Author Topic: Rumored bouts for Affliction 2  (Read 1743 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Rumored bouts for Affliction 2
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:03:27 AM »
Fedor vs Arvloski
Ortiz vs Babalu
Beflort vs Lindland
Sylvia vs Barnett
Alek vs Buenetelo
Nog vs TBA

Apparantley Tito just signed with them and they aren't commenting on that at this time, but they will have a press conference on Aug. 6th to clear the air.  Aleks also has an interview out where he denies the whole hep b thing, and says he's perfectly fine.
Predictions
 40/61

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: Rumored bouts for Affliction 2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »
bad news for sylvia..2 loses in a row
irongearco.com

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:29:39 AM »
Fedor vs Arvloski
Ortiz vs Babalu
Beflort vs Lindland
Sylvia vs Barnett
Alek vs Buenetelo
Nog vs TBA

Apparantley Tito just signed with them and they aren't commenting on that at this time, but they will have a press conference on Aug. 6th to clear the air.  Aleks also has an interview out where he denies the whole hep b thing, and says he's perfectly fine.

Belfort vs Lindland is Linland moving up in weight or is Vitor moving down?  Over all looks like it has the making of another great card. I actually think this card has the making of the fights being more competitive.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »
Looks like Renato got his wish after all. I read last week that he was tossing around the idea that he and Ortiz fight. Hell yeah, that will be a good fight.

Looks like Sylvia is gonna lose his second Affliction fight.

I'm definitely purchasing this card. UFC can't f*ck with this setup. Dana is gonna melt.

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:51:16 AM »
Fedor vs Arvloski
Ortiz vs Babalu
Beflort vs Lindland
Sylvia vs Barnett
Alek vs Buenetelo
Nog vs TBA

Isn't Nog under contract with the UFC?  Am I missing something here?  He is coaching the upcoming TUF season I thought. 

Anyway, I think Affliction needs to put some fights on FREE TV.  I don't really see this card being all that good that I would spend forty bucks on it.  Its really all about Fedor.  He's their main attraction, and a damn good one, but the rest of it doesn't blow my skirt up to be honest with you.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »
This is what i'm talking about!  Bring on the big guns!!!  Old fans, new fans any fans want to see heavyweights throw down!  This is better than any recent UFC card!

Dball

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
Isn't Nog under contract with the UFC?  Am I missing something here?  He is coaching the upcoming TUF season I thought. 

Anyway, I think Affliction needs to put some fights on FREE TV.  I don't really see this card being all that good that I would spend forty bucks on it.  Its really all about Fedor.  He's their main attraction, and a damn good one, but the rest of it doesn't blow my skirt up to be honest with you.

Haha,  not the same Nog...

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »

There are two Nog's. They are brothers one fights HW the other LHW

Dball

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »
Tim is hating life right about now.  He would have rather fought Andre again anyday.

That being said, hating life a million dollars richer than you were a week ago is probably not all that terrible.

How much do you think he will get to fight Josh?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »
Tim is hating life right about now.  He would have rather fought Andre again anyday.

That being said, hating life a million dollars richer than you were a week ago is probably not all that terrible.

How much do you think he will get to fight Josh?

Do you mean how much will he get to loose to Josh?  ;D

Dball

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
Of course.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »
Belfort vs Lindland is Linland moving up in weight or is Vitor moving down?  Over all looks like it has the making of another great card. I actually think this card has the making of the fights being more competitive.

Vitor is a 185lber now, he just KO'd Terry Martin at that weight, Affliction Banned was his 185lb debut.  This is definately a great card, I'm assuming they are gonna start throwing in a few lighter weight fights together now.
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 05:09:07 PM »

They did air two free fights on Fox sports net the night of the telecast (Belfort/Martin,Buentello/Goodridge) and have since replayed them a few times.  Although they were originally supposed to air Vernon White/Lil Nog and Aleks/Buentello, but those didn't pan out after all with Tiger on roids and Aleks not being on time (or infected with hep).
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
Aren't most of those guys former UFC guys ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
Aren't most of those guys former UFC guys ???

yeah but we're calling for a revolution against the UFC, and the revolution is starting kind of slow so we're using UFC rejects until the movement picks up some speed and gets rolling

Dball

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »
yeah but we're calling for a revolution against the UFC, and the revolution is starting kind of slow so we're using UFC rejects until the movement picks up some speed and gets rolling

Thats totally fucked.  Barnett and Fedor could take any HW in the UFC right now and Nog would be a contender in the LHW division for sure.

You sure you wanna ride this train?