Author Topic: Phoenix Mission 'Definitely' Finds Water Ice on Mars  (Read 5873 times)

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Phoenix Mission 'Definitely' Finds Water Ice on Mars
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:51:36 PM »
What impact will this have on the Creation-evolution controversy and the believers and non-believers of getbig?

Does this mean life on other planets besides earth?

HM
W

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Phoenix Mission 'Definitely' Finds Water Ice on Mars
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »
I believe there is life outside of the Earth and our solar system.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »
What impact will this have on the Creation-evolution controversy and the believers and non-believers of getbig?

HM

All about Jebus... ::)
I hate the State.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 10:27:41 AM »

WOW deicide your getting it!
it is all about Jesus. Amen brother!

personally I think it's possible we will live
100% in space before the end times.
there has to be a reason for all of that being out there.
either that or the end times is quite a bit closer than
I imagine it may be.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:11:02 PM »

HM
Their has been observations that commits hold water, in the form of ice, as well. which means nothing. Finding water on mars doesn't mean that there was once life on that planet. Since we were kids we've been programed to believe that where there is water there is life, finding watyer on a planet changes nothing.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:16:08 AM »
Their has been observations that commits hold water, in the form of ice, as well. which means nothing. Finding water on mars doesn't mean that there was once life on that planet. Since we were kids we've been programed to believe that where there is water there is life, finding watyer on a planet changes nothing.

Jebus...
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 06:23:27 AM »
All about Jebus... ::)
Jebus...

What are you saying here Deicide?  Are you talking about Jerusalem?
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
What are you saying here Deicide?  Are you talking about Jerusalem?
No he is making fun of Jesus' name by calling him Jebus, a lot of people do this on getbig and deicide is just another followerer. On the other boards it happens when someone remembers you from the religious board, McWay gets that a lot. It is almost insulting to think this would hurt me as a christian, especially when I'm ready to even die for my saviour Jesus.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 09:49:20 AM »
No he is making fun of Jesus' name by calling him Jebus...

This is typical behavior of the spiritually lost, they must mock and scorn our Lord, it comes with the territory. Dust your feet off brothers/sisters because when it's all said and done every knee shall bow and call Jesus Lord! AMEN?

Romans 14:11
"As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." (believers and un believers)

HM
W

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »

HM

I don't get it. What does Ice on Mars have to do with Christian Belief?

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 12:42:44 PM »
I don't get it. What does Ice on Mars have to do with Christian Belief?

Absolutely nothing!

And I agree with this ---->
Their has been observations that comets hold water, in the form of ice, as well. which means nothing. Finding water on mars doesn't mean that there was once life on that planet. Since we were kids we've been programed to believe that where there is water there is life, finding water on a planet changes nothing.

HM
W

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 06:53:47 AM »
No he is making fun of Jesus' name by calling him Jebus, a lot of people do this on getbig and deicide is just another followerer. On the other boards it happens when someone remembers you from the religious board, McWay gets that a lot. It is almost insulting to think this would hurt me as a christian, especially when I'm ready to even die for my saviour Jesus.

What lol? 

I wonder how they think it's an insult to call Jesus the ancient name for Jerusalem? 

Maybe Deicide is making some sort of end-times reference to Israel?

R

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 07:12:12 AM »
This is typical behavior of the spiritually lost, they must mock and scorn our Lord, it comes with the territory. Dust your feet off brothers/sisters because when it's all said and done every knee shall bow and call Jesus Lord! AMEN?

"As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." (believers and un believers)

HM
AMEN!!!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

no but, finding water, NA, K, and CL, and traces of chemicals (could be contamination from landing) mean that their is in fact a form of life that was or is living on Mars.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
no but, finding water, NA, K, and CL, and traces of chemicals (could be contamination from landing) mean that their is in fact a form of life that was or is living on Mars.

I believe scientest, most of them anyway, are looking for ET life in the form of bacteria or a single cell ameoba, not the funny looking creatures you see in hollywood movies.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »

HM

Is the definition of the spiritually lost someone who is not a christian?   Because it really should be the definition of a non-christian.  Spirituality is not exclusive to Christianity by definition. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
I believe scientest, most of them anyway, are looking for ET life in the form of bacteria or a single cell ameoba, not the funny looking creatures you see in hollywood movies.

uh yeah no shit sherlock

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 03:34:23 AM »

HM

As I said before, I am still waiting for your fictional Canaanite war/storm deity to make a showing; until then, have fun crawiling on your hands and knees in imaginary worship...try Odin, he is a lot cooler.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 03:50:15 AM »
What lol? 

I wonder how they think it's an insult to call Jesus the ancient name for Jerusalem? 

Maybe Deicide is making some sort of end-times reference to Israel?

No, I am not and without wanting to insult you I think it utterly incomprehensible and silly that you believe these fairy tales, yet reject wholesale the fairy tales of Islam, Hinduism and various forms of polytheism...
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 06:17:03 AM »
No, I am not and without wanting to insult you I think it utterly incomprehensible and silly that you believe these fairy tales, yet reject wholesale the fairy tales of Islam, Hinduism and various forms of polytheism...
Why does it bother you so that I believe in the God of the Bible?
R

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 06:53:10 AM »
Why does it bother you so that I believe in the God of the Bible?

Because you believe it to be absolutely true, ignoring modern scientific knowledge and in particular never studying other world religions in depth. It's the same as saying Omaha, Nebraska is the best place on earth to live and you have never left the place. More importantly, Christianity with its pretentious, all encompassing, absolutist, yet thoroughly false and absurd claims, seeks to force itself upon science, the world and young people who don't know better; it was likely verbally beaten into you as a child since you are from the Bible Belt...there are many reasons it bothers me; most of all religious monotheists just can't seem to leave other people alone and have to proselytise.
I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 07:16:07 AM »
Because you believe it to be absolutely true, ignoring modern scientific knowledge and in particular never studying other world religions in depth.

I believe science supports my belief in the bible.

It's the same as saying Omaha, Nebraska is the best place on earth to live and you have never left the place. .
I cannot remember saying any place is the best place to live on earth.  Maybe you're not saying I did and just making an analogy but the analogy does not apply to me.

Christianity with its pretentious, all encompassing, absolutist, yet thoroughly false and absurd claims, seeks to force itself upon science, the world and young people who don't know better;
How does it seek to "force itself" upon these things you list?

it was likely verbally beaten into you as a child since you are from the Bible Belt...

See, I think your tendency to presume things could have a large impact regarding why your mind seems so closed to the possibility of Christianity being true. 

No, Christianity was not beaten ito me as a child.  In fact, I'm not even sure my mom is saved or that my dad was saved.

Try not to presume things if you can help yourself.

there are many reasons it bothers me; most of all religious monotheists just can't seem to leave other people alone and have to proselytise.
Sorry but this really makes me wonder why you spend so much time here on the "RELIGION BOARD." 

You are quite free to not come here at all but yet, it seems as though you spend a large percentage of your time on getbig right here...on a RELIGION board where there are obviously Christians talking about Christianity. 

Why do you think if you are so bothered by monotheists that you come here so often where are bunch of monotheists congregate?
R

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »
Is the definition of the spiritually lost someone who is not a christian? According to the bible, Yes!  Because it really should be the definition of a non-christian.  Spirituality is not exclusive to Christianity by definition.  Pay attention

I should have said spiritually dead but being spiritually lost is synonymous with being spiritually dead.

Let me clarify.

According to certain books of the canonized 66 books otherwise known as the bible (Genesis to Revelation) specifically;
Romans 8:9b
9b Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Meaning he/she is spiritually dead without Christ, carefully read Ephesians 2:1-10 as it explains the spiritual condition of someone who is not in Christ.

Ephesians 4:5
One Lord (Jesus), One faith (his faith/faithfulness), One baptism (of the Holy Spirit)

Every other faith apart from faith in Christ or reliance on Christ's faith is futile. Any other Spirit apart from the Holy Spirit gives death not life.

Galatians 2:16
know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Ergo, If Christ the sustainer of life is not your Lord, If Christ the sustainer of life is not your source of faith,  If you have not been baptized by the Holy Spirit/ghost you are spiritually lost/dead

The Christian faith is dependent upon what Christ has done for us not on what we can do for ourselves.

HM

W

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
Water doesn't disprove God although it might disprove the bible.

They are NOT the same.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:40 AM »
Water doesn't disprove God although it might disprove the bible.

How so? 

They are NOT the same.
Absolutely correct
R