Author Topic: What is the point in taking androgens?  (Read 1842 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
What is the point in taking androgens?
« on: July 27, 2008, 06:26:49 AM »
I appreciate that some steroids are more androgenic than others compared to their anabolic properties, e.g, test, halotestin, dianabol etc.

My question is - why take something that is more androgenic than anabolic - surely the steroids which are more anabolic than androgenic (anavar, equipoise, and maybe tren) are more effective for lean muscle mass gain? Why even bother with stuff like test as all you're going to get is bloating and more negative side effects which you don't get from other stuff?

Anyone?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: What is the point in taking androgens?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 07:47:36 AM »
because there are muscle building properties from androgenic effects.

and they are all "androgens"... (it is called an "androgen recetor" after all... :P   never heard of an anabolic receptor ! lol )

4thAD

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:32:04 AM »
So we can have extremely hairy backs!  ;D

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:34:22 PM »
strength i presume.

8)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
So we can have extremely hairy backs!  ;D

...and less hair on our heads!

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
...and less hair on our heads!

Fuck it, looks better shaved anyway! Hehe  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

Fuck it, looks better shaved anyway! Hehe  ;D

I hear you, lol! Funny thing about back hair...I never had a single one till I did my first cycle of test in my  early 20's. And I don't think I got the hair because of a genetic factor. My dad did not have a back hair till he was almost 50, his 3 brothers, hardly any...no male on my moms side has any or hardly any body hair.

Thank you steroids, lol!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »
I appreciate that some steroids are more androgenic than others compared to their anabolic properties, e.g, test, halotestin, dianabol etc.

My question is - why take something that is more androgenic than anabolic - surely the steroids which are more anabolic than androgenic (anavar, equipoise, and maybe tren) are more effective for lean muscle mass gain? Why even bother with stuff like test as all you're going to get is bloating and more negative side effects which you don't get from other stuff?

Anyone?

You answered your own question, bro.

If you're a powerlifter or strength athlete, you'd be more interested in heavily androgenic AAS like Halo/Methyltest/Tren.

If you're a bodybuilder or endurance athlete you might be more inclined toward Anavar, T-bol, Primo etc...

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 09:50:36 PM »
I hear you, lol! Funny thing about back hair...I never had a single one till I did my first cycle of test in my  early 20's. And I don't think I got the hair because of a genetic factor. My dad did not have a back hair till he was almost 50, his 3 brothers, hardly any...no male on my moms side has any or hardly any body hair.

Thank you steroids, lol!

Tell me about it.  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »

You answered your own question, bro.

If you're a powerlifter or strength athlete, you'd be more interested in heavily androgenic AAS like Halo/Methyltest/Tren.

If you're a bodybuilder or endurance athlete you might be more inclined toward Anavar, T-bol, Primo etc...

DIV

Good stuff - I'm more interested in the bodybuilding side of things rather than strength or powerlifting so I think I'll stick to the more anabolic stuff rather than go nuts with test or anything - I got too many dodgy side effects when I used that last - didn't get that much more size from it - I've had better results stacking tren and equipoise believe it or not.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 11:32:21 AM »
Good stuff - I'm more interested in the bodybuilding side of things rather than strength or powerlifting so I think I'll stick to the more anabolic stuff rather than go nuts with test or anything - I got too many dodgy side effects when I used that last - didn't get that much more size from it - I've had better results stacking tren and equipoise believe it or not.
if you want to go by the "numbers" test and tren have the same anabolic = androgenic ratio. both are 1=1. test is 100=100 and tren is 500=500. by the numbers the ratio is equal but tren has a much higher androgenic rating.

although i dont think the number mean much.

as a bodybuilder i think youd benefit greatly from strong and  aromatizeable steroids like test and dbol. thats where youll get your biggest gains.     

takign both is like combining the usa and communist russia during the cold war and creating one super mega power of a steroid stack !  :D

4thAD

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »
if you want to go by the "numbers" test and tren have the same anabolic = androgenic ratio. both are 1=1. test is 100=100 and tren is 500=500. by the numbers the ratio is equal but tren has a much higher androgenic rating.

although i dont think the number mean much.

as a bodybuilder i think youd benefit greatly from strong and  aromatizeable steroids like test and dbol. thats where youll get your biggest gains.     

takign both is like combining the usa and communist russia during the cold war and creating one super mega power of a steroid stack !  :D

This is solid thinking, but wait until you run deca, or tren(especially tren) the strength gains are through roof. Training intensity is also through the roof. I feel like I could lift a house when on tren. I know that androgens yeild me nice strength and size gains. Makes the vascularity come up good also, which is a plus when your nice and lean.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
theres no substitute for intense training.  tren makes you want to train with super intensity.  ...yup..   

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 12:32:10 PM »

The main problem with doing only high anabolic, low androgen cycles like Anavar only or Primobolin only, etc is that you can often lose your libido (sex drive). DHT conversion in testosterone is one of the components that helps with this matter, which is why people on large doses of propecia (DHT inhibitor) often lose their sex drive. If you wanted a cycle with absolute minimum sides, very low shutdown, and you trained hard enough and ate enough protein, you could run 200 mg to 400 mg Primobolin a week and take some Proviron with it 50 to 100 mg a day. The proviron is a synthetic form of DHT and would provide you with an androgenic component without any water retention or estrogen conversion. And sex drive would be fine plus neither of these compounds are very supressive, so with a decent PCT at the end, you could keep most of your muscle gain. No, you won't pack on 30 pounds like on test, but when you go off those cycles, how much do you really keep? Once the water drains, it's a different story. If you're competing, this obviously won't work, but if you're looking for a solid 10-12 pounds that you can keep, and repeat it , this would work. Tren works great, but is highly suppressive.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

Thank you steroids, lol!

laser hair removal friend.  it is expensive but i had it done on my back and its super smooth now w/ no growth.   beats the hell out of trying to shave it yourself.

4thAD

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 06:15:08 PM »
laser hair removal friend.  it is expensive but i had it done on my back and its super smooth now w/ no growth.   beats the hell out of trying to shave it yourself.

Yes, but thats always a good excuse to get your girl naked and in the shower ;D.

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 07:15:41 PM »

Yes, but thats always a good excuse to get your girl naked and in the shower ;D.

i wouldnt want her to see that, probably get disgusted.  :o

4thAD

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »
kind of superficial on her part. Now some random girl off the street I'm with you, but a chic that loves you would probably not care.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:40 PM »
The main problem with doing only high anabolic, low androgen cycles like Anavar only or Primobolin only, etc is that you can often lose your libido (sex drive). DHT conversion in testosterone is one of the components that helps with this matter, which is why people on large doses of propecia (DHT inhibitor) often lose their sex drive. If you wanted a cycle with absolute minimum sides, very low shutdown, and you trained hard enough and ate enough protein, you could run 200 mg to 400 mg Primobolin a week and take some Proviron with it 50 to 100 mg a day. The proviron is a synthetic form of DHT and would provide you with an androgenic component without any water retention or estrogen conversion. And sex drive would be fine plus neither of these compounds are very supressive, so with a decent PCT at the end, you could keep most of your muscle gain. No, you won't pack on 30 pounds like on test, but when you go off those cycles, how much do you really keep? Once the water drains, it's a different story. If you're competing, this obviously won't work, but if you're looking for a solid 10-12 pounds that you can keep, and repeat it , this would work. Tren works great, but is highly suppressive.

Tren is hard on the immune system in general.

I feel like my body is "under the influence" of something harsh when I'm on Tren.

The full effects it has on the body aren't fully known yet.

Some people say it's hard on the kidneys and while I haven't exhibited that side, I do know Tren is hard on the body.

I don't get the insomnia or night sweats that alot of guys complain about, but my system feels worked hard when I'm on it.

The only other AAS that has that kind of effect on me is Halotestin and that's one of the hardest androgens out there.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 11:39:42 AM »

Tren is hard on the immune system in general.

I feel like my body is "under the influence" of something harsh when I'm on Tren.

The full effects it has on the body aren't fully known yet.

Some people say it's hard on the kidneys and while I haven't exhibited that side, I do know Tren is hard on the body.

I don't get the insomnia or night sweats that alot of guys complain about, but my system feels worked hard when I'm on it.

The only other AAS that has that kind of effect on me is Halotestin and that's one of the hardest androgens out there.

DIV

That's how I felt whenever I took a cycle of test enanthate in the past - I felt greasy as hell and the acne was awful as well as the mood swings. The only good thing about being on it was that I even found ugly girls attractive!  ;D

Tren is great for me - I've just finished a cycle of 500mg of tren enanthate and 600mg of equipoise - had a ten week cycle and it was fine - no side effects at all. I never get side effects with tren for some reason - none of that coughing stuff that some guys seem to get the strength increases are amazing too.

Monster81

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »

i tried that too, but beside it being too expensive ,it is too painful as well, i quit after the second session