Author Topic: Know your Whey  (Read 5113 times)

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Know your Whey
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
I got a few PM'S latley asking me about my thoughts on Whey Protein, and the diffrences between Whey Protein Isolate, and Whey protein Concentrate.
Whey Protein Isolate is any Whey Protein that is 89-90% and above pure.Whey protein Concentrates are any protein thats 88% pure Whey protein and below .I personally wont drink any protein that is below 80% pure, because I dont want bloating gas, and stomach distress.The way to tell what percentage the protein your drinking is simple, just take the amount of protein per serving in grams , (which is usually posted on the label) then divide that by the serving size in grams .For instance a good Whey protein Isolate a 1 scoop serving may be 30 grams, and the amount of protein it should have is no less then 27 grams of protein.
If you do the math and it comes out to less then 90% 2 things are happening 1) the protein is not a true Whey Protein Isolate 2) The company is using alot of fillers or thickeing agents such as Guam gum and xanthan gum to cut there costs down.
The equation I gave you doeant apply to Meal Replacements because they obviously usually contain carbs, aswell as Vitamin and minerals.
I personaly only use Whey protein Isolate after training, because it has the fastest absorption of any other protein.During the day I use "blend" of protein powders for a slower release to maximize absorption
here is a list of protein and there absorption from the fastest to slowest
Whey Peptides
Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolates
Cross Flow Whey Protein Isolates
80% Whey protein Concentrates
Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolates
Milk Protein Concentrates
Calcium Caseinate
Miscellar Casein
Agglomerated Caseins

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
Re: Know your Whey
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »
like whey is gonna build you muscle's ::)
TEAM WOLF

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »
I got a few PM'S latley asking me about my thoughts on Whey Protein, and the diffrences between Whey Protein Isolate, and Whey protein Concentrate.
Whey Protein Isolate is any Whey Protein that is 89-90% and above pure.Whey protein Concentrates are any protein thats 88% pure Whey protein and below .I personally wont drink any protein that is below 80% pure, because I dont want bloating gas, and stomach distress.The way to tell what percentage the protein your drinking is simple, just take the amount of protein per serving in grams , (which is usually posted on the label) then divide that by the serving size in grams .For instance a good Whey protein Isolate a 1 scoop serving may be 30 grams, and the amount of protein it should have is no less then 27 grams of protein.
If you do the math and it comes out to less then 90% 2 things are happening 1) the protein is not a true Whey Protein Isolate 2) The company is using alot of fillers or thickeing agents such as Guam gum and xanthan gum to cut there costs down.
The equation I gave you doeant apply to Meal Replacements because they obviously usually contain carbs, aswell as Vitamin and minerals.
I personaly only use Whey protein Isolate after training, because it has the fastest absorption of any other protein.During the day I use "blend" of protein powders for a slower release to maximize absorption
here is a list of protein and there absorption from the fastest to slowest
Whey Peptides
Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolates
Cross Flow Whey Protein Isolates
80% Whey protein Concentrates
Egg Albumen
Milk Protein Isolates
Milk Protein Concentrates
Calcium Caseinate
Miscellar Casein
Agglomerated Caseins

Three way blend is best....
I hate the State.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:42:40 PM »
good thread man, can you tell us which brand 'uses excessive thickeners and fillers' ???
LOCAL GYM HERO

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
nature's best zero-carb isopure = 80%
 :-\

ON's procomplex = 77%

damn my protein sucks
LOCAL GYM HERO

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »
I thought Ispure was the best??!!!

Its only 80%?!!

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 06:55:25 PM »
MT's nitrotech hardcore = 70%
LOCAL GYM HERO

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 06:56:30 PM »
What about TrueProtein's whey isolate?

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 06:57:05 PM »
ultimate nutrition;s isopreme and isocool : 85%, 88%   :o :o

VPX zerocarb : 80%
LOCAL GYM HERO

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »
What about TrueProtein's whey isolate?

90% (cross-filtered product)
LOCAL GYM HERO

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
I guess from now on instead of Zero Carb Isopure Im going to be buying TrueProtein's Isolate   

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 07:07:40 PM »
Nitro-Tech is about 70% protein, so its a pretty inexpensive product to make.As far as Iso-Pure goes that product has alot of ingredients in it .They start out with Whey Protein Isolate, but they put a ton of shit in there.The only thing that product needs is Whey Protein Isolate, natural Flavoring, and Sucralose.Trust me it does take much flavoring or sweetener to make an Whey Protein Isolate taste good.
Isopure Ingredients
Ion Exchange Whey (Milk) Protein Isolate, Vitamin/Mineral/Amino Acid Blend (Taurine, Potassium(as Potassium Chloride), Chloride(as Potassium And Sodium Chloride), Calcium(as Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate), Phosphorus(as Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate), L-Glutamine, Magnesium(as Magnesium Oxide), Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E(as DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Niacin, Zinc(as Zinc Sulfate Dihydrate), Vitamin A(as Palmitate), Pantothenic Acid(as D-Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Copper(as Amino Acid Chelate), Manganese(as Manganese Sulfate Dihydrate), Riboflavin, Thiamin(as Thiamin Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Biotin, Iodide(as Potassium Iodide), Chromium(as Amino Acid Chelate), Vitamin K, Molybdenum(as Amino Acid Chelate), Selenium(as Amino Acid Chelate), Vitamin B12), Soy Lecithin, Cocoa, Xanthan Gum, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose

90% of the sh$%$ in this product doesnt need to be in here trust me

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
So, GetItOnNY, you dont recommend Isopure?

Can you tell me brands that you recommend so I can make a note out of it?

What about ProPeptide? Ive been using that...

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 07:12:30 PM »
So, GetItOnNY, you dont recommend Isopure?

Can you tell me brands that you recommend so I can make a note out of it?

What about ProPeptide? Ive been using that...

propeptide : 69%
but it's not a WPI ...
LOCAL GYM HERO

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
Nitro-Tech is about 70% protein, so its a pretty inexpensive product to make.As far as Iso-Pure goes that product has alot of ingredients in it .They start out with Whey Protein Isolate, but they put a ton of shit in there.The only thing that product needs is Whey Protein Isolate, natural Flavoring, and Sucralose.Trust me it does take much flavoring or sweetener to make an Whey Protein Isolate taste good.
Isopure Ingredients
Ion Exchange Whey (Milk) Protein Isolate, Vitamin/Mineral/Amino Acid Blend (Taurine, Potassium(as Potassium Chloride), Chloride(as Potassium And Sodium Chloride), Calcium(as Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate), Phosphorus(as Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate), L-Glutamine, Magnesium(as Magnesium Oxide), Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E(as DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate), Niacin, Zinc(as Zinc Sulfate Dihydrate), Vitamin A(as Palmitate), Pantothenic Acid(as D-Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6(as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Copper(as Amino Acid Chelate), Manganese(as Manganese Sulfate Dihydrate), Riboflavin, Thiamin(as Thiamin Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Biotin, Iodide(as Potassium Iodide), Chromium(as Amino Acid Chelate), Vitamin K, Molybdenum(as Amino Acid Chelate), Selenium(as Amino Acid Chelate), Vitamin B12), Soy Lecithin, Cocoa, Xanthan Gum, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose

90% of the sh$%$ in this product doesnt need to be in here trust me

and i thought isopure was the best  >:(
LOCAL GYM HERO

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 07:18:23 PM »
Brands I would stay clear of is EAS, especially Myoplex, that product has alot of crap in it, and alot of thickening agents.
Also please stay clear of Body Fotress at Wal-Marts, I know some of you guys think your getting a bargain, but trust me, this product is garbage.If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is, and that is the case with Body Fortess.
There are still some really good brands out there such as AST,True Protein, Bio-Plex,the Original Metrx, white box( it has some fillers in it, but the product is still a pretty good MRP) Natures Best,Extreme Labs,Professional Supplements,
There are alot more but I cant think of them off of the top of my head, because there is so many brands out there

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 07:23:41 PM »
I like Labrada whey products.
I am a big baby

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 07:24:02 PM »
Isopure is a good product, it just contains alot of things in the ingredients that I feel shouldnt be in there.
If you want a good Whey Protein Isolate, Try Bio-Plex Whey Protein Isolate, ,AST VP2, True Protein Whey Protein Isolate, Extreme Labs Nitro 92.These Whey Protein Isolates, contains less ingredients, so you get more protein for your money.
Your buying protein for the protein content right???????
The less ingredients a product has, the better product it will usually be

Moosejay

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
I like Labrada whey products.

It is to my and other's understanding that they don't like you...... ???

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
GetItOnNY ..whats your viewsd on CNP Professional formerly Dorian Yates Approved?

I take their Pro-peptide and I love the stuff

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 07:27:41 PM »
Pro-Peptide is a pretty good product.It has a good structure to it.That product would work best as a night time formula

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »
GETITONNY, Why are you an expert in this matter?

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 07:27:55 PM »
It is to my and other's understanding that they don't like you...... ???
Shouldn't you be grooming your nephew. ::)
I am a big baby

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
4 whey is the best right now cross fitlered, micronized, along with hammer pressed protein.

Moosejay

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
Shouldn't you be grooming your nephew. ::)

Meltdown