Author Topic: Question about bodybuilders who "retire"  (Read 1362 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Question about bodybuilders who "retire"
« on: August 02, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »
I don't follow mainstream sports so let me ask. In bodybuilding very few guys officially announce their retirement from competition, they just stop showing up at shows. Are other sports like this or isn't it usual for the guy to announce that's it? Just curious. Thanks.

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Question about bodybuilders who "retire"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 05:50:21 PM »
Mainstream sports have fans and so those athletes announce their retirement.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
Mainstream sports have fans and so those athletes announce their retirement.
haha good one tom!
w

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 05:59:28 PM »
I don't follow mainstream sports so let me ask. In bodybuilding very few guys officially announce their retirement from competition, they just stop showing up at shows. Are other sports like this or isn't it usual for the guy to announce that's it? Just curious. Thanks.

In this "sport", it's the bodybuilder's doctors who diagnose, treat, and announce their "retirement"
just not good enough

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 06:04:56 PM »
IFBB superstar IFBB poor needle loving roid monkey has decided to retire after a long and successful career in the IFBB. 's doctor said that he had to quit now because his kidneys, liver and heart were 1 step from destruction.. The superstar that has set a great example for young people worldwide is now looking to put the focus and determination that he learned through bodybuilding to pursue a new career. The former pro and uneducated moron is now looking to pursue a career as a McDonalds employee, while starting his own line of cool shoes. He is awaiting huge medical bills during the next 5 years, and he can not pay for medical insurance.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »
few bodybuilders are financial secure enough to actually retire...chris cormier is the perfect example..looking for one more 10K check
I

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »
IFBB superstar IFBB poor needle loving roid monkey has decided to retire after a long and successful career in the IFBB. 's doctor said that he had to quit now because his kidneys, liver and heart were 1 step from destruction.. The superstar that has set a great example for young people worldwide is now looking to put the focus and determination that he learned through bodybuilding to pursue a new career. The former pro and uneducated moron is now looking to pursue a career as a McDonalds employee, while starting his own line of cool shoes. He is awaiting huge medical bills during the next 5 years, and he can not pay for medical insurance.
;D

Or, said superstar will attempt to defy all odds and rewrite the typical inspiration story of "lance armstrong" by continuing to compete in competitive bodybuilding...a true hero
just not good enough

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 06:12:03 PM »
also look at it this way, the next Mr.Getbig champ will earn more than 85% of most pros..hell, that goes for the 2nd and 3rd places as well
I

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »
;D

Or, said superstar will attempt to defy all odds and rewrite the typical inspiration story of "lance armstrong" by continuing to compete in competitive bodybuilding...a true hero

"IFBB superstar and role model Long Dong is a moron man like nobody else. He experienced severe kidney problems a few years ago because of his drug abuse and is now undergoing dialysis 3 times a week. This setback would derail any sensible person most professional athletes, but not Long Dong. Through amazing stupidity, recklessness and disrespect for his sister who gave him a fucking kidney willpower, guts and glory he has overcome these medical problems to once again put his life on the line for a worthless trophy compete at his belowed IFBB pro stage. "My family thinks Im a stupid son of a bitch and my mother is crying herself to sleep every night because of me has been behind me 100%" said Dong. "Without them I could not have done it". Flex Magazine can turn even the stupidest story into something that makes the scam artists money by fooling dumb 14 year olds can not agree more. We are all moved by this inspiration of a man".

::)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 06:31:43 PM »
"IFBB superstar and role model Long Dong is a moron man like nobody else. He experienced severe kidney problems a few years ago because of his drug abuse and is now undergoing dialysis 3 times a week. This setback would derail any sensible person most professional athletes, but not Long Dong. Through amazing stupidity, recklessness and disrespect for his sister who gave him a fucking kidney willpower, guts and glory he has overcome these medical problems to once again put his life on the line for a worthless trophy compete at his belowed IFBB pro stage. "My family thinks Im a stupid son of a bitch and my mother is crying herself to sleep every night because of me has been behind me 100%" said Dong. "Without them I could not have done it". Flex Magazine can turn even the stupidest story into something that makes the scam artists money by fooling dumb 14 year olds can not agree more. We are all moved by this inspiration of a man".

::)

I see a "lifetime" family movie special in the works
just not good enough

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »
You lost me after you put 'bodybuilding' and 'sport' in the same sentence.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 10:44:31 PM »
;D

Cue Tom Prince, Don Long, Flex Wheeler....etcetera...
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »

Well, in legitimate sports, with actual mainstream appeal, the athletes have to announce retirement. They are often times under contract with teams and sponsors, so they are required to make it official. Whereas in comp. bbing, nobody outside of some muscle worshipers gives a fuck, as there will always be a new drug abusing "plaything" that will come along and take a competitors' place.

Could you imagine ESPN speculating if bber "a" is hanging up his thong?  ::)
HAHA, RON.....