Author Topic: Square pecs?  (Read 19867 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Square pecs?
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 08:55:35 AM »
He competed in a time when there were no steroids and the emphasis was on health. The guy had a great physique and looked good. You have said before that you wouldn't be a fan of Levrone if the guy was ugly..Reeves had a great physique for the time and had looks that led to him, for a time, being a genuine movie star. Contrast that with Levrone's recent appearance as 'Hollywood Levrone'

yes he was good for his time, 50 years ago?

i don't think he looks any better than guys on the cover of muscle and fitness

without the face, nobody cares about his body

and Mr. Levrone has had more success than 99.9% of hollywood wannabes 8)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »
Its always been the judging criteria , old news nothing changed and I do accept it

I could explain Steve Reeves to you but like the judging criteria you wouldn't get it , you see what you like and think what you like should win thats not how it works

no the judging criteria used to care about flat midsections

why not explain your fascination with steve reeves?

your enormous post count and sometimes novel like posts tell me you don't mind wasting time on getbig ;)

E
E

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
this thread is gayer than this pic:

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
it's gayer than you having that picture saved. :-X

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »
it's gayer than you having that picture saved. :-X

Gayer than not knowing the difference between a pic being saved and uploaded from a harddrive and a pic directly linked from google you tart.

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2008, 09:19:31 AM »
right, BelowMe, I dont think anyone one Getbig would want Arnolds chest developement.  The potatoe chips would fall off...christ already.  the bodybuilders of today dont even know how to do a side chest pose.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
Gayer than not knowing the difference between a pic being saved and uploaded from a harddrive and a pic directly linked from google you tart.

you're gay for even searching for a picture like that, it's ok big guy, it's 2008, time to come out of the closet it must be stuffy in there. :D

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2008, 10:00:29 AM »
great chest there on great scott alexander

great scott has a great great chest!

and Steve Reeves was all gyno.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2008, 10:50:48 AM »
right, BelowMe, I dont think anyone one Getbig would want Arnolds chest developement.  The potatoe chips would fall off...christ already.  the bodybuilders of today dont even know how to do a side chest pose.

You're right on with the observation of the current side chest, although I think Cormier does it pretty good justice.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2008, 10:59:30 AM »
yes he was good for his time, 50 years ago?

i don't think he looks any better than guys on the cover of muscle and fitness

without the face, nobody cares about his body

and Mr. Levrone has had more success than 99.9% of hollywood wannabes 8)

E

The guys on the cover of M&F sure as hell won't be as natural as he was forced to be (due to the absence of steroids in the era he was competitive).

I guarantee you that more guys , on this site and Joe Public, would prefer to have Reeves' physique than any modern pro's. It's a physique that looks great even today.

Levrone is still trying to break Hollywood so we can't pass final judgement..so far, it's hardly been a storming success.

Seeing as you've made it clear you hate the look of the modern freak and you often praise KL for being handsome, I'd have thought you'd get the Steve Reeves 'thing' as much as anyone Earl.
O

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2008, 11:05:14 AM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2008, 11:36:20 AM »

The guys on the cover of M&F sure as hell won't be as natural as he was forced to be (due to the absence of steroids in the era he was competitive).

I guarantee you that more guys , on this site and Joe Public, would prefer to have Reeves' physique than any modern pro's. It's a physique that looks great even today.

Levrone is still trying to break Hollywood so we can't pass final judgement..so far, it's hardly been a storming success.

Seeing as you've made it clear you hate the look of the modern freak and you often praise KL for being handsome, I'd have thought you'd get the Steve Reeves 'thing' as much as anyone Earl.

i'm sure that most of joe public prefers his look and yeah steve was a great looking guy

his body is very ordinary compared to what we are used to seeing, it's just hard for me to understand how a competitive bodybuilding fan can say he has the ideal body, take away the face and he's just another guy that worked out

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2008, 02:30:36 PM »
no the judging criteria used to care about flat midsections

why not explain your fascination with steve reeves?

your enormous post count and sometimes novel like posts tell me you don't mind wasting time on getbig ;)

E

I've explained many times why I'm a Reeves fan in detail , fee free search

and Levrone had a gut so whats your point?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2008, 03:26:16 PM »
I've explained many times why I'm a Reeves fan in detail , fee free search

and Levrone had a gut so whats your point?

nah forget it, i guess you only like to type more than 2 lines when dorian is involved  ::)

yes Mr. Levrone eventually developed a gut because the judging criteria rewards it :-\

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »
nah forget it, i guess you only like to type more than 2 lines when dorian is involved  ::)

yes Mr. Levrone eventually developed a gut because the judging criteria rewards it :-\

E

Wrong again I have extensive posts on Reeves

and NO Mr Levrone developed one because of what he was taking and Kevin was hit or miss on the day of the contest he was an awesome bodybuilder but could never tie it all together

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2008, 03:31:43 PM »
Wrong again I have extensive posts on Reeves

and NO Mr Levrone developed one because of what he was taking and Kevin was hit or miss on the day of the contest he was an awesome bodybuilder but could never tie it all together

i'm not asking for an "extensive" post on reeves, one or two lines will work just fine :)

yes i know it was the stuff he took, he never would've taken it if the judges cared about the size of the waistline :(

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2008, 03:45:04 PM »
i'm not asking for an "extensive" post on reeves, one or two lines will work just fine :)

yes i know it was the stuff he took, he never would've taken it if the judges cared about the size of the waistline :(

E

I'm a huge fan of Reeves because he was natural , his structure was almost perfect I still have yet to see anyone 6'1" with a 29" waist and arms/calves and neck all the exact same size ! in terms of just aesthetics and structure Reeves was just about perfect he had enough muscle size and for his day great conditioning , he a great guy too , a World War II veteran a real stand-up class-act no nonsense type of guy

Stop blaming the judges for Levrone's faults , they can only judge what he brings to the show and more often than not you got the small super sharp Kevin or the big soft Kevin , and when you're competing against someone who is big and supersharp you have to surpass that to win  and he couldn't , Kevin's fault no ones else

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Reeves because he was natural , his structure was almost perfect I still have yet to see anyone 6'1" with a 29" waist and arms/calves and neck all the exact same size ! in terms of just aesthetics and structure Reeves was just about perfect he had enough muscle size and for his day great conditioning , he a great guy too , a World War II veteran a real stand-up class-act no nonsense type of guy

Agree with all that. Of course, there were rumors of steroids way after he retired from competing and was acting...who knows?

I also think it's a timeless physique. One that would be praised in Greco-Roman times right up to this very day.
O

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2008, 05:37:06 PM »
Agree with all that. Of course, there were rumors of steroids way after he retired from competing and was acting...who knows?

I also think it's a timeless physique. One that would be praised in Greco-Roman times right up to this very day.

He was lighter for his movie roles than his competition days , the directors insisted he drop weight for fear of dwarfing his co-stars so any post steroid use is highly unlikely

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »

Stop blaming the judges for Levrone's faults , they can only judge what he brings to the show and more often than not you got the small super sharp Kevin or the big soft Kevin , and when you're competing against someone who is big and supersharp you have to surpass that to win  and he couldn't , Kevin's fault no ones else

there that wasn't so hard ;)

yes dorian was big and supersharp but a pile of crap is always a pile of crap

E

E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2008, 06:37:37 PM »
there that wasn't so hard ;)

yes dorian was big and supersharp but a pile of crap is always a pile of crap

E

Kevin just wasn't built right nothing wrong with that.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 02:21:58 PM »
Kevin just wasn't built right nothing wrong with that.

yet you would take his body over dorian's

E
E

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »
This thread is gay... and not in a good way.  :-[

hahahahh owned

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2008, 04:39:19 PM »
This thread is gay... and not in a good way.  :-[
Depends on your perspective. Fag.
follow the arrows

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »
Depends on your perspective. Fag.

Gayer than more hate from a muslim terrorist  ::)