Author Topic: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To . . .  (Read 1952 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To . . .
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:26:49 PM »
To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To Dress Up Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot At Them

Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran.

In Hersh’s most recent article, he reports that this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

During the journalism conference event, I asked Hersh specifically about this meeting and if he could elaborate on what occurred. Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them. This idea, intended to provoke an Iran war, was ultimately rejected:

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.

Hersh argued that one of the things the Bush administration learned during the encounter in the Strait of Hormuz was that, “if you get the right incident, the American public will support” it.

“Look, is it high school? Yeah,” Hersh said. “Are we playing high school with you know 5,000 nuclear warheads in our arsenal? Yeah we are. We’re playing, you know, who’s the first guy to run off the highway with us and Iran.”

Transcript:

HERSH: There was a meeting. Among the items considered and rejected — which is why the New Yorker did not publish it, on grounds that it wasn’t accepted — one of the items was why not…

There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up. Might cost some lives.

And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.

So I can understand the argument for not writing something that was rejected — uh maybe. My attitude always towards editors is they’re mice training to be rats.

But the point is jejune, if you know what that means. Silly? Maybe. But potentially very lethal. Because one of the things they learned in the incident was the American public, if you get the right incident, the American public will support bang-bang-kiss-kiss. You know, we’re into it.

…What happened in the Gulf was, in the Straits, in early January, the President was just about to go to the Middle East for a visit. So that was one reason they wanted to gin it up. Get it going.

Look, is it high school? Yeah. Are we playing high school with you know 5,000 nuclear warheads in our arsenal? Yeah we are. We’re playing, you know, who’s the first guy to run off the highway with us and Iran.

w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: To Provoke War, Cheney Considered Proposal To . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Maybe they should have just hired Blackwater to do the job

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »
probably intentionaly released propaganda to show they wouldn't consider any sort of thing which means of course they would never consider involvment in 9/11 as an inside job.

Looks like these last months are being spent on damage control.  tying up loose ends.  The anthrax case which is a huge scam imo; and now this making them look like oh they would never dare.  Not Americans on Americans!  One biggie remains and I'm sure we'll get it soon...  What happened to the WMD ::)  yes, yes, in the end, Bush will be such a hero and liberals, only the evil that tried to stand in his way who are, by default, aiding Al Qaeda ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
probably intentionaly released propaganda to show they wouldn't consider any sort of thing which means of course they would never consider involvment in 9/11 as an inside job.

Looks like these last months are being spent on damage control.  tying up loose ends.  The anthrax case which is a huge scam imo; and now this making them look like oh they would never dare.  Not Americans on Americans!  One biggie remains and I'm sure we'll get it soon...  What happened to the WMD ::)  yes, yes, in the end, Bush will be such a hero and liberals, only the evil that tried to stand in his way who are, by default, aiding Al Qaeda ::)

Anthrax case closed today, blamed on a dead man.
Iraq and Afghanistan will be declared wins.
Osama will likely be found dead.
DC Madam offs herself a week before testifying against big names.

Everyone gets pardoned.

Tying off loose ends for history.  Bush will declare that he got bin laden, solved the anthrax case, won two wars, etc.  (smart) People in our day and age will know it's all bullshite, but historically, people will just swallow it at face value.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 08:54:31 PM »
Anthrax case closed today, blamed on a dead man.
Iraq and Afghanistan will be declared wins.
Osama will likely be found dead.
DC Madam offs herself a week before testifying against big names.

Everyone gets pardoned.

Tying off loose ends for history.  Bush will declare that he got bin laden, solved the anthrax case, won two wars, etc.  (smart) People in our day and age will know it's all bullshite, but historically, people will just swallow it at face value.
yup... I give up... who the fuck did I think I was lol...  I thought perhaps there were enough voices to make a difference and that I was playing a small part in that... LOL, what a fucking dipshit I've been...  I'm joining the sheep.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »

yes I thought the same thing   8)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »
You'll never see the evidence against this guy.  This week we've heard what a psycho is was.  He had some Sorority obsession, He flipped out after finding out they were coming after him and said he would make a last stand.  We're supposed to see what a nut he is and ask no more.  The one thing I guarantee on my life is this is not the whole story and that the whole story is most certainly not what they want to be known.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
yup... I give up... who the fuck did I think I was lol...  I thought perhaps there were enough voices to make a difference and that I was playing a small part in that... LOL, what a fucking dipshit I've been...  I'm joining the sheep.

Actually...

The majority of americans don't buy 911... Rudy getting bounced, and zogby polls, show that.
the rest of the world didn't buy 911... we had zero support for our oil wars, no coalition other than 2 secretaries from 10 nations like greenland.

S America is building an alliance.
Rus/China/Iran was forced to align to protect against us.

Bush got some oil and bases, and the military companies got rich.
The dollar took a 40% hit in value.

Americans know.  Another false flag wouldn't work.  You wouldn't have a million kids joining up, you wouldn't have support for another war.  Cheney and crew legally got away with it, but thanks to the web and people who spent their time talking about it and analyzing the topics and working within in the law to change and educate, things are changing.

Remember 2 years ago?  I think 3 or 4 of us were curious about 911.
Today?  I think only 2-3 people here believe the official story.  The other dozen posters and 200 normal viewers... they get it... 911 stinks, was allowed to happen, something.

Fearmongering doesn't work anymore.  People are onto it.  It'll be another 40 years (gap between JFK and 911 coincidentally) before another false flag convinces people... even then, web availability of info might make it so people don't fall for it again.

we live in an incredible time.  I'm sure Bush and crew never saw the idiot kids on the blog brining down their big lie.  But they did it.  japanese PM opening 911 investigation, UN human rights committee calling for investigation.  And just wait til Bush retires and people start coming fwd.  whew...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
Actually...

The majority of americans don't buy 911... Rudy getting bounced, and zogby polls, show that.
the rest of the world didn't buy 911... we had zero support for our oil wars, no coalition other than 2 secretaries from 10 nations like greenland.

S America is building an alliance.
Rus/China/Iran was forced to align to protect against us.

Bush got some oil and bases, and the military companies got rich.
The dollar took a 40% hit in value.

Americans know.  Another false flag wouldn't work.  You wouldn't have a million kids joining up, you wouldn't have support for another war.  Cheney and crew legally got away with it, but thanks to the web and people who spent their time talking about it and analyzing the topics and working within in the law to change and educate, things are changing.

Remember 2 years ago?  I think 3 or 4 of us were curious about 911.
Today?  I think only 2-3 people here believe the official story.  The other dozen posters and 200 normal viewers... they get it... 911 stinks, was allowed to happen, something.

Fearmongering doesn't work anymore.  People are onto it.  It'll be another 40 years (gap between JFK and 911 coincidentally) before another false flag convinces people... even then, web availability of info might make it so people don't fall for it again.

we live in an incredible time.  I'm sure Bush and crew never saw the idiot kids on the blog brining down their big lie.  But they did it.  japanese PM opening 911 investigation, UN human rights committee calling for investigation.  And just wait til Bush retires and people start coming fwd.  whew...

but the problem, the last few months, especially the last few weeks have shown me they're able to adapt and reorganize.  It was a miracle that this many people were able to coordinate on a BS story.  But now that the major elements are being erroded without notice...  Oh hell, when they're done psyoping our asses on all these individual elements, there won't be anything left.  I hate to say it, but advantage always goes to the guy hiding in the dark.  I see the doubters facing a checkmate shorty.  This is lost.  I hate to say it, just calling the field the way I see it.  Sad day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
the only checkmate is that all of us eventually die lol... we're all pwned by mortality.  Poor and powerful alike!

In this world, of course the bad guys are always going to get away with it.  But they have to sit in their recliners in old age and face the unknown next with the blood on their hands, we don't.  It's a weight I sure wouldn't want on my shoulders.

We all know there will never be hearings... but public record, and world history/legacy, are something else.  maybe 911 inside job, maybe cooperation, maybe something else, who knows.... history will break the case though.  Documents will be unclassified, and others will come fwd

Same with WMD, same with oil wars, etc.  Nobody gets away with anything in this world, baby.  We all take the same route.  IMO it's all pre-determined anyway.  Do we really believe that the big bag, the universe fabric, the millions of galaxies, all moving in their predertermined path... yet WE have free choice?  Nah, we're just products of our environments and ingrained instincts.  The serotonin in my brain, oxygen in my umbilical cord, and gun-totin republican dad made me the CTer that I am.  Just like the sheltered upbringing, small penis and fear of own shadow makes some neotaint members what they are.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

the best place to hide the truth is among a bunch of lies

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
we're all pwned by mortality. 

but that's not even true, otherwise we would not be living out plans set forth by people long ago dead and I promise you, we are.  The most powerful men do not go into the dark without setting a course.  This is the ultimate purpose behind certain set societies.  I have seen an awakening in the public and I now see its certain death in the face of a more equipped foe.  Again, the guy hiding in the dark has the advantage and the guy hiding in the dark that set the setting is near invincible.  This is game over.  I know a checkmate when I see it.