Author Topic: Planned Parenthood is at it Again!  (Read 1999 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Planned Parenthood is at it Again!
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 01:43:13 PM »
why are you guys arguing about this?  its pretty obvious that neither abstinence nor education on safer sex is working.  honestly, do people in the US think that there is not enough information on safe sex going around?  are there teenagers who dont know how to use a condom?  are there teenagers who don't know what the birth control pill is?  shit i grew up in the 80's and i knew what all this stuff was when i was 9 years old.

the sad fact of the matter is this.  safer sex practices being taught dont work because a) teens figure out after fucking a few times that condoms suck and b) the pill doesnt work 100% of the time because you're relying on a teenager to take it every day consistently.  teenagers are fucking stupid.  period.  and no matter how many times you tell a teenager something at the end of the day they are still fucking stupid.

now with regards to teaching abstinence...  how the fuck do you think we can teach abstinence when we send our teenagers out into a world where sex is thrown at them from 20 different directions every day.  every song on the radio and every show on tv potrays sex as consequence free and glamorous.  we take child stars like britney spears at 15 years old, throw her in a pair of high heels, miniskirt, and thigh highs, dancin around shakin her ass and market this directly towards children.   

sorry people, but as long as two people who dont love eachother are fucking, we're going to have unwanted pregnancy.  and trust me on this.  two teenagers (and most full grown adultsn for that matter) have no idea what it means to love one another. 

i think deep down everyone knows that abortion is the wrong thing to do but we just dont admit it out loud.  remember too that back in the 70's when they were arguing roe v wade, the pro abortion people said that it would solve most of the child abuse and child neglect problems in our country.  35 years later i think we can all agree that that was a big steaming pile of horseshit.

I agree with a lot of this, particularly the part about condoms.  That has been my contention for years:  once kids experience sex with and without a condom they won't consistently use them. 

On the other hand, we can't just give up on training our kids.  I don't have a problem with the government promoting healthy, smart lifestyle choices.  We may not impact everyone, but I'm sure we help a lot of young people by encouraging them to make smart choices. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 02:44:09 PM »
Bush did.
Rudy did.
Hannity did.
Mitt did.
Coulter did.
Limbaugh did.

Sounds like you're at odds with the leaders and talking voices of your party.  ouch!

Don't get me wrong.. I would prefer any one of those over him as the nominee.

He's a "maverick" remember? ;D

Do you honestly see him and Obama on the same level?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 02:56:22 PM »
I agree with a lot of this, particularly the part about condoms.  That has been my contention for years:  once kids experience sex with and without a condom they won't consistently use them. 

On the other hand, we can't just give up on training our kids.  I don't have a problem with the government promoting healthy, smart lifestyle choices.  We may not impact everyone, but I'm sure we help a lot of young people by encouraging them to make smart choices. 
True, Beach.  My argument is that, overall, the decline of morals within our society is what brings us to the point that we are placing "band-aid" solutions in front of teaching our young people about the fine qualities of respect, honor and dignity, the qualities that they will learn to look for in others as they get to the appropriate age.  We owe our children that much.  I think the "ME" generation baby-booomers have screwed us up enough.  It's time we do away with that mindset. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »
True, Beach.  My argument is that, overall, the decline of morals within our society is what brings us to the point that we are placing "band-aid" solutions in front of teaching our young people about the fine qualities of respect, honor and dignity, the qualities that they will learn to look for in others as they get to the appropriate age.  We owe our children that much.  I think the "ME" generation baby-booomers have screwed us up enough.  It's time we do away with that mindset. 

Yeah.  I agree.  We need to do the right thing.  We also need to stop acting like kids are incapable of controlling themselves.