Author Topic: Phoenix Mission 'Definitely' Finds Water Ice on Mars  (Read 5874 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Phoenix Mission 'Definitely' Finds Water Ice on Mars
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 10:17:33 AM »

I should have said spiritually dead but being spiritually lost is synonymous with being spiritually dead.

READ WITH ATTENTION

In accordance to the bible....yes.   but not by definition outside of the bible.  Anything spiritual is not exclusive to the bible.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »
READ WITH ATTENTION
In accordance to the bible....yes.   but not by definition outside of the bible.  Anything spiritual is not exclusive to the bible.

Questions for you, where do spirits come from and what is a spirit?
W

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
How so? 

The potential of water on Mars that eventually leads to proof of life elsewhere will directly contradict the bible which effectively states that humans are all there is.

But I've never understood how the bible means anything.. it's a book written by men. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »
Questions for you, where do spirits come from and what is a spirit?

Everything comes from God.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 12:04:42 PM »
Everything comes from God.

except for the bible ;D lol

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »

hehehehe   yep.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »
The potential of water on Mars that eventually leads to proof of life elsewhere will directly contradict the bible which effectively states that humans are all there is.

I don't remember ever reading this in the bible...  Can you please give me a scripture reference or references?
R

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
I don't remember ever reading this in the bible...  Can you please give me a scripture reference or references?

No, actually I can't and you're welcome to dispute that if you wish.  I say it as I have heard that repeatedly from bible-thumping southern evangelicals.  I don't believe it is said in the old testament as those are the only books I'm intimately familiar with (I'm Jewish).

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2008, 06:37:14 AM »
No, actually I can't and you're welcome to dispute that if you wish.  I say it as I have heard that repeatedly from bible-thumping southern evangelicals.  I don't believe it is said in the old testament as those are the only books I'm intimately familiar with (I'm Jewish).

I'm pretty sure it is not in the bible anywhere, Old or New Testament.

Imo, one thing that is very detrimental to people possibly rejecting the (whole) bible as true is that they don't read it themselves and accept something some other person or people have said is in there as actually being in there when it is not.

Just because some bible-thumpers told you something was in there I wonder how long you've lived believing it and possibly repeated it as though it were a fact?  People can be mistaken and in addition some can be intentionally deceptive at times.  That's why we need to read it ourselves..... 

I've had a conversation with some Jehovah's Witnesses that were telling me about some scriptures but they were taking them completely out of context and making them mean what they wanted.  When I pointed out the context by reading the whole chapter and not only the verse, they had nothing to say other than to repeat the scripture  :-\  You have to read the whole context around the verse to glean the proper meaning.

In addition, the young JW was not aware of certain scriptures that specifically and plainly state that being "saved" is not achieved or sustained by doing good "works" but by grace through faith.   I gave her my email and she never wrote...I suppose it's possible the old lady JW w/her said it wouldn't be a good idea :-\

Brixtonbulldog, please hang around here more if you have time.  If you have other questions or beliefs that you've had about the N.T. that concern you some of us will do our best to help clarify if we can.

Also, you being intimately familiar w/the O.T. could help a lot of us learn also!  Thanks :)
R

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 06:48:27 AM »

Last time I checked everything means everything so don't exclude what you disagree with (the Bible).

I know neither of you disagree with everything in the bible, true?

I think a better way to describe the defamation of the many things God has created is to point out the influence of the perversions of sinfully cursed mankind. Remember God created Lucifer as well but he went astray because of pride and he was the most beautiful of God's creations.

Thiunk about it!

W

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
Last time I checked everything means everything so don't exclude what you disagree with (the Bible).

I know neither of you disagree with everything in the bible, true?

I think a better way to describe the defamation of the many things God has created is to point out the influence of the perversions of sinfully cursed mankind. Remember God created Lucifer as well but he went astray because of pride and he was the most beautiful of God's creations.

Thiunk about it!

Perversions of sinfully cursed mankind?  Please elaborate.

BTW Was Adam perfect?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Just bloody hysterical.............. ....never ends.
I hate the State.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure it is not in the bible anywhere, Old or New Testament.

Imo, one thing that is very detrimental to people possibly rejecting the (whole) bible as true is that they don't read it themselves and accept something some other person or people have said is in there as actually being in there when it is not.

Just because some bible-thumpers told you something was in there I wonder how long you've lived believing it and possibly repeated it as though it were a fact?  People can be mistaken and in addition some can be intentionally deceptive at times.  That's why we need to read it ourselves..... 

I've had a conversation with some Jehovah's Witnesses that were telling me about some scriptures but they were taking them completely out of context and making them mean what they wanted.  When I pointed out the context by reading the whole chapter and not only the verse, they had nothing to say other than to repeat the scripture  :-\  You have to read the whole context around the verse to glean the proper meaning.

In addition, the young JW was not aware of certain scriptures that specifically and plainly state that being "saved" is not achieved or sustained by doing good "works" but by grace through faith.   I gave her my email and she never wrote...I suppose it's possible the old lady JW w/her said it wouldn't be a good idea :-\

Brixtonbulldog, please hang around here more if you have time.  If you have other questions or beliefs that you've had about the N.T. that concern you some of us will do our best to help clarify if we can.

Also, you being intimately familiar w/the O.T. could help a lot of us learn also!  Thanks :)

Agreed.

I rarely claim to know of something in the new testament that is concrete or to have personal knowledge through reading it myself.  In this instance it's not so much a case of me repeating something that might not be there but an instance that goes to show how evangelicals, in a desperate attempt to validate their own extreme beliefs and absurdities, are actually doing more harm than good.  If it really isn't in the bible than I regret my own ignorance.

I happen to think very highly of most Christians but I keep finding myself in debates with evangelicals who attempt to change my mind about something.  After I end up humiliating them and exposing their shaky foundation they usually fall back on "Well, you should talk to my preacher.. they know how to put it into perspective."

I've never seen a Jew go around trying to convince people of our religion.  I don't know what possesses some Christians to do just that.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:35 PM »
Can we maybe just agree on that if water was found on mars or not could not possibly change anything about the spiritual truth contained in the bible, if there is any at all, that is?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
Can we maybe just agree on that if water was found on mars or not could not possibly change anything about the spiritual truth contained in the bible, if there is any at all, that is?

No, because it very well might.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2008, 02:35:49 PM »

Wow, best thing you have ever written, Mr. Wienerschnitzel.... ;D
I hate the State.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
Ive changed my name to polesmoke2
Wow, best thing you have ever written.
what made you decide  ::)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008, 06:49:39 PM »
Perversions of sinfully cursed mankind?  Please elaborate.

BTW Was Adam perfect?

We (mankind) have perverted every aspect of life and what was entrusted to us by God. (myself included)

Read Romans 1:18-32, Romans 3:9-18 and Galatians 5:19-21a no offense is new under this sun, it's all been done before.

Adam was created perfectly but of course he sinned and we are his offspring, everyone after Adam is infected (if you will with sin). We inherited his fallen nature so we all are drawn to sin we love to sin and we love to see others sin.
Questions for you:

What is righteousness to you?
Can you sustain it?
In your line of thinking is there even such a thing as sin?
If so who are you sinning against?
Is there a penalty for sinning?

HM

W

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
We (mankind) have perverted every aspect of life and what was entrusted to us by God. (myself included)

Read Romans 1:18-32, Romans 3:9-18 and Galatians 5:19-21a no offense is new under this sun, it's all been done before.

Adam was created perfectly but of course he sinned and we are his offspring, everyone after Adam is infected (if you will with sin). We inherited his fallen nature so we all are drawn to sin we love to sin and we love to see others sin.
Questions for you:

What is righteousness to you?
Can you sustain it?
In your line of thinking is there even such a thing as sin?
If so who are you sinning against?
Is there a penalty for sinning?

HM

entrusted to us?  who let the serpent into the garden?

How could Adam be perfect?  did he not lie and disobey God?

to answer your questions:

What is righteousness to you? common sense
Can you sustain it? yes, if i don't allow bull crap like doctrine to influence it.
In your line of thinking is there even such a thing as sin? ordering the death of women and children is sinful.   Or offering your virgin daughter to a horny sex crazed mob......amung many many others
If so who are you sinning against?  Other people and in turn you are sinning against GOD.
Is there a penalty for sinning?   I would hope there is after death  we are all 100% guaranteed to find out.   But in life there is for the most part.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 01:23:36 AM »
entrusted to us?  who let the serpent into the garden?

How could Adam be perfect?  did he not lie and disobey God?

to answer your questions:

What is righteousness to you? common sense
Can you sustain it? yes, if i don't allow bull crap like doctrine to influence it.
In your line of thinking is there even such a thing as sin? ordering the death of women and children is sinful.   Or offering your virgin daughter to a horny sex crazed mob......amung many many others
If so who are you sinning against?  Other people and in turn you are sinning against GOD.
Is there a penalty for sinning?   I would hope there is after death  we are all 100% guaranteed to find out.   But in life there is for the most part.

Ozmo, I have long wondered; are you a deist or some sort of alternative theist?
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 02:55:46 AM »

Do you think the Jewish religious texts are truthful and ordained by God?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 03:17:53 AM »

Likely not; most of 'us' Jews are secular atheists who think religion is a load of bullcrap.
I hate the State.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 04:01:21 AM »
Likely not; most of 'us' Jews are secular atheists who think religion is a load of bullcrap.

Ha ha, you have a Jewish background?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 04:42:42 AM »

Probably no more than the bible is.  Maybe the commandments?  Who knows.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 06:38:21 AM »
No, because it very well might.
In what way?
R