Author Topic: I just finished a 5 day fast  (Read 5365 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I just finished a 5 day fast
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
I just did a five day fasting cleanse.  All I got to eat was a fiber supp 3 times a day and some nasty cleansing pills.  It is hard as shit not eating for five days.  Surprisingly I only crapped twice.  I usually shit once a day but on this diet I only crapped twice.  last night I had my first mean since last Friday and an hour later I had the biggest crap of my life.

Overall I lost 20 pounds, probably all water weight but after struggling not eating for the first 3 days the last two were easy.  I feel lighter and way more energetic.

Can't wait to get back to th gym next week.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
Re: I just finished a 5 day fast
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »

You forgot to mention the weather
just not good enough

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »

You forgot to mention the weather

and sports

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
I've wanted to try this.

Were you still training during the fast?  Do you work a job that is either physically or mentally demanding, and if so, were you able to sustain it?

Lastly, how did you look in the mirror when it was done?  Were you noticably thinner?  Did you lose fat or muscle or both?

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 10:56:09 AM »
I just did a five day fasting cleanse.  All I got to eat was a fiber supp 3 times a day and some nasty cleansing pills.  It is hard as shit not eating for five days.  Surprisingly I only crapped twice.  I usually shit once a day but on this diet I only crapped twice.  last night I had my first mean since last Friday and an hour later I had the biggest crap of my life.

Overall I lost 20 pounds, probably all water weight but after struggling not eating for the first 3 days the last two were easy.  I feel lighter and way more energetic.

Can't wait to get back to th gym next week.

Rampage jackson tried some fasting to "cleanse" his issues.
Didn't work out too well  :'(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:17:27 AM »
I've wanted to try this.

Were you still training during the fast?  Do you work a job that is either physically or mentally demanding, and if so, were you able to sustain it?

Lastly, how did you look in the mirror when it was done?  Were you noticably thinner?  Did you lose fat or muscle or both?

I started on Friday so by Monday at work I would be used to it and also know the effects on my stomach.
I took a week off training. It recomends to limit physical work.  It was nice being lazy for five days.  After you get over the mental fucking that happens with food cravings you move on.  I had presentations to do on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that went perfect.  So it didn't mess with my mental abilities. I actually felt real energetic as well.  Only felt tired on day one and had a bit of a headache that went away.

Funny thing is my body looked flat.  No muscle pumps, but I was thinner.  My belt had to be tightened a lot more than usual.  I probably didn't lose any muscle in 5 days since the body will burn fat for energy first then swtich to muscle.  I'll know when I go back to the gym on Monday how my strength was affected.

I never had any killer craps until after I ate my first meal.  You have to be mentally strong to get through 5 straight days with no foods.  On day four I didn't even want to take the fiber supps anymore.  I just wasn't hungry.

This was done not for fat loss but to kick start my digestive system as I am starting a cleaner diet now and needed to clean up my system.

Funny thing is I sweat a lot and this time I never sweat.  I actually got cold where I normally would be hot and sweaty with 80 degree weather.

packetman

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »
I've done this as well.  The one thing you notice is how much extra time you have.  Eating takes a lot of time...even if you eat fast.  During my fast I was cold all the time after the 3rd day.  I was covering up with blankets and this was in July when I did my fast.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 11:35:06 AM »
I started on Friday so by Monday at work I would be used to it and also know the effects on my stomach.
I took a week off training. It recomends to limit physical work.  It was nice being lazy for five days.  After you get over the mental fucking that happens with food cravings you move on.  I had presentations to do on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday that went perfect.  So it didn't mess with my mental abilities. I actually felt real energetic as well.  Only felt tired on day one and had a bit of a headache that went away.

Funny thing is my body looked flat.  No muscle pumps, but I was thinner.  My belt had to be tightened a lot more than usual.  I probably didn't lose any muscle in 5 days since the body will burn fat for energy first then swtich to muscle.  I'll know when I go back to the gym on Monday how my strength was affected.

I never had any killer craps until after I ate my first meal.  You have to be mentally strong to get through 5 straight days with no foods.  On day four I didn't even want to take the fiber supps anymore.  I just wasn't hungry.

This was done not for fat loss but to kick start my digestive system as I am starting a cleaner diet now and needed to clean up my system.

Funny thing is I sweat a lot and this time I never sweat.  I actually got cold where I normally would be hot and sweaty with 80 degree weather.

yea, you know your science, don't you? oh brother...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
I've done this as well.  The one thing you notice is how much extra time you have.  Eating takes a lot of time...even if you eat fast.  During my fast I was cold all the time after the 3rd day.  I was covering up with blankets and this was in July when I did my fast.

Haha, exactly. I needed a blanket as well.  I never actually felt warm until I ate my first meal after the fast.  I've come to the conclusion that I sweat from eating.  5 days seems like an eternity.  You get past it though and it seems like nothing but at the time it seemed like forever

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:37:51 AM »

yea, you know your science, don't you? oh brother...

explain then?  How much muscle would you lose in 5 days?  I didn't do any physical activites so my body was using enough calories to get through the day.  From what I read the body uses a majority of your caloric intake for digestion and since I wasn't digesting anything that it wasn't needed.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 11:42:30 AM »
Then why do most bodybuilders feel the need to eat more than 50g's of protein EVERYDAY to keep from sacrificing that precious muscle?

you know the type that goes crazy if they dont get their 20 egg whites, 3 chicken breasts, 2 turkeys in everyday or catabolism will take effect. Im just fuckin with u really man, im sure u didnt "lose" any muscle..... but i just think that the "STAPLE" of bodybuilding dieting is never looked at beyond the pages of what they read in flex or bb.com.

Look at basketball, baseball, football players.. u cant tell me they eat more than what... maybe 60g's of protein a day? I mean the MAJORITY of them is what im talking about, im sure there is a minority that eats similar to a bb diet. But, i mean come on bro the muscle/conditioning of must of these guys is insane.. and that just goes from eating NORMAL GHETTO DIETS like they did in their childhood..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 11:44:53 AM »
Then why do most bodybuilders feel the need to eat more than 50g's of protein EVERYDAY to keep from sacrificing that precious muscle?

you know the type that goes crazy if they dont get their 20 egg whites, 3 chicken breasts, 2 turkeys in everyday or catabolism will take effect. Im just fuckin with u really man, im sure u didnt "lose" any muscle..... but i just think that the "STAPLE" of bodybuilding dieting is never looked at beyond the pages of what they read in flex or bb.com.

Look at basketball, baseball, football players.. u cant tell me they eat more than what... maybe 60g's of protein a day? I mean the MAJORITY of them is what im talking about, im sure there is a minority that eats similar to a bb diet. But, i mean come on bro the muscle/conditioning of must of these guys is insane.. and that just goes from eating NORMAL GHETTO DIETS like they did in their childhood..
That's because they're doing some crazy workouts and steroids are useless unless you're taking in a lot of protein.  I wasn't working out.  I took time off.  I litterally rested all weekend and was a lazy ass.

I know some black guys that will eat like shit, lift and still get big and stay ripped.  A friend of mine didn't eat breakfast and for lunch would eat a big mac and for dinner later at night would chow down two 1/4 pounders with fries.  The guy was ripped. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 11:45:54 AM »
no offense, but fasting is stupid.

and please explain  how steroids are useless without tons of protein ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2008, 11:47:54 AM »
no offense, but fasting is stupid.

and please explain  how steroids are useless without tons of protein ?

What is the key basis for taking steroids fucktard?  For optimum protein synthesis.  It allows your body to recuperate better but to recuperate you need protein to rebuild.  Why don't you google some more and cut and paste a post here acting like you're an expert even though you just plagarize.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 11:52:06 AM »
omg CANDIDIZZLE U DONT FUCKING GET IT!!!!!

"no offense, fasting is stupid" oh ok none taken..... geezus are u human? hahah u fuckin dipshit mother fucker god i want to hurt you.

Please provide relevant and logical resources that will support your claim that fasting has no benefits.

Fasting is the best thing any human being can do if they are healthy enough to do it. You eat EVERYDAY for 20-30+ years, u dont think it'd just be "ok" to give your digestive system a break?

I really do hope u dont raise your hand much in class

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »
 um. protein synthesis. do you have any idea the milliuons of body processes that are all involved and intertwined with such a vague term as protein synthesis? shut your mouth.  a steroid user can eat half the protein of a natural trainee and still build twice the muscle.  and this is because of thousand s of diffferent actions of androgens, and all the direct and indirect effects they have on the body.

if you want to learn you can say sorry for calling me fucktard and i can point you in the right direction.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 11:55:10 AM »
omg CANDIDIZZLE U DONT FUCKING GET IT!!!!!

"no offense, fasting is stupid" oh ok none taken..... geezus are u human? hahah u fuckin dipshit mother fucker god i want to hurt you.

Please provide relevant and logical resources that will support your claim that fasting has no benefits.

Fasting is the best thing any human being can do if they are healthy enough to do it. You eat EVERYDAY for 20-30+ years, u dont think it'd just be "ok" to give your digestive system a break?

I really do hope u dont raise your hand much in class
  :D oh yeah sure, deprive your body of all the essential and non essential nutrients and vital micro nutrients, phytochemicals and vitmins that are all so wonderfully healthy for the body.

that would be really healthy !  ::)

if you want to hurt me, id love for you too baby. hurt me real good  :-* you know what i mean cutie

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 11:55:34 AM »
Cand, I do wish to hear more about your expertise in which you are quoting from Dr. LLewellyn? Open that Anabolics 2006 book you have on your desk and please explain to me in detail the basis in which steroids work? Steroids are nothing without protein u fucking moron.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:56:24 AM »
Cand, I do wish to hear more about your expertise in which you are quoting from Dr. LLewellyn? Open that Anabolics 2006 book you have on your desk and please explain to me in detail the basis in which steroids work? Steroids are nothing without protein u fucking moron.
  :D really ?  you sure are smart.  ;D

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »
Did you take any caffeine or energy supplements (or even diet pop?)

Is it necessary to take a fiber pill?

And you say the energy dip goes away after the first day or so?

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 11:57:32 AM »
um. protein synthesis. do you have any idea the milliuons of body processes that are all involved and intertwined with such a vague term as protein synthesis? shut your mouth.  a steroid user can eat half the protein of a natural trainee and still build twice the muscle.  and this is because of thousand s of diffferent actions of androgens, and all the direct and indirect effects they have on the body.

if you want to learn you can say sorry for calling me fucktard and i can point you in the right direction.
on that note.......lighten up youngster.......let's dance

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
  :D oh yeah sure, deprive your body of all the essential and non essential nutrients and vital micro nutrients, phytochemicals and vitmins that are all so wonderfully healthy for the body.

that would be really healthy !  ::)

if you want to hurt me, id love for you too baby. hurt me real good  :-* you know what i mean cutie

Do you REALLY THINK cultures/people that believe in fasting are any LESS HEALTHY than a typical american pudge such as yourself? I know you are on a "new thing" here and im gonna let you run with it because it makes you feel good inside. It is a GOOD THING to feel good, im happy for you. But, you must understand, their is more knowledge to be learned than the new "tip of the day" you read from bb.com and explaining it to your parents at dinner table so they make u feel proud.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 12:03:27 PM »
on that note.......lighten up youngster.......let's dance

oh shit son, fucking awesome  song selection right there !

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »
boonstock, go ahead and fast. IMO its stupid. if you thnk its healthy, thats your opinion.

why do you take such offense? something wrong inside of you buddy ?

stop worry so much about me and other people. worry about yourself. 

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »
cleansing........lose fat........lose water........lose muscle