Author Topic: Planned Parenthood is at it Again!  (Read 1997 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Planned Parenthood is at it Again!
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:24 AM »
I cannot believe taxpayers have given over $500million to this group!   >:( >:(    This is the answer to solving the crisis amongst our young people.   ::) >:(    If abstinence wast funded with this kind of money, I guarantee it would have a greater impact on our youth.

http://takecaredownthere.org/#/watch/find-the-sti/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Planned Parenthood is at it Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 07:46:20 AM »
the government’s investment in abstinence-only programming has grown enormously, reaching over one billion dollars in total.

Guess What - this is has been a giant waste of money.

"Now after a decade of extravagant funding, the government’s own long-term research has clearly shown that abstinence-only programs do not delay sexual initiation nor do they reduce rates of either teen pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections (STIs)."

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/factsheet/fshistoryabonly.htm

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

That website is lame and it's obvious the people who put it together were trying really hard to be clever and funny.

Epic fail.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:55:06 AM »
That website is lame and it's obvious the people who put it together were trying really hard to be clever and funny.

Epic fail.

yeah - the facts are a drag. 

Much better to live in fantasy land

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »
yeah - the facts are a drag. 

Much better to live in fantasy land

The comment had nothing to do with the facts on the site.

You totally missed the point.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »

The comment had nothing to do with the facts on the site.

You totally missed the point.

so you agree that the facts are accurate so what is your point

btw - I see nothing clever or funny on that site.

it's mostly just sad how much money we've wasted on a completely worthless effort

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 08:06:47 AM »

it's mostly just sad how much money we've wasted on a completely worthless effort

My point was only that the skits and actors weren't funny, cute, or clever.  They weren't even talented in the least.  And they were trying to be all of the above.

Accurate or not, they might as we have replaced all the skits with Ben Stein reading lectures on STD's from a podium.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »

He's criticising it's presentation method of communication.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 08:09:35 AM »
My point was only that the skits and actors weren't funny, cute, or clever.  They weren't even talented in the least.  And they were trying to be all of the above.

Accurate or not, they might as we have replaced all the skits with Ben Stein reading lectures on STD's from a podium.

I only looked at the page I linked and I don't see any skits so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 08:16:11 AM »
mitt Romney gave them a pile of money.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 08:16:23 AM »
I only looked at the page I linked and I don't see any skits so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

No look at the first link in the thread.  It sucks.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 08:20:25 AM »
gotcha - yeah that is pretty weak

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:25:03 AM »

Well they certainly didn't spend it on talent.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 11:30:09 AM »
I cannot believe taxpayers have given over $500million to this group!   >:( >:(    This is the answer to solving the crisis amongst our young people.   ::) >:(    If abstinence wast funded with this kind of money, I guarantee it would have a greater impact on our youth.

I agree. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 11:32:31 AM »

What is the basis for your statement that "Romney gave them a pile of money"?  According to this, his wife donated $150 in 1994. 

Romney's wife donated to Planned Parenthood in 1994
POSTED: 11:09 p.m. EDT, May 10, 2007

From Mark Preston
CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Ann Romney, the wife of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, wrote a $150 check to Planned Parenthood in 1994, a Romney spokesman told CNN Wednesday.

It was the second time this week that a GOP presidential campaign found itself involved in flap over long-ago donations to Planned Parenthood, a group which offers abortions at its affiliated health clinics and advocates for abortion rights.

But "because it was so long ago, Mrs. Romney has no information about the circumstances of the donation," said spokesman Kevin Madden, who noted that the former Massachusetts governor and his wife made a much larger and more recent donation - $15,000 -- to an anti-abortion group, Massachusetts Citizens for Life, last November.

Monday, Politico.com reported that former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and his ex-wife, Donna Hanover, donated a total of $900 to Planned Parenthood affiliates during the 1990s. The political Web site said it had been tipped off to the donations, made public in Giuliani's tax returns, by aides from a rival campaign who declined to be identified.

Both Giuliani and Romney have been facing questions on the campaign trail about their stances on abortion rights.

During his political campaigns in Massachusetts, Romney promised not to interfere with a woman's ability to end her pregnancy, but he has since changed to what he calls a "pro-life" position.

"I've always been personally pro-life, but, for me, it was a great question about whether or not government should intrude in that decision. And when I ran for office (in Massachusetts), I said I'd protect the law as it was, which is effectively a pro-choice position," Romney said during a GOP debate last week.

"About two years ago, when we were studying cloning in our state, I said, 'Look, we have gone too far.' It's a brave new world mentality that Roe vs. Wade has given us, and I changed my mind. I took the same course that Ronald Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush and Henry Hyde took, and I said I was wrong and changed my mind. ... I won't apologize to anybody for becoming pro-life."

Giuliani's long-standing support of abortion rights has proven to be an obstacle for some religious conservatives in the GOP base, who play a key role in the process of picking presidential candidates.

The former mayor has said that while he personally "hates" abortion, he supports a woman's ability to obtain one. However, he has expressed support for a federal ban on late-term abortions, recently upheld by the Supreme Court, and he has also vowed not to lift a ban on using federal money to pay for abortions for poor women, something he advocated as mayor.

During last week's debate, Giuliani said it would be "OK" with him if the Supreme Court overturned Roe vs. Wade, the 1973 decision legalizing abortion. But he said "it would also be OK" if "strict constructionist" judges viewed Roe as precedent and upheld it.

"I think the court has to make that decision and then the country can deal with it," Giuliani said.

In a nod to social conservatives, Giuliani has said he would appoint "strict constructionists" to the federal bench who would interpret law rather than legislating from the bench -- something critics of Roe believe the Supreme Court did back in 1973.

Tuesday, in an appearance on conservative commentator Laura Ingraham's radio show, Giuliani said the donations to Planned Parenthood were not inconsistent with his personal opposition to abortion because the group "makes information available" on other options available to pregnant women, including adoption.

"If there is going to be a choice, there are organizations that are going to give people information about that choice," he said. "I just as strongly support the idea that a woman should have information about adoption."

In addition to abortions, Planned Parenthood offers health and gynecological care, birth control, pregnancy testing, adoption information and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases at 860 affiliated health centers operating under its name, according to the group's Web site.

In 2005, about 265,000 abortion procedures were performed at Planned Parenthood facilities, about 3 percent of the patient services it provided that year, according to statistics posted on its site.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/09/romney.donation/index.html

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 11:53:22 AM »
What is the basis for your statement that "Romney gave them a pile of money"?  According to this, his wife donated $150 in 1994. 
Romney's wife donated to Planned Parenthood in 1994

That, my friend, is an excellent question.

240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 12:05:51 PM »
I see. 

Giving only $150 to pay for teenage abortions isn't that big of a deal, huh?

Beach Bum, what amount of $ do you consider to be a bad thing?  Do you personally donate to PP?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 12:08:19 PM »
I see. 

Beach Bum, what amount of $ do you consider to be a bad thing?  Do you personally donate to PP?

I think it's funny how you conveniently left out those little details.

Why are you consistently bashing conservatives, supporting liberal icons, and yet you claim to be conservative?  I just don't get it 240.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
I think it's funny how you conveniently left out those little details.

Why are you consistently bashing conservatives, supporting liberal icons, and yet you claim to be conservative?  I just don't get it 240.

Both men running are libs, you know this.

Both want to borrow our way into bankruptcy.  Obama wants to give it to welfare moms, mccain wants to give it to military indistrial firms.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 12:12:51 PM »
I see. 

I see.  Running away from your false statement are we?  Who said it wasn't a big deal?  You simply invented facts.  He didn't give a pile of money to Planned Parenthood.  His wife gave them $150.  Why don't you just admit you made that crap up? 

On top of that, you didn't mention that "the former Massachusetts governor and his wife made a much larger and more recent donation - $15,000 -- to an anti-abortion group, Massachusetts Citizens for Life, last November." 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »
Both men running are libs, you know this.

Both want to borrow our way into bankruptcy.  Obama wants to give it to welfare moms, mccain wants to give it to military indistrial firms.

I don't consider McCain a liberal.  The distinction isn't as much as I would have hoped but it's there.  Obama is a tragedy for the country and McCain is merely stagnant as far as progress one way or the other.  You don't see McCain as clearly better?

I supported Romney more than any other, did you?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
I have an idea......

WHY DOESN'T THE GOVERNMENT STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT!?
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »
I don't consider McCain a liberal. 

Bush did.
Rudy did.
Hannity did.
Mitt did.
Coulter did.
Limbaugh did.

Sounds like you're at odds with the leaders and talking voices of your party.  ouch!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
the government’s investment in abstinence-only programming has grown enormously, reaching over one billion dollars in total.

Guess What - this is has been a giant waste of money.

"Now after a decade of extravagant funding, the government’s own long-term research has clearly shown that abstinence-only programs do not delay sexual initiation nor do they reduce rates of either teen pregnancy or sexually transmitted infections (STIs)."

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/factsheet/fshistoryabonly.htm

That’s actually widely spread myth. The biggest and best government-funded study of abstinence programs have only been followed since 2005.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Abstinence/BG1533.cfm

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »
why are you guys arguing about this?  its pretty obvious that neither abstinence nor education on safer sex is working.  honestly, do people in the US think that there is not enough information on safe sex going around?  are there teenagers who dont know how to use a condom?  are there teenagers who don't know what the birth control pill is?  shit i grew up in the 80's and i knew what all this stuff was when i was 9 years old.

the sad fact of the matter is this.  safer sex practices being taught dont work because a) teens figure out after fucking a few times that condoms suck and b) the pill doesnt work 100% of the time because you're relying on a teenager to take it every day consistently.  teenagers are fucking stupid.  period.  and no matter how many times you tell a teenager something at the end of the day they are still fucking stupid.

now with regards to teaching abstinence...  how the fuck do you think we can teach abstinence when we send our teenagers out into a world where sex is thrown at them from 20 different directions every day.  every song on the radio and every show on tv potrays sex as consequence free and glamorous.  we take child stars like britney spears at 15 years old, throw her in a pair of high heels, miniskirt, and thigh highs, dancin around shakin her ass and market this directly towards children.   

sorry people, but as long as two people who dont love eachother are fucking, we're going to have unwanted pregnancy.  and trust me on this.  two teenagers (and most full grown adultsn for that matter) have no idea what it means to love one another. 

i think deep down everyone knows that abortion is the wrong thing to do but we just dont admit it out loud.  remember too that back in the 70's when they were arguing roe v wade, the pro abortion people said that it would solve most of the child abuse and child neglect problems in our country.  35 years later i think we can all agree that that was a big steaming pile of horseshit.