Author Topic: Sen. Chambers Hopes Lawsuit Against God Carries Real Lesson  (Read 538 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Sen. Chambers Hopes Lawsuit Against God Carries Real Lesson
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
 ::)

Sen. Chambers Hopes Lawsuit Against God Carries Real Lesson
Chambers Expresses Surprise At Christians' Violent Reaction To Lawsuit

POSTED: 11:32 am CDT August 5, 2008
UPDATED: 5:42 pm CDT August 5, 2008

OMAHA, Neb. -- A Nebraska senator who filed a lawsuit against God appeared in court Tuesday and demanded the defendant to "cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."

Despite Sen. Ernie Chambers' lack of success in petitioning the defendant, he hopes the lawsuit brings to light his stance that no lawsuit is frivolous until the court decides.

Chambers said state senators periodically have offered bills prohibiting the filing of certain types of suits. He said his main objective is that the constitution requires that the doors to the courthouse be open to all.

"Thus anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody -- even God," Chambers said in 2007.

The lawsuit accuses God "of making and continuing to make terroristic threats of grave harm to innumerable persons, including constituents of Plaintiff who Plaintiff has the duty to represent." It says God has caused "fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues, ferocious famines, devastating droughts, genocidal wars, birth defects and the like."

At the latest hearing on Tuesday, the judge took the case under advisement.

"He may reach a decision on the 12th of never and when that happens I may be crippling around here and I'll say it came to pass on my 120th birthday, and at that point I'll be able to tell that it did come to pass," Chamber said.

Chambers said he's been surprised at how many Christians attacked him and his family after the lawsuit.

He said Baptists, Methodists and Universalists all urged him to leave the lawsuit with them. But he couldn't, he said, because each of them doesn't accept each other's God.

"For all we know, God was sitting in one of the empty chairs in the courtroom today chuckling at the lawsuit, laughing that he made this guy, Chambers -- if you believe in that sort of thing," Chamber said.

Chambers said he began this lawsuit, which has gained national and international attention, because if he would have stood up in the legislature and said everyone needs access to the courts, people would have yawned.

http://www.ketv.com/news/17099764/detail.html

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Sen. Chambers Hopes Lawsuit Against God Carries Real Lesson
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
what a clown.

This is just a small example of the people who are currently running the country.

9% approval rating, at it's best