Author Topic: I just finished a 5 day fast  (Read 5360 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: I just finished a 5 day fast
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 12:08:14 PM »
Did you take any caffeine or energy supplements (or even diet pop?)

Is it necessary to take a fiber pill?

And you say the energy dip goes away after the first day or so?

Just fiber, liver cleansing, some clorophyl and green algae pills and that's it.  Nothing else.  here's the kit.

No caffeine, nothing artificial, nothing other than water.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 12:09:59 PM »
cleansing........lose fat........lose water........lose muscle

How much muscle?  remember.  I didn't workout.  I just rested.  I'm pretty sure the years of working out were not destroyed by a five day fast

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 12:12:01 PM »
How much muscle?  remember.  I didn't workout.  I just rested.  I'm pretty sure the years of working out were not destroyed by a five day fast
you "lost muscle", thats for sure. how much depends on hundreds of things. look in the mirror....you tell us.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 12:12:19 PM »
Did you take any caffeine or energy supplements (or even diet pop?)

Is it necessary to take a fiber pill?

And you say the energy dip goes away after the first day or so?

What we consider "feeling energetic"  comes form dependencies on outside sources such as caffeine and other drugs.  We feel low when we don't have them because our bodies got used to having them for energy.  I'm not a coffee person so for my I felt fine.  I feele enrergetic when I slept well.  No sleep and I feel like shit

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »
you "lost muscle", thats for sure. how much depends on hundreds of things. look in the mirror....you tell us.

I'm pretty sure my lifts will not feel any negative effects.  When I'm back in the gym I should be back to normal after a couple of workouts.

That whole fear of losing muscles from dieting is pussy bullshit.  Especially from these fucking druggies that are so jacked on juice and cry about doing cardio in fear of losing muscle

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
well, not really. many very knowledgeable experts/gru's are in agreement that ANYTIME you lose fat, you lose SOME  muscle as well. i personally dont believe thats true, in fact i think if you know how to diet correctly there is no reason why anyone, natural or not, cant put on a pound or so of muscle while dieting.     

the way you lose muscle is not by insufficient calories, but insufficient protein. hormones also play a role. well, alot of things play a role. but the main one is protein in vs protein out (breakdown vs. synthesis).. you use more protein than just what you use to "build muscle".

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »
I'm pretty sure my lifts will not feel any negative effects.  When I'm back in the gym I should be back to normal after a couple of workouts.

That whole fear of losing muscles from dieting is pussy bullshit.  Especially from these fucking druggies that are so jacked on juice and cry about doing cardio in fear of losing muscle
i'm sure at least a some muscle was compromised......i wonder if you fasted for 5 days and took in 40 gms of protein powder every 3 hours with only water how it would effect you.......no carbs.......no fats......just a sponge for fuckin protein

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:20 PM »
i'm sure at least a some muscle was compromised......i wonder if you fasted for 5 days and took in 40 gms of protein powder every 3 hours with only water how it would effect you.......no carbs.......no fats......just a sponge for fuckin protein

Then it wouldn't be a fast.  My digestive system would be working hard to get the protein broken down and the point was to give it a rest.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »
Then it wouldn't be a fast.  My digestive system would be working hard to get the protein broken down and the point was to give it a rest.
just use a whey hydrosylate.

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 12:36:01 PM »
fasting sounds good on paper,however the body is made to weed out impurities.........not taking in the vitamins ,nutrients,carbs,fats and proteinsfor days on end isn't really logical.......in fact it may put more stress on the liver.......the liver function is to filter.......you're fucking with it's normal function......just like taking test slows down or stops the testes function

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 12:39:39 PM »
well, not really. many very knowledgeable experts/gru's are in agreement that ANYTIME you lose fat, you lose SOME  muscle as well. i personally dont believe thats true, in fact i think if you know how to diet correctly there is no reason why anyone, natural or not, cant put on a pound or so of muscle while dieting.     

the way you lose muscle is not by insufficient calories, but insufficient protein. hormones also play a role. well, alot of things play a role. but the main one is protein in vs protein out (breakdown vs. synthesis).. you use more protein than just what you use to "build muscle".

settle down Lyle McDonald.
Deep Tissue Massage

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »
Congrats.  You have just lowered your metabolism. 

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
steele is spot on. in 5 days you will lose but a small amount- negligible, of muscle. Fat will be used first for energy.

the human body works by constantly changing to achieve homeostatis so over 5 days he probably got to a point where his physiological response was "thinking about" looking for alternative fuel reserves.

5 days is also not long enough to change his metabolism markedly. The thing is, the same responses can be gained without fasting- fasting is a bit extreme.

cycling nutrients is the best way to optimise the uptake of specific food groups as it goes through periods of restriction and then saturation. This is why creatine is cycled. In fact any diet for pro level competition is carefully laid out. (im talking not just BB).

same for training routines, the body needs time to first adapt, then put the mechanisms into place to make best use of the new situation.

This is also why regular "mixing up" of reps and training methods does not work. in fact its counter productive.

With respect to steele and candid...its impossible to split the loss/gain of muscle/fat, so by first principles if you are doing fat burning activities you will lose some muscle. It's more an argument about how much youll lose. Conversely youll lose some fat whilst gaining muscle...or even gain some fat. Theres no scientific phenom that means you cant gain muscle whilst shredding and vice versa.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 05:19:30 PM »

so you really think he has less muscle cells now than he did before his fast? 

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »
no offense, but fasting is stupid.
None taken because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

There is a big factor here that everybody seems not to be taking into consideration, how much bodyfat someone has. A lot of people have put on muscle while dieting, but only until you reach low bodyfat levels, may 6-7% it varies per individual, after this you are garunteed to lose muscle no matter what, basically dieting from 15% down to 7% can be done with no muscle loss, but dieting from 15% down to 2% cannot be done without muscle loss.

Man of steal said he lost 20 pounds fasting, if his bodyfat levels are high then he probably didn`t lose much muscle, but if they are under 8-9% fasting he would loss some muscle.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 06:02:15 PM »
I just did a five day fasting cleanse.  All I got to eat was a fiber supp 3 times a day and some nasty cleansing pills.  It is hard as shit not eating for five days. 

five days is a warm-up

Ramadan would bury you

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 06:19:21 PM »
so you really think he has less muscle cells now than he did before his fast? 
he didnt eat for 5 days. you tell me.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »
Next time you do it just get yourself some skin calipers and measure your bf before and after.That will tell you whether you lost muscle or not.
If you were not very low in bf, your body probably would not start attacking the muscles till about day 5 or 6.. even if it takes an ounce or so a day of muscle tissue,you will gain it back within a few days of over feeding.

If you lost any muscle tissue , we are talking a few ounces!

for fat loss just eat 1.5 to 2lbs of ultra lean meat a day(nothing else) and you will preserve the muscle while losing nearly as much fat as a water fast, if your goal is to just lose fat..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:19 PM »
i think HOW MUCH muscle he has kinda matters too. if he is kinda average muscle mass..im sure the loss in amino acids would be fairly insignificant. if he is unnaturaly muscular, i bet it would be quite a bit more muscle loss (considering he is not on any kind of exogenous support system)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
i think HOW MUCH muscle he has kinda matters too. if he is kinda average muscle mass..im sure the loss in amino acids would be fairly insignificant. if he is unnaturaly muscular, i bet it would be quite a bit more muscle loss (considering he is not on any kind of exogenous support system)
Absolutaly, fasting is one thing where the results will vary considerably based on bodyfat, muscle mass, matabolism, bone structure, daily activities, and of course genetics. Even the amount of sodium you have consumed before fasting will come into play.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 07:43:05 PM »
five days is a warm-up

Ramadan would bury you

Wrong.

Ramadan allows you to eat before sunrise and after sunset.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 10:34:36 PM »
Fasting is pointless for the result you are trying to achieve.  However, if you like self-torture and a false sense of "spiritualism", go ahead and indulge in the pointless pleasure less pastime of nutrient depriving.   

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
um. protein synthesis. do you have any idea the millions of body processes that are all involved and intertwined with such a vague term as protein synthesis? shut your mouth. A steroid user can eat half the protein of a natural trainee and still build twice the muscle. and this is because of thousand s of different actions of androgen's, and all the direct and indirect effects they have on the body.

if you want to learn you can say sorry for calling me fucktard and i can point you in the right direction.

You truly do believe way to much a magazine tells ya...I guy i knew(ifbb pro) of the 80's eat one can of tuna 21 days out from a show...Then he eat 20 pounds of potatoes over a 2 1/2 day period leading up to the show...When he give your digestive system a break, everything else steps up a notch...There a chemist in think tanks that deprive themselves from food and take mushrooms or LSD to try to come up with cures for things we don't even though exist...

Dizzle...You were a fat kid who started working out and got alittle attention and you believe your whole life is the truth...Bro I'm telling ya...Its not...Your reality tunnel is built on what you see or hear...Your poisoning yourself with muscle mags...

You believe high protein doesn't effect you...You believe massive amounts of steak and hamburg will not hurt your heart...You believe steroids don't really effect your liver...You believe a person can snort sweet n low like it's coke for dozen's of years it it will not have any effect on the body...

Your so young that you do not have real life experiences to tell you otherwise...You read stuff that lets you believe that what your doing is fine...Bro I'm telling you right here and now, you are going to go down...You don't have the genetics to handle anything close to what Jay Cutler can handle...Jay won't live to be 50...And that may be OK with him...And it may be OK with you...But don't sit here and ask people to show you written proof that this will kill you or that will kill you...You sound like a tobacco salesman...Your the fat kid who drinks a case of beers every other day for 10 years after college and has no problems and believes that the whole world is exactly like you...Your the same douche bag who may be lucky to live to 50 who now has to tell everyone how bad something is because your sitting with a colostomy bag or worse...Truth is, you can't step outside your body and look at yourself and realise that your just a regular schmo who is trying to find info that makes your life seem right...But it is yours...So to you, it seems like the end all be all...The quicker you can step out of your body and look down at yourself, the better society will be...

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
thanks for your attempt at a psych evaluation.  ::)

go pop another e-tab and fast for days on end while you go around dancing like a fairy. it has certainly made you a beast up to this point.  :D