Author Topic: wow! QUINCY TAYLOR speaks his mind...(don't miss this one!) video  (Read 5453 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: wow! QUINCY TAYLOR speaks his mind...(don't miss this one!) video
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 06:05:07 AM »
4th place or bust!

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:19:12 AM »
http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1676/164/

Damn, he really went off!  :o

I guess he hasn't realized yet, that bodybuilding placings in the pros are 80% based on actions/words OFF of the stage...not on it  :-\
just not good enough

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 06:29:06 AM »

Damn, he really went off!  :o

I guess he hasn't realized yet, that bodybuilding placings in the pros are 80% based on actions/words OFF of the stage...not on it  :-\

The guy has a good point tho!
he's been competing since he was 17 and all he has to show for it is a room full of trophies!
bodybuilding is a VERY expensive endeavor,food,drugs,supplements,entry fees,travel  etc etc (i suck and i spend a ridiculous amount of money every week just on food!)
Quincy has a family (kids) to feed................this sport needs a serious "overhaul!
Laura and i crack up/get pissed that Skateboarding,poker playing,hula hooping all get more coverage on ESpn/TV than bodybuilding!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 06:33:41 AM »
he's been competing since he was 17 and all he has to show for it is a room full of trophies!
bodybuilding is a VERY expensive endeavor,food,drugs,supplements,entry fees,travel  etc etc (i suck and i spend a ridiculous amount of money every week just on food!)
Quincy has a family (kids) to feed................this sport needs a serious "overhaul!
Laura and i crack up/get pissed that Skateboarding,poker playing,hula hooping all get more coverage on ESpn/TV than bodybuilding!

The fact that a SPORTS station spends 20% of it's time showing Poker shows you that something is wrong,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 06:37:33 AM »

mike i love bbing too but skateboarders,poker,motor cross,are not drugged,tanned,in posing suits and represent little in terms of the country's interest,the other sports u mentioned have more general interest and are promoted as such.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:41:54 AM »
I feel bad for him...
Seems like a nice guy but he'll probably never even break the top 10 of the Olympia

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 06:44:43 AM »
mike i love bbing too but skateboarders,poker,motor cross,are not drugged,tanned,in posing suits and represent little in terms of the country's interest,the other sports u mentioned have more general interest and are promoted as such.

I hear what your saying (i love the sport of bodybuilding tho).......so when a "dog-show" or a "wood chopping contest" or "monster -trucks" get more coverage than the MR Olympia(and have much better prize money) .................i see Quincy's point!

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 06:48:04 AM »
he looked great standing alone in the gym, all the height and size, just not enough quality

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 07:07:41 AM »
I hear what your saying (i love the sport of bodybuilding tho).......so when a "dog-show" or a "wood chopping contest" or "monster -trucks" get more coverage than the MR Olympia(and have much better prize money) .................i see Quincy's point!
remember in 9o's it had its shot,musclesport usa with stone and terwilliger,musclemagazine espn,bodyshaping,even gilad every day at least 2 to 3 hrs per day.no more tho.its a lost cause.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 07:14:35 AM »

he acts like bodybuilding DESERVES coveage.

It does not.

Any sport gets coveage that it does because people enjoy watching it.  Only a small % of people enjoy watching shows where men stand onstage in bikinis. 

It's that simple.  He can get mad if he doesn't quite follow the laws of supply and demand.  He chose a sport whose demand for coverage isn't that high.  It was his choice.  He could have chosen law school or bartending just as easily and made more money. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 07:15:10 AM »

Don't forget that 30K he still owes Dave Jacobs.  ;)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »
Does anyone think he was unfairly placed? When specifically?

I don't think so.

I think after this video he showed up looking real sloppy and so got what he deserved.

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »
he acts like bodybuilding DESERVES coveage.

It does not.

Any sport gets coveage that it does because people enjoy watching it.  Only a small % of people enjoy watching shows where men stand onstage in bikinis. 

It's that simple.  He can get mad if he doesn't quite follow the laws of supply and demand.  He chose a sport whose demand for coverage isn't that high.  It was his choice.  He could have chosen law school or bartending just as easily and made more money. 

spot on

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »
Bodybuilding would be much more popular if the US government hadn't made suck a big deal about steroids. I'm not saying it would be as popular as skating or poker but it would probably be on ESPN and it would have a shot at being a sport in the Olympics. But fuck that shit, I rather it be less popular and have steroids involved so us true fans can watch the true Freak's at there FREAKIEST.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 12:01:56 PM »
Every year this guy has a big mouth, and every year nothing's behind.... :D

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »

Maybe he should think about getting a real job. ::)

He knew bodybuilding doesnt pay well (unless you are near the top), and he decided to take that route.

Thats why so many resort to g4p as a means of income. :-\

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
Bodybuilding would be much more popular if the US government hadn't made suck a big deal about steroids. I'm not saying it would be as popular as skating or poker but it would probably be on ESPN and it would have a shot at being a sport in the Olympics. But fuck that shit, I rather it be less popular and have steroids involved so us true fans can watch the true Freak's at there FREAKIEST.

Hardly. The truth is, bbing has always had the "stigma". Hell, look at someone like Arnold, world-known celebrity with great charisma......if HE CANNOT get bbing over with the masses, nobody can. It's a niche.....that's reality. More people can relate to Poker, so that gets on TV.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »

I've been saying this for years. Various companies get richer from using the bbers to sell everything from supps, mags to clothing. Yet the people who sell the stuff, don't get much of a cut. Problem is, the bbers have allowed it to be this way for decades. Nobody wants to "rock the boat". Look at guys like Jay or Coleman....as long as they get their cut, who cares about the others who are starving.... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »
bodybuilding has always been about politics  tho.  :-\
A

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
Maybe he should think about getting a real job. ::)

He knew bodybuilding doesnt pay well (unless you are near the top), and he decided to take that route.

Thats why so many resort to g4p as a means of income. :-\

Exactly...case in point DA.

spinnis

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:35 PM »
HE NEED TO MAN UP AND START G4P,ING

spinnis

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 01:58:07 PM »
STOP COMPLAINING START G4PAYING

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »
STOP COMPLAINING START G4PAYING

"If you ain't G4Paying, you ain't training!"  ;)
just not good enough

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
I just spent the last 30 minutes with him on the phone.  He is in Tampa for some show and then back to Vegas on Sunday then back out to Texas for the Europa.  He sounds great and I hope he does good.  He is really one of the nicest pros out there.  I had no idea he moved back to Vegas. 

I took the guys fishing on a few boats at my show.  After they caught the fish, they were then taken to a local fish restaurant and the cooked what the caught and ate till their hearts were content.  Quincy had his stuffed and mounted and shipped home I think