Author Topic: Obama's presidency and troop deployments  (Read 1024 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Obama's presidency and troop deployments
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
After watching this clown on tv, talking about sending troops to Darfur, I realized that troops will be deployed far more than they are currently.  I don't have exact numbers but this will likely be a repeat of the Clinton era where soldiers were sent all over the world on "peace keeping" missions and getting caught in numerous engagements (ex: Kosovo, Somalia).  Expect the Marines to be deployed to solve the world's problems.  I would go as far as to say that the Army will increase it's recruitment of Civil Affairs units even more than what they are now.

Opinions?
Squishy face retard

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama's presidency and troop deployments
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
We'll have africom up and running pretty well by then....its like a kid witha toy.
L

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
Don't get me wrong, being deployed is what all that training is for but all the families bitching about deployments now are going to be kicking themselves in ass if Obama gets elected.

By the way, what ever happened to people believing in the military and what it stands for?  Back in WW2 guys were deployed for YEARS straight and nobody bitched.  Obama will only increase the bitching.
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 05:26:39 PM »
This and other matters have made me consider voting for McCain or maybe not voting at all....
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:29:08 PM »
My biggest problem with McCain is that I'm almost certain he's in the Neo Con boat with the current criminal administration.

Plus I think the Economy might start recovering quicker under Obama...

S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
Another thing that really bothers me is all of Obamas "want something for nothing" supporters I have witnessed.
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »
Another guy who wants debate....as a RP fan, don't u think Obama with his higher taxes and some of his other comments, he will do more damage our economy. I'll stop there.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 05:54:36 PM »
Plus I think the Economy might start recovering quicker under Obama...

Businesses that are in business to make money would disagree with that.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 06:02:50 PM »
I don't think this guy will be good for the economy. Bush was not responsible for the housing crunch, oil is up because demand is up. Yes he is spending money on the war..and he did nothing to shrink the gov.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 07:03:50 PM »
After watching this clown on tv, talking about sending troops to Darfur, I realized that troops will be deployed far more than they are currently.  I don't have exact numbers but this will likely be a repeat of the Clinton era where soldiers were sent all over the world on "peace keeping" missions and getting caught in numerous engagements (ex: Kosovo, Somalia).  Expect the Marines to be deployed to solve the world's problems.  I would go as far as to say that the Army will increase it's recruitment of Civil Affairs units even more than what they are now.

Opinions?

I donno,  nothing seems as gigantically incompetently ran than the Iraq war.   It far surpasses any Kosovo or Somolia.  So,  i doubt, Obama will do anything that stupid.  However, Mr. Bomb bomb and stay 100 years, the pandering whore, might do that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 07:13:45 PM »
I don't think this guy will be good for the economy. Bush was not responsible for the housing crunch, oil is up because demand is up. Yes he is spending money on the war..and he did nothing to shrink the gov.

BUSH's policies help put us where we are at.   It's like free beer at a AA meeting.

Demand is up?  By 25-50% in just 1 year?   Right.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 07:19:16 PM »
Thank greedy companies for the current housing crisis.  Now the Lib Congress wants to bail all these morons out who put little or nothing down on a home and then walked away from their home.  Rewarding stupidity does seem to be the way liberals operate.  I still can't believe what Countrywide did.

Thank countries like India and China for having oil subsidies that drove prices up, or speculators that fucked the market, etc.
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 07:26:32 PM »
Thank greedy companies for the current housing crisis.  Now the Lib Congress wants to bail all these morons out who put little or nothing down on a home and then walked away from their home.  Rewarding stupidity does seem to be the way liberals operate.  I still can't believe what Countrywide did.

Thank countries like India and China for having oil subsidies that drove prices up, or speculators that fucked the market, etc.

I think people need to live with their mistakes in most cases an not be bailed out. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »

I think people need to live with their mistakes in most cases an not be bailed out. 
So true but once again we will waste money to help people who fucked up their own lives.
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »
So true but once again we will waste money to help people who fucked up their own lives.
Aren't kind of doing that now with companies when we bail out these loan companies?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 11:37:21 PM »
Aren't kind of doing that now with companies when we bail out these loan companies?

ziiiiiiiiiiing

socializing the private sector debt, and not making the CEOs give back bonuses.

That's some sexy shit right there!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 07:48:25 AM »
Fannie and Freddie? It's because they buy loan packages and happened to buy bundles from Countrywide. 
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 08:42:05 AM »
Fannie and Freddie? It's because they buy loan packages and happened to buy bundles from Countrywide. 

My point is, we shouldn't bail those fvckers out either.   They need to live with their mistakes too right?   Why should we have to pay to bail them out?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 10:29:07 AM »
My point is, we shouldn't bail those fvckers out either.   They need to live with their mistakes too right?   Why should we have to pay to bail them out?

Official line?  "Some businesses are too big to fail".

Unofficially?  Big business has enough power to call the shots and in this case, demand somwhere between $100 billion (minimum commitment) and $11 trillion (maximum debt allowance Congress has approved - they won't have this many defaults, but they're covered if they do).

Remember, 70 years ago, the two biggest bank presidents planned a coup on the pers.  It was FDR, right?  They planned to take over the nation.  The plot was revealed, and info leaked by FDR to protect himself, but they wouldn't charge the men, despite a pile of witnesses and paper trail.  FDR knew that taking down the two largest bank presidents would cause the banks to fail, which would kill our economy.

Fast fwd 70 years.  Is it *really* that unbelievable that the two biggest lending houses in the USA would have the power and balls to extort money from the govt?  (IE: Cover all our bad debt mistakes from irresponsible lending, or we'll just declare chapter 13 and crash your precious economy)

IMO, the companies have more power than the white house does.  They can make the life saving of 310,000,000 people worthless by killing the dollar, by declaring bankruptcy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »
I don't think Obama will be deploying troops in Darfur. They don't want them there, ...at least not now.
w