Author Topic: NPC USA: What happened to Branden Ray at the USA's tonight??  (Read 1073 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Was he all hype. He was working with dexter jackson this offseason and has seemed to gotten worse when compared to his jr.nationals conditon from last year. And seems softer with less muscle this year. Whatcha think?? ( this years pic is him n the red shorts )

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
Re: What happened to Branden Ray at the USA's tonight??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:04:16 PM »
I don't think he was overhyped but you would at least expect him to come in better a full year later. All he did was come in smaller AND softer. I don't know what he did all year but if we was workin with Dexter I'd definitely do my own thing or start working with D. Long again if I were him. He will still get 2nd. . . He should have a nice rebound after this show and fill back out and do the Nationals as a heavyweight.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »
I think he got blacker thats for sure
TEAM Nasser

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »
I don't think he was overhyped but you would at least expect him to come in better a full year later. All he did was come in smaller AND softer. I don't know what he did all year but if we was workin with Dexter I'd definitely do my own thing or start working with D. Long again if I were him. He will still get 2nd. . . He should have a nice rebound after this show and fill back out and do the Nationals as a heavyweight.

I really think he should come in as a heavyweight next time around. I saw pics of him 8 weeks out and 220 something lbs. How did he lost 40lbs in 8 weeks ? ( he said he was 188 at weigh-ins) so yea thats a recipe to lose muscle!

I think coming in as a heavy was his original plan, but somehow someone talked to into doing the LHW's........Whoever gave him that advice, should be shot :)

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »
I really think he should come in as a heavyweight next time around. I saw pics of him 8 weeks out and 220 something lbs. How did he lost 40lbs in 8 weeks ? ( he said he was 188 at weigh-ins) so yea thats a recipe to lose muscle!

I think coming in as a heavy was his original plan, but somehow someone talked to into doing the LHW's........Whoever gave him that advice, should be shot :)

Holy shit I didn't know he lost that much weight. Yeah that was a terrible idea. I don't think he wanted to go against Brandon Curry.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 11:27:57 PM »
Holy shit I didn't know he lost that much weight. Yeah that was a terrible idea. I don't think he wanted to go against Brandon Curry.

Yea I think so too. But that heavyweight class was STACKED! did u check out the pics? That could go between curry, banks, or liberatore. And i dont think anyone would complain if any of those guys came out on top.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:33:40 PM »
soft as warm butter here at weigh ins.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 01:03:05 AM »
Yea I think so too. But that heavyweight class was STACKED! did u check out the pics? That could go between curry, banks, or liberatore. And i dont think anyone would complain if any of those guys came out on top.

Yeah I don't know if being a heavyweight in this show would have worked out either. It's hard to say because I don't know how he would look heavier. If he was harder as a heavy than he would fit in well with those guys but he still wouldn't have won.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 01:09:46 AM »
soft as warm butter here at weigh ins.

Looks like a weedwhacker got the back of his head
TEAM Nasser

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: NPC USA: What happened to Branden Ray at the USA's tonight??
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 01:20:45 AM »
Looks like a weedwhacker got the back of his head

yea i dont think his haircut helped him onstage either