Author Topic: Msnbc's top ten p4p MMA list *video*  (Read 1542 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Msnbc's top ten p4p MMA list *video*
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »
personally ?

#3....Faber

#4....GSP

good accurate list though

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
No way! Faber took Pulver through 5 rounds, BJ Penn whipped his ass in the second round of their last fight!

The only thing I would change is put BJ at #4 and GSP at #3.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:33:10 AM »
No way! Faber took Pulver through 5 rounds, BJ Penn whipped his ass in the second round of their last fight!

Spot on.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »
MMA is a fickle sport.

18 months ago Cro Cop would have been number 2.

It's amazing what 2 losses will do to your rankings. :-\

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 11:02:24 PM »

However, BJ Penn is naturally the much bigger fighter. This is a p4p listing, how good you are at your best or current weight.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 11:09:02 PM »
#1 - Fedor
#2 - Faber
#3 - Penn

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 04:25:06 AM »
And where would you put Anderson Sylvia and GSP?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 08:57:39 AM »
And where would you put Anderson Sylvia and GSP?
I think that #3 thru #5 are actually very very close, but I have to give the nod to Penn because he has competed at so many different weight classes, and now he is settled in, for now at least, at 155 which I feel suits him the best. Like another poster said, the P4P list is one that is always changing so he could definitely fall down from this spot, but I feel that he has just been so dominant, lately.

#4 - I would have to give to GSP, the guy has beaten so many great fighters it's unreal. The fight versus Fitch should be awesome and then of course it looks like there is a good chance that he will fight BJ if he wins this fight.

#5 - Anderson Silva. The guy has been dominant in his weight class at middleweight. I think he is going to have some problems duplicating that dominance at 205 with the guys that they have up there, though. However, with  about 2 solid wins at light heavy and you got to put him in the top 3.

Urijah Faber - Maybe I am overrating Urijah Faber at Featherweight, but I think his punching power at this class is devastating( he doesn't need to throw combos to KAYO opponents, he can put fighters on their ass with one punch, ala Rampage.   

Of course you are always going to have the world class conditioning with him, the punches in round 5 are going to have just about as much sting as in round 1. His defensive style stance and movement is very hard for the opposing fighter to penetrate.

The reason I put Fedor #1 and Faber #2 is that I just can't see them losing anytime soon at their respective weight classes.

This is the beauty of a P4P debate, everyone has their different beliefs on what should constitute it.
I also believe that these are the top 5 fighters in MMA as of today, and the quality does drop off a little after these guys.

TheIronWarrior

• Getbig II
  • Do you know Meecho?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:59:14 AM »

Urijah Faber - Maybe I am overrating Urijah Faber at Featherweight, but I think his punching power at this class is devastating( he doesn't need to throw combos to KAYO opponents, he can put fighters on their ass with one punch, ala Rampage.   

The reason I put Fedor #1 and Faber #2 is that I just can't see them losing anytime soon at their respective weight classes.

Hell yeah Faber is one of my favorite fighters.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
Hell yeah Faber is one of my favorite fighters.

Lil EVIL is one of mine, it was hard to see him and BJ fight.. I was torn like a man quartered to horses...

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 10:19:12 PM »
BJ doesn't care about size, I watched a video where he wast talking smack about Wanderlei Silva and that he would fight him in a heart beat. I wonder what his beef is with that guy?

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:01:12 AM »
BJ doesn't care about size, I watched a video where he wast talking smack about Wanderlei Silva and that he would fight him in a heart beat. I wonder what his beef is with that guy?

I don't thinkit is personal, BJ is just a warrior. nothin else about it!

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
Poll at mmajunkie.com has the following rankings for best pound for pound fighter:

1. Anderson Sylvia

2. Fedor

3. BJ Penn

4. GSP

:o

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4958/inside-mma-poll-results-who-is-mmas-pound-for-pound-best.mma

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 04:09:50 PM »
fedor need to be lower on the list
Z