Author Topic: When a house gets repossessed/foreclosed  (Read 1071 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
When a house gets repossessed/foreclosed
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
It sits empty.  The place a big lock on the door.  Then it's abandoned.  People don't check it out.  The grass doesn't get mowed.  Once it's 4 feet tall, the country puts a sign on their garage.   If they don't mow in ten days, the city does it every 3 months and bills them. 

Do you know what it's like to have a bunch of houses on your street with 3-foot tall grass sitting unoccupied?
Spooky.

animals hunt in there.  I swear I want to take the 22 out and pepper those damn raccoons at night.  they tear up the garbage cans.  I toss ice cubes instead :)

So yeah, 6 houses on my block are repossessed, that I can tell from the tall grass.  Living in a depressed area sucks.  A dealer moved in on the other end of the block, you have cars driving up to this $300k house all times of day, and some fat mexican runs out and hands them something.   These pricks would never have gotten this place rented without all these desperate sellers.

pathetic.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: When a house gets repossessed/foreclosed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
It sits empty.  The place a big lock on the door.  Then it's abandoned.  People don't check it out.  The grass doesn't get mowed.  Once it's 4 feet tall, the country puts a sign on their garage.   If they don't mow in ten days, the city does it every 3 months and bills them. 

Do you know what it's like to have a bunch of houses on your street with 3-foot tall grass sitting unoccupied?
Spooky.

animals hunt in there.  I swear I want to take the 22 out and pepper those damn raccoons at night.  they tear up the garbage cans.  I toss ice cubes instead :)

So yeah, 6 houses on my block are repossessed, that I can tell from the tall grass.  Living in a depressed area sucks.  A dealer moved in on the other end of the block, you have cars driving up to this $300k house all times of day, and some fat mexican runs out and hands them something.   These pricks would never have gotten this place rented without all these desperate sellers.

pathetic.
Sounds like you're using the 22 for the wrong varmint. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
Sounds like you're using the 22 for the wrong varmint. ;)

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

just as you said that, some piece of shit drove down my street at 11;30 at night dropping bass. 

Fvcking scumbags.  I can't wait to move.  This neighborhood was so rich and quiet two years ago.  Young families driving BMWs amd Lexuses.  Almost every house has a pool.

Oh, and the damn animals hunt now.  All these stray cats live in the tall grass, and neighbor's dog runs into the 3-ft high yards to look for them.  I had to get pest control this year to hit our yard, as the neighbor's unkempt place was a breeding ground.

So beware about buying any place that might become depresed in the future.  When we moved in, half the houses on street had 'for sale' signs.  Now I know why.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:47:40 PM »

just as you said that, some piece of shit drove down my street at 11;30 at night dropping bass. 

Fvcking scumbags.  I can't wait to move.  This neighborhood was so rich and quiet two years ago.  Young families driving BMWs amd Lexuses.  Almost every house has a pool.

Oh, and the damn animals hunt now.  All these stray cats live in the tall grass, and neighbor's dog runs into the 3-ft high yards to look for them.  I had to get pest control this year to hit our yard, as the neighbor's unkempt place was a breeding ground.

So beware about buying any place that might become depresed in the future.  When we moved in, half the houses on street had 'for sale' signs.  Now I know why.
I moved into an old established neighborhood, several of the neighbors have lived here their entire lives, one actually bought the house he grew up in from his parents. Many families have other family members within a block or two, six local police officers within 3 street, 3 local firefighters, and I think 2 police from outside communities all living within 3-4 streets of me.

My neighborhood will be cool for many, many years. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:54:26 PM »
I moved into an old established neighborhood, several of the neighbors have lived here their entire lives, one actually bought the house he grew up in from his parents. Many families have other family members within a block or two, six local police officers within 3 street, 3 local firefighters, and I think 2 police from outside communities all living within 3-4 streets of me.

I actually have 3 cop cars that I can see from my driveway from neighbor houses.

Well, 2 now.  One is repossessed now lol...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 09:15:53 PM »

Don't be so sure. I know what 240 speaks of. I had that same situation next door to me.
The house wasn't foreclosed on, the owner moved out and rented it out to the wrong tenants.
They absolutely trashed the place, didn't pay rent for over a year and he couldn't get them out.
He had an eviction order, ...just couldn't enforce it. They weren't the type of people you enforced evictions on,
...so the lived rent free for over a year. it wasn't until a co-ordinated dawn raid on 175 locations simultaneously throughout the GTA that they decided to leave. I guess it spooked them and they thought they were coming for them next. They left in such a hurry, they left all their furniture, clothes everything behind. They also trashed the interior so badly, that for months afterwards, he couldn't rent it out, ...and when he did, the tenants didn't want to stay. For months it sat empty, ...at some points even throughout the winter, the doors were wide open and the neighbourhood critter found themselves a place to escape the elements. At one point he had it rented to a really nice guy, ...except he had a break-in. They didn't touch anything, ...they went straight for the attic. The theory, when they left in such a hurry, ...they left something behind, and decided to return to retrieve it. It spooked the guy so badly, he moved out. Again the house sat empty for months. Long story short, he finally has a great family in there now. A couple approaching retirement who has a son gainfully employed in the trucking industry, a daughter in university, and they are decent people. They predict that the real estate meltdown occuring in the US might spill over into Canada, so they decided to sell their house, get all the equity out before it drops in value, and just rent for a few years. They also have the option to purchase it after a few years if they want.  I'm hoping they do, ... cause no one on this street wants to go through the same nightmare again. And we've got quite a few active as well as retired police officers living on this street. At least 6 that I know of. It can happen anywhere.

They've made some incredible improvements to the place tho. First thing in the morning at 5am, I hear the diesel engine firing up while I'm trying to sleep. All throughout the morning I hear the pounding as they renovate and fix things, ...do I or any of the neighbours complain? HECK NO! After a 5 year nightmare, we're just grateful to finally have decent neighbours again.

Many of us wished the house had been foreclosed on or repossessed by the bank. It wouldn't have dragged out for so long, but the guy who owned it has a real estate dynasty of at least 500 houses and the cash flow enabled him to last as long as it took to get rid of them. He has a hard time showing his face in this neighbourhood. Whenever he does he gets a bloody earful from the rest of us about picking quality tenants. With this last selection, he's somewhat redeemed himself, but you don't want to go through that for any length of time. The only perk in the entire nightmare was that our street was flagged for stepped up patrols by both marked & unmarked cars.
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »
holy crap, thanks for the bed time story 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 05:10:02 AM »
holy crap, thanks for the bed time story 

coming soon to a street near you.

the nicer the neighborhood, the further it will fall.  I drove thru my old apartment complex last week, it's like the fcking ghetto.  Punks working on cars in the parking lot with radios blasting, ducks walking around everywhere, kids running thru traffic... just a total trashy caliber of people.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 06:00:52 AM »
There are for sale signs everywhere on my street.  I know too well about the tall grass in front of empty homes.  There used to be about a dozen kids or so that'd play out by the street.....now they're gone.  It's pretty quiet outside, except when nightfall arrives......that's when bass gets bumping and more than once some guy was screaming into his cell phone while walking the street.  Crime is rising, and even the most basic of jobs are starting to become hard to come by.  Broward county is a bit of a wreck...hell, they're on the verge of laying off some teachers.

My old neighborhood in Buffalo, where I grew up at, has gotten even worse.  I didn't think it was possible.   A big problem was out of town homeowners renting their places out to less than desirable people.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 06:51:32 AM »
There are for sale signs everywhere on my street.  I know too well about the tall grass in front of empty homes.  There used to be about a dozen kids or so that'd play out by the street.....now they're gone.  It's pretty quiet outside, except when nightfall arrives......that's when bass gets bumping and more than once some guy was screaming into his cell phone while walking the street.  Crime is rising, and even the most basic of jobs are starting to become hard to come by.  Broward county is a bit of a wreck...hell, they're on the verge of laying off some teachers.

My old neighborhood in Buffalo, where I grew up at, has gotten even worse.  I didn't think it was possible.   A big problem was out of town homeowners renting their places out to less than desirable people.

yeah, lee, collier, and charlotte county have all laid off 5 to 10% of their teaching staff. 

25% of our constrution workforce is now unemployed. Tourism sucks.  But, people are still drinking...

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »

People who live in trailer parks drive Lexus' and BMW's and have pools?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »
People who live in trailer parks drive Lexus' and BMW's and have pools?

Yeah, I moved outta there about 5 years ago.  Sold properties before land value went to shit. Spent 3 years in an apartment and now two years in a pretty upscal (well used to be) neighborhood.