Author Topic: here you go candidizzle; high protein and health effects  (Read 2536 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: here you go candidizzle; high protein and health effects
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »
does he have kidney problems
Z

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
they all say the same thing stupid...they all say what i said... that its not a problem unless you have pre existing kidney issues !!!

goddamnit what the fuck is wrong with some people

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
but some might have but dont know it

so they can be at risk i guess
Z

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »
http://1stholistic.com/Nutrition/hol_nutr_does-excess-protein-turn-to-fat.htm
hahah

bast

this isnt about if amino acids can theoretically contribute to adipose

yes, there are pathways where, theoretically, ingested amino acids ---> lipogensis... 

this thread is about excess protein and kidneys

by the way, what is "excess"
care to define that?

at what point is protei oxidation no longer beneficial? what is the REAL digestion rate of meat proteins? how much protei can the body sustain in the amino acid pool at once? how does amino acid breakdown affect amino acid synthesis?   

huh??

not everyting is cut and dry

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »
hahah

bast

this isnt about if amino acids can theoretically contribute to adipose

yes, there are pathways where, theoretically, ingested amino acids ---> lipogensis... 

this thread is about excess protein and kidneys

by the way, what is "excess"
care to define that?

at what point is protei oxidation no longer beneficial? what is the REAL digestion rate of meat proteins? how much protei can the body sustain in the amino acid pool at once? how does amino acid breakdown affect amino acid synthesis?   

huh??

not everyting is cut and dry

For me it's safe to say that if the majority of your calories are coming from protein then that is excess.  This thread can be about whatever I want to it be.   8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
regardless of high carb or no carb or a mix of the two.....if your dieting protein should always make up the majority of your "calories'...its not excess in that case...

...and for a guy so worried abotu food making you fat.. you should favor higher % of your daily "calories" being protein....   that will keep you much leaner than any other kind of diet..

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
regardless of high carb or no carb or a mix of the two.....if your dieting protein should always make up the majority of your "calories'...its not excess in that case...

...and for a guy so worried abotu food making you fat.. you should favor higher % of your daily "calories" being protein....   that will keep you much leaner than any other kind of diet..

say you're eating 2000 calories to diet, then that is up to 250g protein to be at 50%.  That is high.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 03:29:23 PM »
250 g protein while dieting is high ?  :-\

i can lose body fat on 350 grams protein 50 grams fat and 200 grams carbs...

maybe you dont know something that is simple and basic....    thats the only reason why i could htink a guy like you would have to eat so little..   

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 03:29:47 PM »
just not good enough

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
250 g protein while dieting is high ?  :-\

i can lose body fat on 350 grams protein 50 grams fat and 200 grams carbs...

that is 2650 calories.  50% (which is what i think you should get at most) would be about 325g protein.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
fark alot of days i get close to zero protein and im still building muscle and getting stronger.. it kind of shits all over theories i think.. there is way too much data out there, although i won't NOT have protein for that reason because i personally believe that 40-50g's minimum a day is plenty.. i want energy for my workouts not to mention my friggin' day so most of my calories are coming from complex carbs.. yet im also getting leaner.. PARADOX? i think not.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »
I agree with Candi on this one  8)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 03:40:39 AM »
Bit stupid discussion no?

Why dont you guys eat tons of protein and do easy blood analysis every month or something?
If the number get high or something, you stop it. Thats it.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 06:19:52 AM »
Candidizzle, serious questions for you here:

1- WHY are you trying to defend SO HARD your view that excess protein is "acceptable and not harmful" and not allowing the opposing view a chance?

2-The logic that "it wont hurt unless you have pre-existing kidney problems" is like saying "you wont be diabetic unless you consumed 10 soft drinks a day since childhood". I do not mean "10" in a sarcastic sense, either. If you are consuming 300+g's of protein a day, then 10 soft drinks would be would an adequate and equal example. You just seem to be going by the newbie logic that is printed in flex mag's and look glamorous and so believable in a magazine.... "If 50g's a day is good, 400g must be better".

I am sure you do not have an extensive history in chemistry or nutritional sciences. Therefore, you are relying on google to type in key phrases to locate a source, such as: "Is high protein intake bad for you" "Does protein effect kidneys" yadda yadda on and on. This is then accompanied by finding information that best suits your argument, and disregarding the other sides logic as "bleh... thats not true, they are dumb". ..

In my opinion, there should be a study performed for a year. Both groups have their own diets setup, one is just altered at 50g's protein a day, the other 300g's. Same workout regimen as these would be healthy people obviously... and then at end of year see who has more muscle mass.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:42:42 AM »
Do not forget that the kidneys seems to grow somewhat when faced with a higher protein intake to efficiently take care of the extra load.

dustin

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 12:52:40 PM »
When a normal, sedentary fat ass consumes more protein than they're used to their shitty body doesn't know what to do. When a healthy person consumes a higher amount of protein, their body puts it to good use.

If you're not in the business of eating a decent amount of protein (not talking about outrageous amounts like 500g plus, but at least 200-300g e/d), then you shouldn't be in the business of bodybuilding. Everyone cries that too much protein stresses out the kidneys, but again, the people in these studies don't drink enough water or get enough physical activity. Drinking a glass of water, then a liter of cola, fruit juice and coffee doesn't do you any good. Not enough people eat right, and not enough people drink an appropriate amount of WATER. That's why all of these studies are flawed. They do not base their findings by studying athletes, especially ones that enhance themselves with drugs and follow strict regimen.

After all, bodybuilding is not particularly "natural". Carrying sheaths of muscle while suppressing the amount of adipose on oneself is very tough. Your body will do fine with just a bit of muscle and a comfortable amount of fat. Remember that unless you're a sedentary fat ass with predisposed cardiovascular issues, 99% of these studies will do you no good. Get some blood work if you're truly concerned. I have a ton of it and I'm in excellent health, so I can happy say "fuck these bullshit studies" and be confident in doing so.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
Too much protein = smelly shit and more farting

dustin

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Too much protein = smelly shit and more farting

I don't get bad farts. And my shit isn't too stinky, but then again people prefer their own brand so I'm bias. Maybe I AM just full of shit... I dunno.... :D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 02:33:56 PM »
Candidizzle, serious questions for you here:

i dont bother to answer, because NO, they werent serious questions.

protein builds muscle. not carbs. not fats. PROTEIN. you want muscle? eat protein. there is no disputing that. all you fans of "KISS". there you go. protein=muscle.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »
They're just concerned for your well being, Candidizzle. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 02:35:48 PM »
They're just concerned for your well being, Candidizzle. 
yes, thats it.  :D

they are concerned that they might have to actually EAT in order to grow. most of these guy hate eating, its very obvious.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
I thought protein wasn't necessary for growth but repair? I read that somewhere...
$

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »
I thought protein wasn't necessary for growth but repair? I read that somewhere...
:o who ever wrote that = mentally retarded