Author Topic: so i'm doing a clean diet  (Read 2793 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
so i'm doing a clean diet
« on: July 29, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
and i'm doing a good amount of cardio.  I am gonna be way more ripped for the Mr. Getbig then I was the 1st. I already surpassed it.

90% of my carbs are high fiber (at least 1/5 carbs are fiber including fiber one cereal which is 14g carbs per 25) , 200-220g protein (fat free cottage cheese, low carb fat free milk, salmon, tuna, chicken, and or beef), fish oil and olive oil, veggies, berries.

just got a few more supplements:  dandelion root and fennel, green tea extract, multi-vitamin. 

also i shit 4-5 times a day even when I eat as little as 1400 calories.  tell me that's not impressive!

boom boom boom

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: so i'm doing a clean diet
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
I predict that no one will be in better condition than me; but I won't win because of my calves and leg size).

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »
Unless you can perfect the Dov pose, then it's a longshot.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 09:03:55 PM »
and i'm doing a good amount of cardio.  I am gonna be way more ripped for the Mr. Getbig then I was the 1st. I already surpassed it.

90% of my carbs are high fiber (at least 1/5 carbs are fiber including fiber one cereal which is 14g carbs per 25) , 200-220g protein (fat free cottage cheese, low carb fat free milk, salmon, tuna, chicken, and or beef), fish oil and olive oil, veggies, berries.

just got a few more supplements:  dandelion root and fennel, green tea extract, multi-vitamin. 

also i shit 4-5 times a day even when I eat as little as 1400 calories.  tell me that's not impressive!

boom boom boom

which account did you post on then?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
I predict that no one will be in better condition than me; but I won't win because of my calves and leg size).

maybe we need a 'most ripped' prize for an extra $250...... get some of the ripped smaller guys some $

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:02 PM »
Bast is a genetic beast! IMO no one beats his physique IF he takes proper pictures and poses right. His legs aren't that bad excpet for calves.
follow the arrows

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »
maybe we need a 'most ripped' prize for an extra $250...... get some of the ripped smaller guys some $

Who is saying that Bast is going to be smaller Rob?

He carried about as much mass as anyone the last time around.  If he comes in at the same size with better condition he could be considered a favorite IMO.  He would at least surpass the package that Honour brought last year.
Air Falcon

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »
Who is saying that Bast is going to be smaller Rob?

He carried about as much mass as anyone the last time around.  If he comes in at the same size with better condition he could be considered a favorite IMO.  He would at least surpass the package that Honour brought last year.

anything is possible.

he discounted his chances by introducing an issue of symmetry.

I think the option of 'most ripped' would be another dimension of competition which might bring in more competitors, make it more interesting for fans, and give unbalanced guys more of a chance. 

Call it the "munzer round"? :)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:13:31 PM »

anything is possible.

he discounted his chances by introducing an issue of symmetry.

I think the option of 'most ripped' would be another dimension of competition which might bring in more competitors, make it more interesting for fans, and give unbalanced guys more of a chance. 

Call it the "munzer round"? :)
why, is goodrum competing?
follow the arrows

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 09:13:38 PM »
whateva is unbeatable unless he's not ripped;  guy has had a big head start (more training years), and he's obviously put a lot of effort into his build being that he's a pro competitor.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 09:14:56 PM »
whateva is unbeatable unless he's not ripped;  guy has had a big head start (more training years), and he's obviously put a lot of effort into his build being that he's a pro competitor.
true, i forgot about whateva. But he's a pro.
follow the arrows

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »
whateva has exceptional upper and lower body genetics.  that's rare i'd say.   Often guys with big legs have not so great or weak arms and or chest... or vice versa... etc.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 09:20:27 PM »
whateva has exceptional upper and lower body genetics.  that's rare i'd say.   Often guys with big legs have not so great or weak arms and or chest... or vice versa... etc.
Eh, it's a matter of mathematical probability I guess... IMO too many people think they're fit for bb'ing when only a few (liek whateva) are fit for it (proportions, symmetry, etc). Honestly your quads looked fine to me, dunno what you're complainin about there. You said you had some knee problems before that prevented you from squatting... whats the situation w/ that?
follow the arrows

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
bast u know anybody else entering the contest?

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
bast u know anybody else entering the contest?
hopefully not candi  :o
follow the arrows

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 09:23:25 PM »
Eh, it's a matter of mathematical probability I guess... IMO too many people think they're fit for bb'ing when only a few (liek whateva) are fit for it (proportions, symmetry, etc). Honestly your quads looked fine to me, dunno what you're complainin about there. You said you had some knee problems before that prevented you from squatting... whats the situation w/ that?

well i tore ligaments squatting.  I'm not gonna risk doing that again.  It was the most miserable time of my life, recovering from that surgery. (6 weeks on crutches, maybe a year and a half to get back the size and strenght).

I had elbow surgery last october but i healed exceptionally quickly, and i rehabbed it myself.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »
well i tore ligaments squatting.  I'm not gonna risk doing that again.  It was the most miserable time of my life, recovering from that surgery. (6 weeks on crutches, maybe a year and a half to get back the size and strenght).

I had elbow surgery last october but i healed exceptionally quickly, and i rehabbed it myself.
That really sucks man! how the hell did you do that while squatting? did you take a fall? what do you do for quads now?
follow the arrows

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
hopefully not candi  :o

i really doubt he would, he wont post pics here on getbig ( but he has good reasons )

Im thinking about entering myself, but it matters what the cash prize is :)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 09:27:02 PM »
That really sucks man! how the hell did you do that while squatting? did you take a fall? what do you do for quads now?

I only do leg press. like 10 sets. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:15 PM »
why no lunges? There's ways to rehab the knee too, u know (unless indicated otherwsie by the doc).
follow the arrows

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »
why no lunges? There's ways to rehab the knee too, u know (unless indicated otherwsie by the doc).

it's easy to fall out of balance doing lunges and create injury.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 09:34:04 PM »
i think hack squats are great, i may do those again. They are controlled and there is tension throughout the motion.  Barbell squats are no better.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »
it's easy to fall out of balance doing lunges and create injury.
Exercise purely for muscle and not function? Many advantages to doing lunges, and I've never heard of anyone injuring themselves seriously with this exercise.
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 09:37:03 PM »
Why not try exercises that serve a better purpose? I don't understand. Hack Squats are not necessarily better than regular Squats, and leg presses can also be injurious to the knees and lower back.
follow the arrows

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »
Exercise purely for muscle and not function? Many advantages to doing lunges, and I've never heard of anyone injuring themselves seriously with this exercise.

tendinitis, pinched nerves, bursitis, and even tears to ligaments are injuries that develop over time.  caused by improper form..   these injuries aren't caused all of a sudden doing one set of an exercise.  torn ligaments can happen all of a sudden as well).