Author Topic: U.S. (BUSH) extends Mexico truck program despite objections  (Read 3063 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
U.S. (BUSH) extends Mexico truck program despite objections
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »
Even Savage was ripping bush and the republicans on this one.

So much for homeland security and keeping JOBS in the USA  fvckhead

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Bush administration on Monday extended a test program allowing long-haul trucks from Mexico full access to U.S. highways for up to two years, despite pending legislation in Congress to shut it down.

"We intend this extension to reassure trucking companies that they will have sufficient time to realize a return on their investment, and we anticipate additional participation with this extra time," said John Hill, the Transportation Department's top trucking safety regulator.

Participation has been limited, regulators said, because of political wrangling about the program's future.

Organized labor, highway safety and consumer groups have fiercely opposed the initiative, which was permitted under NAFTA -- the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Trucks from Mexico have historically been confined to U.S. border areas where they offload goods to be trucked by American companies.

Last year, regulators approved a one-year pilot program to allow a limited number of Mexican trucks full access to U.S. roads over congressional objections. American trucks were also allowed to operate in Mexico.

Ten U.S. carriers with 55 trucks and 27 Mexican carriers with 107 trucks have participated in the program as of July without incident, U.S. and Mexican officials said.

They also said vehicles participating in the program meet safety requirements. But officials from U.S.-based unions say disputed safety issues remain unresolved.

Last week, the House of Representatives Transportation Committee voted to end the pilot as scheduled next month. The bill also requires congressional authority to restart the initiative The panel's chairman, Rep. James Oberstar, was furious at the move by transportation regulators, which occurred as Congress began a month-long recess.

"I intend to move our bill as quickly as possible and make certain that the voice of Congress is heard loud and clear at the Department of Transportation and that this program is finally shut down," the Minnesota Democrat said in a statement.

(Reporting b

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: U.S. (BUSH) extends Mexico truck program despite objections
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:25:21 PM »
Hi, NAU.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 10:37:29 PM »

Savage is a fan of neither Republicans or Bush from what I hear.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:19:36 PM »

So much for homeland security and keeping JOBS in the USA  fvckhead

Homeland Security was going to keep jobs in the US?  Bush was going to?  The Republicans? LOL...  The only major place you'll get close to that is with a faction of dems who are anti to all these free trade treaties and shit. Non of that has come from DHS, Bush or Republicans and the dems are split on it, but at least there are many there who are pissed and want something done... including, the last I checked, Obama.  This is why labor is behind the dems.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 04:26:38 PM »
This right here is such bull shit,  Where are the nipple whores on this ones?

Where are you?

Do you think giving the job of hard working AMERICAN TRUCKERS away to the mexicans is good thing?   Is it a conservative thing aimed at helping AMERICANS?

WTF?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »
You asshats talk about the need to non-judge wire-tapping yet are you OK with some strange mexican national having free access to AMERICAN highways with what ever it put in his truck?

OMFG.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 04:43:25 PM »
Well I know a lot of truckers unhappy about the fact that they have to stop at the Mexican border,
...while the Mexicans can fuel up for pennies per gallon, on the Mexican side, ...and they're restricted to paying $5/ gallon stateside.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »
BUMP

where are you BUSH whores?

I want an explanation!
 ;D

please enlighten me on this.   I am willing to learn.

My question is will the mexican truck drivers at least speak and read english?
 ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »
BUMP

where are you BUSH whores?

I want an explanation!
 ;D

please enlighten me on this.   I am willing to learn.

My question is will the mexican truck drivers at least speak and read english?
 ::)

How is it any different from thousands of other companies outsourcing labor? There a reason you're crying about this specifically?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »
How is it any different from thousands of other companies outsourcing labor? There a reason you're crying about this specifically?

There's some differences.

-  This is outsourcing jobs IN the USA versus sending them oversees. 
-  There will be non-english speaking, non-english reading, non-state licensed drivers driving semi trucks all over our highways. 
-  There likely to be a security risk involved whether it will be from the truck driver or what the truck driver is hauling.
-  It will directly take jobs away from US citizens in there own country and give them to foreigners.

Now i know you are not a BUSH fan.   But i'd like to hear what a BUSH fan has to say about this.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 05:29:30 PM »
Mexicans driving their piece of shit non-DOT standard trucks who can't speak English or understand English driving on our freeways is idiotic and dangerous.

Outsourcing jobs to Mexicans/Indians or any other country who can answer phones, speak good English is tough shit for Americans. 

We American consumers need to notify manufacturers and distributors to inform them we want to pay higher prices for goods sold so that way a Union guy can get paid 40 dollars an hour to stock my grocery shelves, make my cloths, drive a forklift and get 30 days paid vacation a year and work no more than 8 hours a day without double pay.

GTFOH...with that whiny crap!  I will buy from Mexico if it's 50% less, sorry Union people, if you were 50% less than Mexico I would buy from Union people.  Capitalism wins again.

Are some companies using this scenario as a guise to make more money and stuff it in the pockets of the brass...unfortunately yes they are.  Find out who and lets boycott them or think of another way to hurt them.

OH yea I just bought a .45 caliber Kimber Team Match II made in America $1300 bucks, if it's worth it I will pay more for it.  There is a very real moral to my story here.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
Mexicans driving their piece of shit non-DOT standard trucks who can't speak English or understand English driving on our freeways is idiotic and dangerous.

Outsourcing jobs to Mexicans/Indians or any other country who can answer phones, speak good English is tough shit for Americans. 

We American consumers need to notify manufacturers and distributors to inform them we want to pay higher prices for goods sold so that way a Union guy can get paid 40 dollars an hour to stock my grocery shelves, make my cloths, drive a forklift and get 30 days paid vacation a year and work no more than 8 hours a day without double pay.

GTFOH...with that whiny crap!  I will buy from Mexico if it's 50% less, sorry Union people, if you were 50% less than Mexico I would buy from Union people.  Capitalism wins again.

Are some companies using this scenario as a guise to make more money and stuff it in the pockets of the brass...unfortunately yes they are.  Find out who and lets boycott them or think of another way to hurt them.

OH yea I just bought a .45 caliber Kimber Team Match II made in America $1300 bucks, if it's worth it I will pay more for it.  There is a very real moral to my story here.
I don't think you are going see to any difference in prices because goods are delivered form mexico from mexican truck drivers.  It only benefits the companies who have to pay the truck drivers and the end cost of those goods are effected very little by the wage of the truck driver.

If you want to buy mexican goods, do what i do.  go to mexico.  but i don;t want  all the things listed above to happen just because some greedy asshole doesn't want to pay AMERICAN wages for AMERICAN workers to do work in AMERICA.

AND......if that's how capitalism is supposed to win then why even have borders?  why even have a country?  why even have a constitution?  Fuck it.  Let corporate charters become our constitution and all work gets awarded to the lowest bidder that we can all live like dirty world countries do. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 05:42:42 PM »
Yeah, we could let become like it was in the 1930's in West Virginia when coal mine companies didn't even pay you in cash.  they paid you in credits that were only good at their stores on there property.

Great fvcking existence!

This is called the communist side of capitalism.  It's the hidden agenda of Wal Mart.  Squeeze out the small business man and any other competition and FORCE people to buy from them. 

Sorry, i don't know if it's a liberal or conservative thing....but i'm for the small business man.  It's what makes america what it's supposed to be.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
Yeah, we could let become like it was in the 1930's in West Virginia when coal mine companies didn't even pay you in cash.  they paid you in credits that were only good at their stores on there property.

Before 1930's really, they actually had one of the biggest wars of americans vs americans due to coal mines. In fact the term rednecks is where that came from, it was the first coal union in the US, and they wore red bandanas during the battle, so they could identify each other.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »
Before 1930's really, they actually had one of the biggest wars of americans vs americans due to coal mines. In fact the term rednecks is where that came from, it was the first coal union in the US, and they wore red bandanas during the battle, so they could identify each other.

I thought it had to do with the farm workers who always got sunburned on the back of their necks.  :-\

So what you're saying is that there was actual precedent for the color-based gang rivalry seen in south central LA
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 06:06:28 PM »
I thought it had to do with the farm workers who always got sunburned on the back of their necks.  :-\

So what you're saying is that there was actual precedent for the color-based gang rivalry seen in south central LA

Well alot of coal miners had farms as well, in fact they were so oppressed the company would hire people to ruin their crops so they would have to rely on the company for food, and pay the company in their "credits" for food.

No, no precedent.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
I don't think you are going see to any difference in prices because goods are delivered form mexico from mexican truck drivers.  It only benefits the companies who have to pay the truck drivers and the end cost of those goods are effected very little by the wage of the truck driver.

If you want to buy mexican goods, do what i do.  go to mexico.  but i don;t want  all the things listed above to happen just because some greedy asshole doesn't want to pay AMERICAN wages for AMERICAN workers to do work in AMERICA.

AND......if that's how capitalism is supposed to win then why even have borders?  why even have a country?  why even have a constitution?  Fuck it.  Let corporate charters become our constitution and all work gets awarded to the lowest bidder that we can all live like dirty world countries do. 

I agree with what you are saying mostly.  I think the point I was trying to emphasize (perhaps not very well) was that we do have the benefit of SOME goods (I even said there are CEO's using it as a guise) being made overseas because the lower costs do translate to more affordability for US consumers.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 07:14:10 PM »
I agree with what you are saying mostly.  I think the point I was trying to emphasize (perhaps not very well) was that we do have the benefit of SOME goods (I even said there are CEO's using it as a guise) being made overseas because the lower costs do translate to more affordability for US consumers.

Yeah i agree with that.  But mexican truckers with free access to American highways is going too far IMO.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
Ten U.S. carriers with 55 trucks and 27 Mexican carriers with 107 trucks have participated in the program as of July without incident, U.S. and Mexican officials said.

I don't like the idea of taking jobs away from Americans by shipping them overseas, but this doesn't sound like much.  Are we sure Americans are losing jobs over this? 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
I don't like the idea of taking jobs away from Americans by shipping them overseas, but this doesn't sound like much.  Are we sure Americans are losing jobs over this? 

Anything a meixcan truck driver is hauling an American truck driver should be hauling.  All for what?

-  There will be non-english speaking, non-english reading, non-state licensed drivers driving semi trucks all over our highways. 
-  There likely to be a security risk involved whether it will be from the truck driver or what the truck driver is hauling.
-  It will directly take jobs away from US citizens in there own country and give them to foreigners.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 07:24:23 PM »
This right here is such bull shit,  Where are the nipple whores on this ones?

Where are you?

Do you think giving the job of hard working AMERICAN TRUCKERS away to the mexicans is good thing?   Is it a conservative thing aimed at helping AMERICANS?

WTF?
I know you weren't talking to me >:(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 07:28:30 PM »
I know you weren't talking to me >:(

Did you want me to talk to you? 
 ???

Are you a mexican trucker?

Are you a nipple whore?

Or do you just like female nipples in general?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »
Sounds like a sucker issue for suckers to talk about.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »
Sounds like a sucker issue for suckers to talk about.

Yeah border security, giving foreign truckers full access to US highways and taking American jobs is a sucker issue  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 07:43:50 PM »
Anything a meixcan truck driver is hauling an American truck driver should be hauling.  All for what?

Has this happened during the pilot program so far?