it does in life.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
Can you prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bush stole that election?

No.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 10:44:02 AM »
Obama is simply so far ahead in the donation race it is barely worth discussion. Last count he raised like $170 million more overall since the race started. Last month he raised $32 million *more* than McCain - meaning an extra million a day above McCain.

People will fluster, twist and say whatever - but Obama is killing the donation niche, and let's be real - money matters as far as elections, same way it does in life.

Yes he has raised more money and yes money definitely matters, but McCain has been and is raising enough to win. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 10:56:58 AM »
Yes he has raised more money and yes money definitely matters, but McCain has been and is raising enough to win. 

mccain is capped at 84 million bucks.

Obama can spend 300 or 400 million if he can raise it.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »
mccain is capped at 84 million bucks.

Obama can spend 300 or 400 million if he can raise it.
Yes, but let's be honest. McCain has a TON of RNC money that will be spent bashing Obama and running ads for McCain. Obama needed to opt out so he could level the playing field somewhat.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2008, 01:40:43 PM »
Yes, but let's be honest. McCain has a TON of RNC money that will be spent bashing Obama and running ads for McCain. Obama needed to opt out so he could level the playing field somewhat.

RNC does have triple the $, but they're gonna lose 10 senate seats if they match obama on dollars.  heck, they might lose 5 seats anyway without any $ discrepency.

And honestly, they have to be doing the state-by-state math right now and realizing it's Dole II.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »
Both are scum...Obama is less scumier...Ron Paul all the Way!
I hate the State.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »
When Euro-trash gives more money to Obama...that is your first sign McCain is better for America. 

I will let you all know when Europe has America's best interest in mind.  Don't hold your breath.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 09:56:33 PM »
When Euro-trash gives more money to Obama...that is your first sign McCain is better for America. 

I will let you all know when Europe has America's best interest in mind.  Don't hold your breath.

Terminal Power,

Non Americans can't donate to a candidate. Those who you refer to as Euro-trash, are Americans living abroad
w

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
Correct...kind of.  Many hold duel citizenship and many non-americans can use like-minded citizens as a conduit for donations.  Trust me, I know!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:57 PM »

Correct...kind of.  Many hold duel citizenship and many non-americans can use like-minded citizens as a conduit for donations.  Trust me, I know!

Jag is correct - the millions coming from overseas are expatriate Americans, only Americans can donate. Dual or not, they are still Americans. My husband was a dual national - and since the USA stung him for 100% of taxes, I would say he would be counted as full as he had to pay full. They don't let of half Americans for half tax or give them half votes, so its semantics really.

Dem abroad org says they have about 6 million registered dem voters, most in Europe. A fair amount of people really.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »
Yes that is correct, no argument from me, just an elaboration. 

I stick by what I said.  Living in Europe has its influences, natually they would donate to Obama the liberal.  I think you will find many more "Pro-American" Europeans, living in America than Europe, per capita.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
Yes that is correct, no argument from me, just an elaboration. 

I stick by what I said.  Living in Europe has its influences, natually they would donate to Obama the liberal.  I think you will find many more "Pro-American" Europeans, living in America than Europe, per capita.

Donating to Obama is a "Pro-American" thing to do, after all, he's running for president of the U.S.
!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
I agree.

Try telling a left wing nut that donating to McCain is Pro-American.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »
I agree.

Try telling a left wing nut that donating to McCain is Pro-American.

The difference with the left-wing guy is that he knows Mccain is bad for America, so donating to a mccain campaign is not Pro-American in their eyes. Only what's good for America is pro-American. That's why Americans should vote Obama for President:)
w