Author Topic: Looks like Ronnie is a Ferrigno fan  (Read 3976 times)

marcus

• Getbig IV
Looks like Ronnie is a Ferrigno fan
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:52:37 AM »
20$ for a pic with ronnie coleman:@ WTF!
i saw tonight Ronnie at a local pub in my country and when i came to ask for a pic with him, his wife asked me for 20$!

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Looks like Ronnie is a Ferrigno fan
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 12:54:06 AM »

Question:

Whatever you do for a living, if someone asked you to do it outside of work, would you do it for free???

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 12:57:30 AM »
No but I'm also not worth millions.  ::)

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 01:00:04 AM »

You have no idea what he is worth, and why is it up to you to decide when he stops earning???

You answered the question honestly, and I respect that, so my point is that neither you or anyone else would do (whatever it is you do) for free, so why should he or Lou???

I don't get it...You will pay $6.99 for a magazine but not $20. for a picture with one of your idols (do not say he is not 'cause you would not have wanted a picture to begin with)...

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »
He's built a huge reputation and has been one of the most successful bodybuilders ever with fans across the world. Is there any reason for him to charge $20 for an autograph when he knew signing them was part of the job? No I don't know what he's worth but I'm sure he's doing well. How often do we hear of other bodybuilders charging for autographs or athletes in other sports (I use those terms loosely), or even actors charging? They should be glad that someone looks up to them that much.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
He's built a huge reputation and has been one of the most successful bodybuilders ever with fans across the world. Is there any reason for him to charge $20 for an autograph when he knew signing them was part of the job? No I don't know what he's worth but I'm sure he's doing well. How often do we hear of other bodybuilders charging for autographs or athletes in other sports (I use those terms loosely), or even actors charging? They should be glad that someone looks up to them that much.

Let me try again:

A.  "signing them was part of the job"...Show me that job description (seriously Bro that sounded really bad)...

and

B.  The ones that do not charge get paid by whoever is sponsoring or promoting them, everyone else charges, so once again the point I am trying to make is they all do it and nobody (yourself included) would do what you do outside of work for free...

OH BTW...I rrreeeaaalllyyy do not think you can compare an actor who makes 15 MILLION a picture to a professional bodybuilder...lol...but nice try...

They should be happy you look up to them...WoW...OK...Lets break this down...

If you look up to them then you should want to hook them up with $20...Fuck I tip the kid $20. at Christmas time for cutting my tree but I do not look up to him...lol

One more BTW...If he did not charge and make money to do what he does (to afford the food, drugs, etc., etc., etc.,) he would not be where he is for you to look up to him to begin with (kind of a Back To The Future Paradox if you will...But I digress...

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 01:32:04 AM »
Let me try again:

A.  "signing them was part of the job"...Show me that job description (seriously Bro that sounded really bad)...

I'm sure he realized that once he started becoming successful that people would want him to sign shit so I believe it does come with the territory.

One more BTW...If he did not charge and make money to do what he does (to afford the food, drugs, etc., etc., etc.,) he would not be where he is for you to look up to him to begin with (kind of a Back To The Future Paradox if you will...But I digress...

He's been successful for many years now as a bodybuilder but this is the first I've heard of him charging. I'm wondering what changed and made him want to do it now after all this time.

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 01:35:19 AM »

dalkiel

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 04:44:17 AM »
Being famous doesn't mean you need to charge your fans money for having a photo taken with them.

Maybe marriage has changed ronnie because I've met him twice during the height of his career and he was willing to pose for pics and give away free autographs. He only charged for the photos he sold but never charged anyone for taking a photo with their own camera.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 04:51:21 AM »
Question:

Whatever you do for a living, if someone asked you to do it outside of work, would you do it for free???

i have...whats the big deal...
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 04:54:09 AM »

actually thats the weak anthropic principle :D

http://www.bluffton.edu/~bergerd/essays/impert.html

carpe` vaginum!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 04:58:04 AM »
It's stupid....how much difference is $20 a photograph going to make in his overall financial prosperity?  The guy I'm sure does plenty well for himself.  Autographs is a way for pros to give back to the fans.  Afterall they spend enough fucking money buying his worthless supplements and stupid ass magazines. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 05:15:38 AM »
Being famous doesn't mean you need to charge your fans money for having a photo taken with them.

Exactly. There are much, much bigger stars/celebrities that take pictures with their fans - free of charge! This is only Ronnie Coleman. Just watch TMZ.  ;)

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 05:27:27 AM »
20 bucks? cheap motherfukers.
R.I.P. Michael

Moosejay

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 06:28:20 AM »

That does not matter. That is wrong thinking.

You don't ask a barber for a free haircut, do you?

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 06:31:06 AM »
Here is some info for you all, at least, at one time, it was true.

If a BB had an IFBB contract, they'd guest pose, and, if the fee were, let's say, $5,000, it would be sent to the IFBB.

The bb would not get that money. They were already paid by the IFBB as part of their contract.

Also, they'd sign photos for 'free'.

Meaning, the photos were provided by the IFBB, sent to the promoter, the promoter would set up a table with the photos, and the bb would sign them, without ADDITIONAL charge to the fans.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2008, 10:49:33 AM »
That does not matter. That is wrong thinking.

You don't ask a barber for a free haircut, do you?

wrong analogy...but Im but surprised you wouldn't see that.  Autographing isn't his job.  If I asked him to go through his posing routine or train for an hour while I watched I would expect to pay...I.E G4P.  All he was doing was asking for an autograph.

To charge for that is tool behavior...end of thread

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2008, 11:41:40 AM »
wrong analogy...but Im but surprised you wouldn't see that.  Autographing isn't his job.  If I asked him to go through his posing routine or train for an hour while I watched I would expect to pay...I.E G4P.  All he was doing was asking for an autograph.

To charge for that is tool behavior...end of thread

What do you do for a living?

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »

Joke. Lie. If you had a digital camera...you would have taken a distance shot or something of them before you appoarched them.  They wouldnt even be aware.  So...show us Ronnie and the woman at the bar or whatever.  
Oh...Monica!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
What do you do for a living?

IT, and if someone came up to me asked me to spend an hour troubleshooting their laptop I would expect something in exchange.  If they came up and asked for my autograph because I am a fan-fucking-tastic IT guy...then I would give it to them....free of charge.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
marcus is cheap hahaha
$

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
It didn't happen to me, was a quote from BB.com.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109609621

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »

The reason why other bodybuilders do not charge for an autograph is because no one would pay for them.  If no one would pay Lou for his autograph I am pretty sure he would either quit writing them or just give them away.  But, it is obvious people are willing to pay for it.  Have you ever been to an autograph signing.  The stars charge and if they don't it is because the promoter has paid them to appear and they are obligated to sign for free.  Most people will give their autograph away but in a controlled environment they will charge.  Plus, why give away something that others will make money on by selling it on Ebay.  No matter what you guys say I used to be able to sell my signed 8 x 10 for $10. I made pretty good money doing it too. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 06:02:55 PM »
The reason why other bodybuilders do not charge for an autograph is because no one would pay for them.  If no one would pay Lou for his autograph I am pretty sure he would either quit writing them or just give them away.  But, it is obvious people are willing to pay for it.  Have you ever been to an autograph signing.  The stars charge and if they don't it is because the promoter has paid them to appear and they are obligated to sign for free.  Most people will give their autograph away but in a controlled environment they will charge.  Plus, why give away something that others will make money on by selling it on Ebay.  No matter what you guys say I used to be able to sell my signed 8 x 10 for $10. I made pretty good money doing it too. 

Lou sells very FEW autographs, even at The Arnold.

And NO ONE makes money on ebay selling Lou's autograph-in fact the last time there was an 8x10 signed pic it didnt even sell for $5.

Here is everything about Lou for sell on ebay;

59 items-only 4, just 4 out of 59, have bidders. Meaning 93% of Lou's items dont/wont sell. Pathetic.

http://search.ebay.com/lou-ferrigno_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
Lou sells very FEW autographs, even at The Arnold.

And NO ONE makes money on ebay selling Lou's autograph-in fact the last time there was an 8x10 signed pic it didnt even sell for $5.

Here is everything about Lou for sell on ebay;

59 items-only 4, just 4 out of 59, have bidders. Meaning 93% of Lou's items dont/wont sell. Pathetic.

http://search.ebay.com/lou-ferrigno_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40

Lou sells a ton of shit at Comicon.  No one makes anything at BB shows.  I think people are waiting for him to die, then his autograph will be worth more