Author Topic: Did McCain spokesman mock his boss on national TV?  (Read 604 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Did McCain spokesman mock his boss on national TV?
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:04:12 PM »
Republican presidential candidate John McCain shook up his conservative supporters on Sunday when he suggested that he might be prepared to raise Social Security taxes.

By Tuesday, McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds had gone on Fox News to perform damage control, insisting repeatedly, "There is no imaginable circumstance where John McCain would raise payroll taxes. It’s absolutely out of the question. ... There's no imaginable circumstance where he would raise taxes."

MSNBC's Dan Abrams asked his guests, "Did I miss something there? Or did John McCain just say it is on the table and then his campaign spokesperson almost mocked it, as if, 'Oh, don't listen to that guy. Come on. He doesn't represent the campaign.'"

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Did McCain spokesman mock his boss on national TV?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »
yea. lol... McCain does not represent the campaign... That's the best line of the month :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »
yea. lol... McCain does not represent the campaign... That's the best line of the month :D

think about how much truth might be packed into those six words

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
think about how much truth might be packed into those six words

I didn't even think about that, but yes.  My fear is that ends up being true of all major political candidates.  My hope is not.  Good catch.