Author Topic: What is "The Unforgivable Sin?"  (Read 5927 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: What is "The Unforgivable Sin?"
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »
People like feeling comfortable and important; Christianity does that for them. There is still not a shred of evidence for your deity. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world. Does this fact make it true?

Your argument holds no water. Atheists who became Christians don't cite lack of comfort and importance as the reasons for their conversion. They looked for evidence and (news flash!!!!) THEY FOUND IT.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2008, 04:22:52 PM »
jesus dont like killing.no matter what the reasons for.

That's funny! His words, regarding children, were that if any one causes one of them to stray, it would be better if a millstone were tied to his neck and he were thrown into the sea.

Many people would find that to be a suitable punishment for child molesters.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
that was his words huh.why? cause you read they were his words.
DAWG

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2008, 04:42:47 PM »
that was his words huh.why? cause you read they were his words.

Where did you get the idea that "Jesus don't like killing"?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2008, 04:44:56 PM »
Where did you get the idea that "Jesus don't like killing"?

its from a song by john prine.
DAWG

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 05:42:44 PM »
That's funny! His words, regarding children, were that if any one causes one of them to stray, it would be better if a millstone were tied to his neck and he were thrown into the sea.

Many people would find that to be a suitable punishment for child molesters.
This does not mean he approves of certain deaths, he does not like killing. How could you say he does. the statements is true because their consequence for harming children are enevidible not because Jesus likes it if they get killed. In exodus There is a verse that says "God is a man of war", this doesn't mean God likes it when there is war.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2008, 05:57:46 PM »
This does not mean he approves of certain deaths, he does not like killing. How could you say he does. the statements is true because their consequence for harming children are enevidible not because Jesus likes it if they get killed. In exodus There is a verse that says "God is a man of war", this doesn't mean God likes it when there is war.

I'm aware of that. I made that statement in contrast to the idea that somehow, child molesters who happen to be of the cloth, shouldn't be slapped behind bard and executed.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »
The problem is that the screwball claim, regarding "ZERO evidence" for God's existence, has been dismantled more times than I care to count.

You skeppies don't get that; do you? For the better part of two centuries (at least) you've been beating your gums about God not existing. Yet, to your chagrin, you have been unable to destroy the Christian faith. And, lest you forget, a number of the apologetic ministers that you love insulting....WERE ONCE ATHEISTS JUST LIKE YOU!!!

Yet, for some reason, they became Bible-believing Christians. Many of them didn't even grow up in Christian homes or attend Christian schools. So, don't bother hiding behind that, as an excuse.

did I miss something on the news?

what evidence are you talking about?

if you choose to respond please give me the shortest possible version

thanks

OneBigMan

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 04:27:47 PM »
What is "the Unforgivable Sin?"

IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS TOPIC REALLY OVER AND DONE WITH?????????????????

My reason for mentioning that is basically because I sincerely want to say something in relation to that.

This might come off as being unusual so I'll just keep typing away and mention the three cinematic films that defined the Hollywood acting career of Governor Arnold. I'm referring to T1 T2 & T3 and my reason is that has any of you reading this post ever taken one thing seriously from that which is the fictional character that was portrayed by Miss Hamilton in T1 and T2.

What made even decide to mention any of this is one thing that I saw at a Barnes & Noble bookstore that caught my attention and left me almost speechless. I was walking by the whole postcard rack on my way to the magazine section and I saw a postcard with the photo of a actress I would rather not name who was posing with a infant inside her stomach. When I saw that I immediately began to think about what was mentioned vaguely as the meaning of T1 and T2. I can't say I even understand T1 or T2 that much in detail besides the great special effects that made T2 a box office success. The idea that began to creep into my head for quite a number of days and even weeks is the urban legend about that character that actress Linda Hamilton portrayed and how that has something to due with why Arnold Schwarzenegger's character in T1 was sent back in time on a mission to murder the character that Linda Hamilton played.

To be very blunt, I don't believe in any folklore about a Sarah Connor basically because that is only about the Hollywood driven hype machine that makes movies that are success into recycled urban legends. On the other hand, if any of you who actually know what Sarah Connor was supposed to mean in T1 and T2, then go ahead and reply to this post. My basic reason is religiously speaking, the one and only issue I believed in since I was taught about not believing in atheism is what the significance of the year 2000 was supposed to represent. That is why I would have too look back all the way to the year 2000 and believe in the beginning and the ending of the calendar year 2000 as being probably representing "The Unforgivable Sin" in historical terms.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 02:40:42 AM »
huh... ???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 04:17:42 AM »
huh... ???

exactly...the unforgivable sin is pete rose not being in the hall of fame.
DAWG

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:04 PM »
exactly...the unforgivable sin is pete rose not being in the hall of fame.
yeah ...i agree,...its just bad

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 01:12:08 PM »
On this site, I can give you 5 unforgivable sins:

1)   Train at Bally Total Fitness
2)   Use MuscleTech supplements
3)   Shop at GNC
4)   Read FLEX magazine
5)   Actually believe you can have a decent physique without steroids.

;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 01:47:07 PM »

3)   Shop at GNC
4)   Read FLEX magazine

;D

does god cycle roids or is he all natural
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »
Showing games exclusively on the NFL Network.   >:(

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 03:36:09 PM »

3)   Shop at GNC
4)   Read FLEX magazine
 ;D
What? we are all natural ::) ;D

OneBigMan

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2008, 05:44:47 PM »
huh... ???

Sorry for coming off like the way I was rambling on and on too much in my previous post and to make a long story short like I should have the last time I posted, I was just simply attempting to ask a question about the urban legend about the character from T1 named Sarah Conner. Do any of you know or understand the religious context behind what was in the Terminator? My reason for asking is because of the television show that premiered this past January. It was called, "The Sarah Conner Chronicles". Did any of you watch it since it did air on FOX for a few months? I also remember reading one old topic about the 1st Terminator movie about some time last year and there was something that was mentioned about one particular issue of FLEX magazine from July or August 2006 that actually had a one page feature about the plans for that show I mentioned called "The Sarah Conner Chronicles".

Just to add one point about the name of this very topic itself about........

What is "The Unforgivable Sin?", I was making a reference to the year 2000 and how that time in society was supposedly connected to Y2K or separately the year 2000 return of Christ which was what people talked about in many religions around the world for many years during the 20th Century.