Author Topic: Judge: Nancy Grace Suicide Lawsuit Can Proceed  (Read 961 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Judge: Nancy Grace Suicide Lawsuit Can Proceed
« on: August 02, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »
This could definitely have a "chilling" effect on commentators, particularly aggressive ones like Nancy Grace. 

Judge: Nancy Grace Suicide Lawsuit Can Proceed
August 1, 2008 02:59 PM EST | 

OCALA, Fla. — A federal judge has refused to dismiss a lawsuit that claims CNN's Nancy Grace pushed the mother of a missing toddler to suicide through aggressive questioning.

CNN and Grace argued the wrongful death lawsuit brought by Melinda Duckett's family would "severely chill" journalists' coverage of missing-persons cases. But U.S. District Judge William Terrell Hodges on Thursday denied their motion to dismiss the lawsuit.

Duckett, 21, was on Grace's show after her son Trenton went missing from her apartment in August 2006. Grace grilled the woman, accusing her of hiding something because Duckett did not take a lie-detector test and answered vaguely regarding her whereabouts.

Duckett fatally shot herself before the network aired the pre-taped interview.

The family claims Grace's intense questioning caused severe emotional distress that led to the suicide. The lawsuit also claims that the decision to air the interview after her suicide caused the family to suffer severe emotional distress and media and public harassment. They are seeking a jury trial, unspecified damages more than $15,000 and punitive damages.

Duckett family attorney Jay Paul Deratany said attorneys will begin taking testimony.

"There is more information out there to be gleaned," said Deratany. "If Melinda had any information, Nancy Grace stopped the investigation in its track."

Police have said Duckett is the only suspect in her son's disappearance.

A message left Friday for an attorney representing Grace and CNN were not immediately returned.

CNN is a division of Time Warner Inc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/01/judge-nancy-grace-suicide_n_116359.html

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Judge: Nancy Grace Suicide Lawsuit Can Proceed
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:03:33 PM »
it's always the women lawyers or judges who are on power trips. I can't stand nancy grace or the other one on fox Jeanine Pirro.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:07:10 PM »
Good job Nancy. Way to bring swift justice, with little or no cost to the taxpayer.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »
Nancy Grace is a drama queen. 

That said this "case" is so fucking stupid it is embarrassing.  Responsibility belongs to the weak human being who killed their self.  I would hope any like minded people would do the same as to not contaminate the rest of the world with such weak minded ideology and somehow procreating.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:34 PM »
women on power trips. .

that makes her hot in my book ;) haha

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 02:14:58 PM »
that makes her hot in my book ;) haha

I can go with that too, just as long as she opens her cock-holster when I am ready.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
nancy grace is the rush limbaugh of man-hating perpetual victims who sit home watching courttv all day, seething about how their hubby left them for a younger hotter model, when the truth is they became cnuts and stopped doing cardio.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
I can't believe that stupid bitch is still on AND up to the same no good accusations without any basis in reality.  Can't believe she doesn't land her ass in court more often.  I don't think it will change commentators unless they're doing the same crap Nancy Disgrace does and I just haven't seen that kind of irresponsible shit anywhere but her show.  That bitch acts like she's the judge jury and executioner.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:00:09 PM »
I like her.  She's arrogant and a bit too confident, but she usually speaks truth.  A true law and order victims' advocate if there ever was one. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
she's obnoxious and sometimes you just wanna split her grille with a 2x4, but I watch her a lot of nights when larry king sucks and hannity is boring.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »
she's an irresponsible psycho.