Author Topic: Looks like Ronnie is a Ferrigno fan  (Read 3977 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Looks like Ronnie is a Ferrigno fan
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 11:39:02 PM »
Athlete's baseball players etc, sign autographs all the time for fans for free and actually give them a photo too for free that they signed, so why do lesser popular athlete's charge for them?
TEAM Nasser

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »
If Stallone, Diddy, Eddie murphy, 50 cent, trump can sign autographs for free, why cant coleman?....ohhhh there filthy rich.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 11:53:38 PM »
if a grown man is dumb enough to want an autograph in the first place, then he's probably dumb enough to pay for it.

reppin203

• Getbig II
  • they all talk fast but they all think slow
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 12:53:47 AM »
if a grown man is dumb enough to want an autograph in the first place, then he's probably dumb enough to pay for it.
End of thread.

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 07:40:53 AM »
Lou sells very FEW autographs, even at The Arnold.

And NO ONE makes money on ebay selling Lou's autograph-in fact the last time there was an 8x10 signed pic it didnt even sell for $5.

Here is everything about Lou for sell on ebay;

59 items-only 4, just 4 out of 59, have bidders. Meaning 93% of Lou's items dont/wont sell. Pathetic.

http://search.ebay.com/lou-ferrigno_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

I worked with lou for 4 years and counted the money at the classic every year. You're a fat fucking moron. Stfu. He made plenty.

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 07:59:25 AM »
It's my opinion that if you're a recognized athlete, whatever the sport, recognized worldwide or whatever, you are then a public figure and it should be part of your job.  The public and the fans support your career and in a sense pay for your salary.  If you choose to be a public figure, then you choose everything that comes along with it, including celebrity, you do not work a 9-5 typical job, your shift doesn't end by punching out on a time clock.  It is part of your job to be a public figure and representative of the sport.  IF there were legions of fans supporting your career and they needed a favor, wouldn't you do it for them?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
You guys are funny saying celebs are obligated to give their autographs away.  You have no idea how much these people make selling their autographs.  And the reason they do it is because their are people out there who pay for it. An Ichiro signature in Japanese sells for about $1,000.  Not bad money.  Lou does many shows a year.  That adds up to thousands of dollars for signing his name.  If you go to a show where there are celebrities and sports figures and they are giving there autograph for free it is because the promoter is paying them or they are appearing under contract with one of their sponsors.  Many people who collect autographs are collecting them for the future so $20 is nothing to pay when they are hoping that person becomes ultra-famous like a member of the hall of fame or something like that.  Sports Collecting is a huge business and having an autograph on the item just increases its value.  The Honus Wagner Baseball card was just recently sold for $1.6 million.  That is a rare instance but there are many other similar stories.  Plus, some celebrities give their shit away cause that is how they are inside.  They feel they have enough money and why not give back.  Others feel they have to charge to let the person know he is getting something worth the money.  Ronnie is far very far from having the celebrity status of Lou.  Ronnie has Lou beat in success IN bodybuilding but far from Lou beating him in success FROM bodybuilding.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »
Question:

Whatever you do for a living, if someone asked you to do it outside of work, would you do it for free???

ronnie's job is to stand with fans and have his photograph taken? holy shit, i need to get in on that. here i thought it was to get on stage and have his physique judged, or to do advertisements for supplements. where do i sign up for the position of "stands around giving thumbs up with random people for pictures"?