Author Topic: Bodybuilding.com's new Olympia series is one long commercial!!  (Read 1035 times)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Last year's series was awesome, especially when you had the option to watch the training and the interviews separately.  But the first two episodes so far have just been commercials for Muscletech products!  I know that Muscletech is sponsoring it and that both Jay and Gustavo are their athletes, but c'mon this is ridiculous.  Bob is doing his best, but at least give us the option like last year.  We'll see what happens with Dexter since he's not sponsored by them anymore. 

see what i'm talking about:

http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2008olympia/oseries/2008oseries2.htm

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding.com's new Olympia series is one long commercial!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:17:45 PM »
agreed
that gustavo one was the worst-seemed like an infomercial for halo

quite frankly-i do not like bob as a host-jerome ferguson would have been better
w

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
Dexter is no longer sponsored by Muscletech?

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 06:40:31 PM »
Dexter is no longer sponsored by Muscletech?

i'm pretty sure he's not on their roster anymore.  i thought he was MET-RX, i could be wrong tho

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 06:47:04 PM »
i'm pretty sure he's not on their roster anymore.  i thought he was MET-RX, i could be wrong tho
he was metrx but now he back
w

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 06:56:42 PM »
he was metrx but now he back

i just saw the website, you're right.  so does that mean the series is just for Muscletech guys?  or will the focus drastically change once they get other sponsored BBers on there?  so far i'm not impressed.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:02:46 PM »
i just saw the website, you're right.  so does that mean the series is just for Muscletech guys?  or will the focus drastically change once they get other sponsored BBers on there?  so far i'm not impressed.
im not impressed either-the supp pushing is so offensive
w

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »

So you're saying it's not true...all pros don't go to the gym with their complete jugs of powders?!  :o >:(
just not good enough

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 07:21:23 PM »

Hah, what a croc that would  turn out to be, "uhh..sorry, we can't show you the other 12 competitors because they're not signed muscletech athletes and we'd have no way to spend 3/4 of the video talking about halo, gakic, creakic, cell tech , nitro tech , mass tech , diet tech, pump tech and etc."

hahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:28:41 PM »
getbig viewers are very shrewd and wise.  Many of us know that *some* supplements are useful in some aspects, but that there are no miracle workers.

In other places, a video like that would boost sales, no doubt about it.  Imagine seeing Tiger Woods training for an hour with some "sepcial swing" machine, all the while talking about how much it helps him.  Imagine seeing Kobe telling you for 60 minutes that the new Nike Anklebiter has special cushion for the heel which allows you to play better D, all the while doing defensive drills.

It works.  This is a highly effective product placement, you have to admit, even if you don't agree with the product claims.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 08:10:38 PM »
LOL at bob rolling his eyes at Jay trying to describe how taking lukic works

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »
getbig viewers are very shrewd and wise.  Many of us know that *some* supplements are useful in some aspects, but that there are no miracle workers.

In other places, a video like that would boost sales, no doubt about it.  Imagine seeing Tiger Woods training for an hour with some "sepcial swing" machine, all the while talking about how much it helps him.  Imagine seeing Kobe telling you for 60 minutes that the new Nike Anklebiter has special cushion for the heel which allows you to play better D, all the while doing defensive drills.

It works.  This is a highly effective product placement, you have to admit, even if you don't agree with the product claims.

Servio Samuel?
HAHA, RON.....