Author Topic: Barack Obama about to be on 'Meet the Press' - NBC, 10 am EST  (Read 5402 times)

Moosejay

Re: Barack Obama about to be on 'Meet the Press' - NBC, 10 am EST
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
The man has the blood of 3000 americans from 9/11 on his hands.

Agreed. Disgraceful and horrifying. But people forget

Their policies are different.  Barack Obama will walk into pakistan and put a missile in his ass.

I would. So Barak says...we'll see Mccain will not.  I think that is a very distinct difference.  Remember, we took over Afghanistan just to get bin laden and now we don't have fcking permission to walk into afghan/paki border and get him, despite the fact we're paying pakistan billions?

That's true and it makes no sense and it incenses me

it's soft appeasement and Bush has allowed it.  mccain will allow it too.  Obama, well, he doesn't give a shit about hurting their feelings.

I just don't buy that  I admit, I didnt expect a lib like him to be so militant on getting the bad guys after Bush has given him a pass.  But it's true.

Again, I hope. He can SAY anything he wants to get in. That does not fit the Lib credo, as you know...   The whole world knows where bin laden is - pakistan's govt admits it and we saw him there in 2005.  Bush and mccain just won't piss off pakistan to do it.  Obama will.

Bushies may be waiting till a couple of months from here to nail b laden. They may know his whereabouts. That'd give reps a boost

Ask most americans what they care more about - killing the biggest terrorist in the world, or "avoiding hurting pakistan's feelings" and see what they say ;)

either way, our taxes are gonna soar

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:16 AM »
either way, our taxes are gonna soar

This is unrelated to the topic at hand.

Facts are facts.  Mccain says he won't go into pakistan. Obama says he will.  You can analyze their true intentions all day, but if mccain says he won't, you KNOW he won't.  Obama is taking a wildly unpopular position in the world by saying he'll disrupt an instable paikistan because American Justice comes first, so I do believe he'll follow thru.

It's very very odd, in this day in age, that a Dem wants to kill bin laden, and the Repub candidate does not.

Moosejay

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 08:46:01 AM »
This is unrelated to the topic at hand.

Facts are facts.  Mccain says he won't go into pakistan. Obama says he will.  You can analyze their true intentions all day, but if mccain says he won't, you KNOW he won't

So you have never known for a politco to change his mind? ;)

Obama is taking a wildly unpopular position in the world by saying he'll disrupt an instable paikistan because American Justice comes first, so I do believe he'll follow thru.

It's very very odd, in this day in age, that a Dem wants to kill bin laden, and the Repub candidate does not.

phish

• Getbig II

Moosejay

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
y dont u like blacks.

I don't like political correctness, the scourge of our time.

If you don't uinderstand this, then you are part of the problem.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:11 AM »
The man has the blood of 3000 americans from 9/11 on his hands.

Their policies are different.  Barack Obama will walk into pakistan and put a missile in his ass.  Mccain will not.  I think that is a very distinct difference.  Remember, we took over Afghanistan just to get bin laden and now we don't have fcking permission to walk into afghan/paki border and get him, despite the fact we're paying pakistan billions?

it's soft appeasement and Bush has allowed it.  mccain will allow it too.  Obama, well, he doesn't give a shit about hurting their feelings.  I admit, I didnt expect a lib like him to be so militant on getting the bad guys after Bush has given him a pass.  But it's true.   The whole world knows where bin laden is - pakistan's govt admits it and we saw him there in 2005.  Bush and mccain just won't piss off pakistan to do it.  Obama will.

Ask most americans what they care more about - killing the biggest terrorist in the world, or "avoiding hurting pakistan's feelings" and see what they say ;)

Wrong. You walk into Pakistan and conduct military operations without the blessing of the Pakistani govt. and there will be a shit a storm, not doubt about it. After which, they will have to bow to internal pressure and close off our Military's and NATO's only supply line into Afghanistan. That's why McCain would think twice, as it is prudent. Obama said what he said because he needed to look tough on foreign policy, period. That's what he does, and he does it very well. His position in 2004-06 was no troop withdrawal time lines in Iraq b/c it was unpopular, he only changed his position when the politics demanded it.

Again, I'm not saying McCain is a better option, just that people need to know that Obama is the definition of an empty suit. All style and no substance.

And by the way, his trip was successful in that the media bows to him like their false idol. Weak softball questions and when actual substantive questions are asked, he is allowed to stammer through and give some week kneed response with no follow up. Also, he gave the media no real access, no press true press meetings and the questions were pre-selected. This was more about him trying to gain credibility knowing the media was actively campaigning for him, than actually learning something and gaining experience.

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
Wrong. You walk into Pakistan and conduct military operations without the blessing of the Pakistani govt. and there will be a shit a storm, not doubt about it. After which, they will have to bow to internal pressure and close off our Military's and NATO's only supply line into Afghanistan. That's why McCain would think twice, as it is prudent. Obama said what he said because he needed to look tough on foreign policy, period. That's what he does, and he does it very well. His position in 2004-06 was no troop withdrawal time lines in Iraq b/c it was unpopular, he only changed his position when the politics demanded it.

Again, I'm not saying McCain is a better option, just that people need to know that Obama is the definition of an empty suit. All style and no substance.

And by the way, his trip was successful in that the media bows to him like their false idol. Weak softball questions and when actual substantive questions are asked, he is allowed to stammer through and give some week kneed response with no follow up. Also, he gave the media no real access, no press true press meetings and the questions were pre-selected. This was more about him trying to gain credibility knowing the media was actively campaigning for him, than actually learning something and gaining experience.

Ultimately, the people will see thru this.

WE here do, so why not?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

I agree completely that obama is all sizzle, no steak.  IMO the media plays nice because he's so good for ratings.  They were just as friendly with GWB in 2001 after 911.  Everyone in the world warned us, he let it happen, and no media outlet called him on it because that would be 'unpatriotic'.

Obama said this morning he'd consider cutting off $ to pakistan, or at least putting restrictions on it, if they don't get bin laden or give us access to the area to do it ourselves.

It's more than mccain is willing to do.  Yes, it'll piss off warlords.  But to say we need the "blessings" or a puppet drone like Musharraf, who we're giving $2B a year to do nothing, is silliness.  You're either with us, or against us, remember?  Those who harbor terrorists are as bad as the terrorists themselves?  Remember those quotes from Dubya?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
No, I'd add something regarding 'Marphan's Disease'
Marfan's Syndrome?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 09:29:58 AM »
Ultimately, the people will see thru this.

WE here do, so why not?

Because a purple dinosaur in a nazi sash could get elected right now.  People are SO sick of "i'm in this war even if 99% of america is against it" Bush.  They're SO sick of Cheney saying it doesn't matter what the americna people want.

You can't rub someone's nose in shit for 7 years, then be surprised when they prefer a vinegar drink to the shit sandwich.

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 09:30:19 AM »
I agree completely that obama is all sizzle, no steak.  IMO the media plays nice because he's so good for ratings.  They were just as friendly with GWB in 2001 after 911.  Everyone in the world warned us, he let it happen, and no media outlet called him on it because that would be 'unpatriotic'.

Obama said this morning he'd consider cutting off $ to pakistan, or at least putting restrictions on it, if they don't get bin laden or give us access to the area to do it ourselves.

It's more than mccain is willing to do.  Yes, it'll piss off warlords.  But to say we need the "blessings" or a puppet drone like Musharraf, who we're giving $2B a year to do nothing, is silliness.  You're either with us, or against us, remember?  Those who harbor terrorists are as bad as the terrorists themselves?  Remember those quotes from Dubya?

Rob, striaght up, why DO you think we give 'em this money for NOTHING?

You KNOW we must have something up our sleeve?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 09:37:48 AM »
Rob, striaght up, why DO you think we give 'em this money for NOTHING?

You KNOW we must have something up our sleeve?

No.  I do know that 4 days before 911, pakistan's top general wired 100k to Atta, the ringleader from the 911 attacks.  He was forced to resign because of it, but never questioned.

I do know that Pakistan, it appears, either helped fund 911, or didn't investigate their general who did.

And we're paying them billions of dollars per year to, what again? 

Dude, no offense, but it sounds like YOU are soft on terror.  We know where he is, we know he killed 3000 americans and was behind the USS Cole attack.  And you are okay with him being free because we might "have something up our sleeve?"

You're forgiving.  Most americans want bin laden dead.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »

Good point. BUT, Pakistan is well on its way to becoming the largest failed state in existence. The govt and military are heavily infiltrated by Taliban and Al-Queda and most of the population view Bin Laden as a hero and harbor very deep sympathy for the Taliban and by extension Al-Queda. Also, they have nuclear weapons.

Just take a look at events in that region over the past month or two. Pakistan goes on "offensives" against the Taliban in the tribal regions, only to sign a "peace agreement" soon after. Which pretty much means they capitulate to the Taliban. That's a fact. Hell. the Pakistani govt. has just completely ceded Hangu Province to the Taliban....A WHOLE PROVINCE.

Face it, until we get a new supply lines or lines, we are stuck in a bad situation. On a holding pattern in Afghanistan until we begin the next round of large troop withdrawals from Iraq.  Even then, if we can't or won't go after the safe havens in the border regions, the war in Afghanistan will continue on it's present course. Also, NATO not only won't send more soldiers to Afghanistan, they simply don't have the transportation assets to get them there, nor the supply chain etc. NATO is a husk of a force and is really impotent at this point.

Moosejay

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »
No.  I do know that 4 days before 911, pakistan's top general wired 100k to Atta, the ringleader from the 911 attacks.  He was forced to resign because of it, but never questioned.

I do know that Pakistan, it appears, either helped fund 911, or didn't investigate their general who did.

And we're paying them billions of dollars per year to, what again? 

Dude, no offense, but it sounds like YOU are soft on terror.  We know where he is, we know he killed 3000 americans and was behind the USS Cole attack.  And you are okay with him being free because we might "have something up our sleeve?"

You're forgiving.  Most americans want bin laden dead.

Ahghh...you are baiting me , my friend.

I would carpet bomb these fucking countries, given the chance.

Its just a matter of time, either way, that we do.

One more attack by them on us, and a country will be converted to glass

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »
FIXED

Sorry, I meant to post this on political.

Obama's trip:
sat - kuwait - met with al queda
sun - afghanistn - met with osama bin laden
mon - baghdad - met with maliki, and visited wounded insurgents
tues - met with president of Iran
wed - Too lazy to do anything, ate chicken all day
thurs - berlin, big speech and met with palestinian leader
fri - france, french leader
sat london, satellite al queda office meeting

FIXED

TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »
Ahghh...you are baiting me , my friend.

I would carpet bomb these fucking countries, given the chance.

Its just a matter of time, either way, that we do.

One more attack by them on us, and a country will be converted to glass

lol I do like to push buttons ;)

Our unofficial US policy is that if a nuke ever goes off on our soil, we instantly nuke the capitals of every arab nation in the middle east.  Since so many of them knew about 911 in advance, they'd probably smell something in the works and stop it, to save their own asses.

Moosejay

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »
lol I do like to push buttons ;)

Our unofficial US policy is that if a nuke ever goes off on our soil, we instantly nuke the capitals of every arab nation in the middle east.  Since so many of them knew about 911 in advance, they'd probably smell something in the works and stop it, to save their own asses.

Is that a fact?

If a nuke goes off here no matter what? Every one of their capitals? I like that