Author Topic: PBW: Toney Freeman, Ed Pariso and Brock Lesnar (Listen Now)  (Read 8013 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: Toney Freeman, Ed Pariso and Brock Lesnar (Listen Now)
« on: August 11, 2008, 07:32:45 AM »
The Tampa PBW Pro - "Post Contest Report" - Listen On-Demand

Special Guest:  Champion - Toney Freeman

Plus: Larry visits with UFC's Brock Lesnar

This Week on PBW - Toney Freeman visits the show following his victory at the Tampa PBW Championships.  "The X-Man" discusses his return to the winners circle and his upcoming re-match with Dennis James this weekend in Dallas.  The Tampa post-show is presented by MuscleTech as bodybuilding talk radio covers all the action following the IFBB's return to Florida.  ---  Also on this weeks show, Larry Pepe's conversation with UFC Superstar Brock Lesnar and a preview of this weekends Europa Supershow with promoter Ed Pariso.

PBW airs Live on Mondays at 8pm ET. - Visit "Replay Central" at the broadcast center: www.BodybuildingRadio.com

Replay Update:  PBW Welcomes all 11 winners of the Mr. Olympia Contest - Past Shows available now at Replay Central (courtesy of Bodybuilding.com)

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include The Muscle Asylum Project, MuscleTime.com, Max Muscle and Six Star Muscle Fuel.
PBW: The Official radio show of the 2008 Olympia Weekend (www.MrOlympia.com).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PBW: Toney Freeman and Brock Lesnar (Tonight)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 07:55:30 AM »
Freeman looked good in the win.  Will be interesting to see he and Dennis James rematch next weekend at the Europa... Dj was good during prejudging but many thought he was mediocre at night.  And if DH enters that show, could be anybody's contest... he more than held his own against TeeFree.

Who won the Europa last year?  was that freeman?

Putting Freeman and DJ side by side... good argument can be made for either guy winning

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
Freeman looked good in the win.  Will be interesting to see he and Dennis James rematch next weekend at the Europa... Dj was good during prejudging but many thought he was mediocre at night.  And if DH enters that show, could be anybody's contest... he more than held his own against TeeFree.
Putting Freeman and DJ side by side... good argument can be made for either guy winning

Dennis James = Overrated.  Dont see what all the hype is about.  How did that kid Flex Lewis look?
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 11:15:01 AM »
Dennis James = Overrated.  Dont see what all the hype is about.  How did that kid Flex Lewis look?

very good.  a crowd favorite.  DH had him beat in upper body in the posedown, but everytime Flex would flex the upper thighs, DH was owned. 

I saw Freeman next to DH onstage, it was a great comparison.  Didn't see Flex next to freeman... would have been interesting to see how freeman (the winner) held up to Flex on leg development.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »

What about Will Harris?  Will he come in on the money, and surprise both of these guys?  He looked very good 4 weeks about, and at this show last year, Will did very well.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »
should be a good show
Z

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
Lesnar kicked as in Minneapolis and is a talented athlete.

Elevate Your Image.™

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »
ronnie coleman would beat him
Z

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »

in what?
Elevate Your Image.™

AVBG

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
could've gone either way with DJ and Freeman

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 05:29:27 PM »

Hahaha..oh yeah!  ::)  ::)

adipo8

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »
The show was amazing - it is nice to see great competition.

X = Shape . Symmetry and Size ( definition of Bodybuilding )

DJ = 4th at the O - banged Heads with the Top names of the Sports for years - redesigned his body - To Shape symmetry and size - He did a great job of it .

When Freeman landed in Atl- We spoke and he was clear - " I love when the competition is great like this " " I am Fan" The 202 - were crazy ! DH was out of this world- David - being a Class winner with Freeman in '02 - "Dave is matured and brings a great Bodybuilding package to the stage."

Freeman is back to his Plan and very focused on his next show with DP and representing Weider. 
" I do not look past anyone, We are all Pros and any given day one can take the other! Last year - sick or not I was out of the Mix - No excuses - I am back on plan , Focused and WILL present the Best package I can every time I step on the stage.

We ALL are National Champions - That is how we got here, we fight for this! - every meal and every cardio/weight session - My appreciation is that these shows are here so we can rip it up!

He wanted everyone to Catch the show and check out the coverage - on MDTV and Flexonline

Thats all !

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 06:10:31 PM »
could've gone either way with DJ and Freeman
True, Toney even said as much on the PBW show interview tonight. His overall width and stage presence gave him the edge. Dennis is a damn good pro , but an in shape Freeman packs a lot of visual impact.
FYI, his trophy and 1st place "big" stage 1 st place 10k show check is in the lobby of the gym I train at in Cartersville,Ga, ( bodyplex) how cool is THAT!
Howard

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
I guess the word "overatted" is an opinion  but come on   THE GUYS A FREAK!!!!!  He's my height and I am still a mwt!!!!
((-::

AVBG

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
True, Toney even said as much on the PBW show interview tonight. His overall width and stage presence gave him the edge. Dennis is a damn good pro , but an in shape Freeman packs a lot of visual impact.
FYI, his trophy and 1st place "big" stage 1 st place 10k show check is in the lobby of the gym I train at in Cartersville,Ga, ( bodyplex) how cool is THAT!
Howard

It was a great episode (PBW). Toney's condition was misleading as he mentioned the water coming off him because of the tanning product- that's why I would have given it to DJ. Dropping the weight definitely did not hurt DJ in the slightest. The re-match at Atlantic City will be close as when Toney gets some momentum he is hard to stop.