Author Topic: Why do women think running is so F'in great?  (Read 4167 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Why do women think running is so F'in great?
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:16:08 PM »
I bought my gf a membership to the gym and she never goes.  She insists on running.  I hate runner bodies.  She could have a great physique and responds very well to weight training.  I try to tell her that she'll never have a "skinny" body.  She has more of a fitness chick body.   

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: Why do women think running is so F'in great?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »
At least she likes to work out!  Running is a great form of exercise IMO, but it's true... alot of running will take the size off your legs and prevent you from putting on much muscle. 

Have you ever seen a bulky long-distance runner?  Or one with big quads?  Sprinting, on the other hand is great leg work....

Maybe you could encourage her to do sprints and track workouts, at least, if you are really concerned about it... but damn, if she doesn't want to hit the gym, at least you got a girl who likes to keep herself in shape!   Be happy for that!   :)

:)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »
I hear running is addicting.  Certainly not from my own experience even when I got paid to run it was a struggle
X

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:06:17 AM »
I have had it with giving fitness tips to chicks, my chicks find it easier to swallow a hot load then to lift a few lightweight.."I dont want muscles" idiots.

w8m8

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »
Running is addictive ( for me ) , the endorphins are wonderful ... it also gets rid of a lot of stress .. I like the alone time also ,and  being outside is tons better than being inside on a treadmill ..

I think that covers why I think it's effin great  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 06:28:17 PM »
Running is addictive ( for me ) , the endorphins are wonderful ... it also gets rid of a lot of stress .. I like the alone time also ,and  being outside is tons better than being inside on a treadmill ..

I think that covers why I think it's effin great  ;)

Yes, I agree with all of that.  I used to LOVE to run alot.  When I did figure, I ran outside in the mornings about 4-5 miles and loved it.  Now, I dont want to lose any leg mass, but I still love it.  I am going to go outside as soon as the sun comes back out for some hills, sprints, etc. 

:)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
yeah, I want to get into running

first learn walk, then learn fly, nature's rule not mine danielsan
X