Author Topic: Natural or not  (Read 3670 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Natural or not
« on: July 26, 2008, 02:25:08 PM »
I debated with myself whether to post this or not. I am not actually referring to anyone imparticular with this post although I'm sure that I am not going to make any new friends with this post. Personally I have no problems with someone using or even abusing steroids for the matter. To each his own as far as I'm concerned. The real problem that I do have is when someone who takes steroids claims to be natural. Now, I actually have no problem if Ronnie Coleman claims that he is natural. He was a cop so I can understand if he says that, but even Ronnie never went around making claims about getting to his size without drugs. He was a cop and he said he was clean and that was the end of it. I'm sure he never intended for anyone to believe him, but it needed to be said for obvious reason.

There are too many guys out there who believe just about anything that some of these guys say. It pisses me off when someone who obviously is on steroids goes around claiming that their kind of physique is attainable without drugs. When I was 18 I believed all the bullshit too. I spun my wheels for years believing that I could look like the pros without drugs. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people can look pretty damn good with training and strict dieting, but there is a limit! I am not saying that anyone should use. What I am saying is that no one should have smoke blown up their ass by being told that they can look at certain way without drugs. Can you imagine being told by your favorite bber who is on drugs, that he is drug free and if  you work hard like him  ::) you could be big like him too? I had the same thing happen to me, but fortunately for me an old and wiser friend of mine went up to this guy and pretty much tore him an new one for lying to me. He did this on the side without my knowledge but later I found out. Talk about a let down. When you are young and impressionable you tend to hang on to every word that you are hearing from your idol.

There is a lot of debate about who is natural or not on the board now. Here is a general rule of thumb to get a very good idea as to whether or not someone is using any type of hormone either over the counter or not. Go into google and search for some pics of guys who were bodybuilders before steroids where invented and there you will find your answer. Now, someone of these guys were not as lean as todays guys, but some actually were. No where will you see anyone who is close to being as big as anyone of these guys today.

The only reason I am posting this is because I actually give a shit about some of you guys on here, OK very few.  ;D I just hate to see guys have unrealistic expectations. Now, before anyone comes in here to dispute what I have said think about it first. I have been around a long time and I say as humbly as I can that I know my shit, at least enough to be able to comment on this stuff.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Natural or not
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:28:14 PM »
i dont give a fuck if anyone is natural or not

however,

i think the supplement industry exploits the naivety of people when they start training

by selling a myth  - which is wrong
T

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
i dont give a fuck if anyone is natural or not

however,

i think the supplement industry exploits the naivety of people when they start training

by selling a myth  - which is wrong

Agreed. I have more respect for a supplemet company selling a pro steroid thats works than someone selling a magic potion that supposedly 6543% better than Dbol.  ::)

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »
I see your point and it does suck to be lied too, but such is life.  It happens all the time and people fall for far worse scams than "you can look like me if you train hard".  How many idiots fall for get rich scams, or fat guys picking up a book telling him "he too can get women by following said authors plan".

In the long run we all figure it out, I will never look like a pro, and yes, at one point I believed all the bullshit too.  I guess my point is that it helps you grow as a person, and the people who never figure it out, well, life has a way of weeding out those types doesn't it?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 02:39:01 PM »
Cartoons on TV also give younger people way too high expectations.. when i was really young i thought that i could get to look like heman just by training for years lol.
 ;D

People underestimate the diffrence drugs make, mainly because assholes like Arnold come out saying things like "I was only experimenting with steroids back in the day when they were legal, no bodybuilders use them now".
 :D

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
I debated with myself whether to post this or not. I am not actually referring to anyone imparticular with this post although I'm sure that I am not going to make any new friends with this post. Personally I have no problems with someone using or even abusing steroids for the matter. To each his own as far as I'm concerned. The real problem that I do have is when someone who takes steroids claims to be natural. Now, I actually have no problem if Ronnie Coleman claims that he is natural. He was a cop so I can understand if he says that, but even Ronnie never went around making claims about getting to his size without drugs. He was a cop and he said he was clean and that was the end of it. I'm sure he never intended for anyone to believe him, but it needed to be said for obvious reason.

There are too many guys out there who believe just about anything that some of these guys say. It pisses me off when someone who obviously is on steroids goes around claiming that their kind of physique is attainable without drugs. When I was 18 I believed all the bullshit too. I spun my wheels for years believing that I could look like the pros without drugs. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people can look pretty damn good with training and strict dieting, but there is a limit! I am not saying that anyone should use. What I am saying is that no one should have smoke blown up their ass by being told that they can look at certain way without drugs. Can you imagine being told by your favorite bber who is on drugs, that he is drug free and if  you work hard like him  ::) you could be big like him too? I had the same thing happen to me, but fortunately for me an old and wiser friend of mine went up to this guy and pretty much tore him an new one for lying to me. He did this on the side without my knowledge but later I found out. Talk about a let down. When you are young and impressionable you tend to hang on to every word that you are hearing from your idol.

There is a lot of debate about who is natural or not on the board now. Here is a general rule of thumb to get a very good idea as to whether or not someone is using any type of hormone either over the counter or not. Go into google and search for some pics of guys who were bodybuilders before steroids where invented and there you will find your answer. Now, someone of these guys were not as lean as todays guys, but some actually were. No where will you see anyone who is close to being as big as anyone of these guys today.

The only reason I am posting this is because I actually give a shit about some of you guys on here, OK very few.  ;D I just hate to see guys have unrealistic expectations. Now, before anyone comes in here to dispute what I have said think about it first. I have been around a long time and I say as humbly as I can that I know my shit, at least enough to be able to comment on this stuff.

Hey Disgusted, who are you talking about? Could it be me? I take it as a compliment if it is. Thanks, Faildo

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 02:45:19 PM »
Hey Disgusted, who are you talking about? Could it be me? I take it as a compliment if it is. Thanks, Faildo

I was not reffering to you or anyone imparticular. I said that in my post, but maybe you didn't see that part.  It's in the first sentence. It's not alway all about Chris.  ;)    Unless you are feeling singled out for some odd reason.

Just wanted to add this: you are acutally pretty small and that is not a put down, so if you are using, it doesn't really show.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »

Great post, Dis. As I've said before, it's a shame so many go around making silly claims, when in most cases the "use" is obvious.
HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
hahahhahahahhaha

self owning    ;D    ;D

you have zero self irony, or sense of basic psychology, huh ???

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »
Agreed. I have more respect for a supplemet company selling a pro steroid thats works than someone selling a magic potion that supposedly 6543% better than Dbol.  ::)

Isn't the whole point of pro bbing to sell supplements which simply don't live up to their claims? 

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »
Isn't the whole point of pro bbing to sell supplements which simply don't live up to their claims? 

For the most part, but some companies actually care about selling something that works, although they are few.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »

Go take some more Triacana and then claim to be drug free  ::)

Pathetic.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 02:55:39 PM »

The best is when you see someone enter a contest, lets say a musclemania show. And they are clearly on the shit. This happened near me not too long ago and the guy won his class I think and not the overall. Imagine that, I would feel like the biggest loser entering a drug tested contest when I am clearly "on", only to not win  ;D

I'm sure there are lots of guys in those contests that use, but they aren't very big, which gives me the impression they aren't takin higher doses.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 02:58:39 PM »
For the most part, but some companies actually care about selling something that works, although they are few.

Very weird to hear it coming from a guy who is actually involved in pro bbing. 

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 02:59:49 PM »

Good post ,Disgusted

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 03:05:44 PM »
Very weird to hear it coming from a guy who is actually involved in pro bbing. 

Why?

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »
Epic stating the obvious.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 03:11:43 PM »
Why?

These aspects of deception are usually in the realm of "hush hush."  Especially from those who know it.  I guess you have no stake in it either way so props.  Unfortunately, this reality transcends far more then just sports supplements.  Some people still think salicylic acid actually works in acne treatment and continue to spend their money on it::)

crg

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 03:13:04 PM »
Michael Lockett is natural  ;)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
yes, great post!

i have noticed that most of the guys that come on here on getbig and lie about their drug use is the ones that compete in muscle mania.

www.musclemania.com

drug tested federation  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »
Dennis Wolf is pretty good for a natural

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
These aspects of deception are usually in the realm of "hush hush."  Especially from those who know it.  I guess you have no stake in it either way so props.  Unfortunately, this reality transcends far more then just sports supplements.  Some people still think salicylic acid actually works in acne treatment and continue to spend their money on it::)

I see what you mean, but like I said in my post there are a lot of pros who just don't comment. I can respect the fact that they don't try and deceive people. Now, if any pro would be asked on TV if he was a steroid user then by all means say no. No reason to admit to illegal drug use. Thanks for the props.  :)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2008, 03:29:28 PM »
People underestimate the diffrence drugs make, mainly because assholes like Arnold come out saying things like "I was only experimenting with steroids back in the day when they were legal, no bodybuilders use them now".

please provide a quote.  Arnold has been rather honest about his drug use while competing, usually saying "but they were legal back then".   Not so honest about his drug use during his movie career. 

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »

::) In particular.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2008, 03:59:48 PM »

A "Natural" bodybuilder: a bodybuilder that does not respond well to drugs.  ;)
just not good enough