Author Topic: IN YOUR FACE!!!! Obama opposes slavery reparations  (Read 1818 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
IN YOUR FACE!!!! Obama opposes slavery reparations
« on: August 02, 2008, 06:53:21 AM »

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama opposes offering reparations to the descendants of slaves, putting him at odds with some black groups and leaders.

ADVERTISEMENT

The man with a serious chance to become the nation's first black president argues that government should instead combat the legacy of slavery by improving schools, health care and the economy for all.

"I have said in the past — and I'll repeat again — that the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed," the Illinois Democrat said recently.

Some two dozen members of Congress are co-sponsors of legislation to create a commission that would study reparations — that is, payments and

CONT. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080802/ap_on_el_pr/obama_slavery_reparations

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Re: IN YOUR FACE!!!! Obama opposes slavery reparations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 09:01:11 AM »
Obama ain't going into the hood any time soon. When a black candidate starts saying things that make caucasians' nipples hard with happiness... Watch out! Let's read between the lines: Obama WILL NOT help the African American community. That is his intended message.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 12:14:09 PM »
Total flip flop.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/07/28/news/story05.html
"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."

His opinions change with who he is talking too, but don't worry he really doesn't stand for or by anything.
Only a total douche would throw his grandma under the bus.
I am just glad he got called out by all of the media for race baiting.
Z

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 12:20:41 PM »

“It is this world, a world where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where white folks' greed runs a world in need, apartheid in one hemisphere, apathy in another hemisphere... That’s the world! On which hope sits!” [p.293, Dreams of my father]

“Only Malcolm X's autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me; the blunt poetry of his words, his unadorned insistence on respect, promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline, forged through sheer force of will. All the other stuff, the talk of blue-eyed devils and apocalypse, was incidental to that program, I decided, religious baggage that Malcolm himself seemed to have safely abandoned toward the end of his life. And yet, even as I imagined myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed me. He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that tan through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother and my grandparents at some uncharted border.” [p.86, Dreams of my father]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Total flip flop.

http://starbulletin.com/2008/07/28/news/story05.html
"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."

I wonder how he will reconcile this? 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:59:36 PM »
I wonder how he will reconcile this? 

Why should he?

Improving schools, health care. Hell, The US has broken EVERY SINGLE treaty it has had with Native American tribes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »
i wonder what he meant by 'offer deeds'.

very vague, which gives him wiggle room. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »
i wonder what he meant by 'offer deeds'.

very vague, which gives him wiggle room. 

There's no need to wonder. He clarified any vagueness or ambiguity in the minds of others when he said

"the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed" -- Barack Obama

Nobody with any common sense is going to tell you reparations for African Americans of the diaspora is going to come in the form of a cheque. It's impossible  incalculable. Anyone with a lick of sense knows this. Only those who want to feed into fears will suggest such a thing.
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 06:53:49 PM »
There's no need to wonder. He clarified any vagueness or ambiguity in the minds of others when he said

"the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed" -- Barack Obama

Nobody with any common sense is going to tell you reparations for African Americans of the diaspora is going to come in the form of a cheque. It's impossible  incalculable. Anyone with a lick of sense knows this. Only those who want to feed into fears will suggest such a thing.

Damn it. I was gonna invest in FUBU stock.  >:(

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 07:22:04 PM »

Don't worry.

He's just changing his story so people will vote for him.

Again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
Why should he?

Improving schools, health care. Hell, The US has broken EVERY SINGLE treaty it has had with Native American tribes.

He should square his inconsistent statements.  He's either for or against reparations.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 08:36:23 PM »

Go ahead and do it. FUBU has some nice stuff that sells well. I really like some of their higher end merchandise.
Not too fond of their casual wear, but they've got some nice men's suits http://www.fubu.com/mainpage.html
w

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »
Go ahead and do it. FUBU has some nice stuff that sells well. I really like some of their higher end merchandise.
Not too fond of their casual wear, but they've got some nice men's suits http://www.fubu.com/mainpage.html

Garbage.. It'll always be a cheap namesake for the "lower" class.. much like Stanford suits for white guys.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:27 PM »
Garbage.. It'll always be a cheap namesake for the "lower" class.. much like Stanford suits for white guys.

I'll take your word for it since I'm not too familiar with men's suits except Armani.  :-\

In any event, there's no denying the brand has experienced tremendous success in a relatively short period of time.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 12:12:36 AM »

FUBU suits?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I will say they ara step above Stafford from JC penny  lol

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 12:20:37 AM »
I swear these rappers are going to destroy obama, anyone see the BET (Black entertainment Television) awards.."Barack up in this guy" "We gonna Obama these white bitches"

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 02:26:22 AM »
I swear these rappers are going to destroy obama, anyone see the BET (Black entertainment Television) awards.."Barack up in this ####" "We gonna Obama these white bitches"

Last I heard BET is no longer Black owned. It was bought a looooonng time ago by Viacom.
w

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 02:55:21 AM »
Last I heard BET is no longer Black owned. It was bought a looooonng time ago by Viacom.
hmmmmm, so Robert johnson sold every share? he still owns a piece of the charlotte bobcats, a major piece, along with Michael Jordan and Nelly.