Author Topic: Half of overweight adults may be heart-healthy  (Read 1045 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Half of overweight adults may be heart-healthy
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:18:40 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080812/ap_on_he_me/med_healthy_obesity;_ylt=AtjlP_Mt1vpy8CaglgwSRhus0NUE
 By LINDSEY TANNER, AP Medical Writer

CHICAGO - You can look great in a swimsuit and still be a heart attack waiting to happen. And you can also be overweight and otherwise healthy. A new study suggests that a surprising number of overweight people — about half — have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels, while an equally startling number of trim people suffer from some of the ills associated with obesity..........

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: Half of overweight adults may be heart-healthy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:33 AM »
More media enabling of fat bodies and chub lords. How about being leaner and healthier. Fat people make me sick.
$

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 04:57:10 AM »
Well i rather look good and be dying then fat for life.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:18:21 AM »
More media enabling of fat bodies and chub lords. How about being leaner and healthier. Fat people make me sick.

I totally agree with you, this study was probably funded by the American food council or a bunch of fatties trying to justify their current state.

it love when a study contradicts common sense..."having excess fat surrounding your heart, clogging your veins and arteries is not necessarily a bad thing"...great.
I

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:24:28 AM »
healthy donuts, healthy soda, healthy cookies, healthy ice cream, healthy chain restuarant food.

When will people wake up and realize that a cookie is a fucking cookie. It's junk. Don't make it better, just don't eat them everyday or maybe (this is Earth shattering) eat more veggies than meat or don't eat till you're stuffed. Amazing stuff!
$

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 06:54:20 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080812/ap_on_he_me/med_healthy_obesity;_ylt=AtjlP_Mt1vpy8CaglgwSRhus0NUE
 By LINDSEY TANNER, AP Medical Writer

CHICAGO - You can look great in a swimsuit and still be a heart attack waiting to happen. And you can also be overweight and otherwise healthy. A new study suggests that a surprising number of overweight people — about half — have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels, while an equally startling number of trim people suffer from some of the ills associated with obesity..........

I'll bet "Lindsey Tanner" is fat!

I mean, what's the point of this article, really?!  To make people feel better for being fat?!  ::) 

You've got to be kidding me  ::)
just not good enough

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 06:58:35 AM »
I'll bet "Lindsey Tanner" is fat!

I mean, what's the point of this article, really?!  To make people feel better for being fat?!  ::) 

You've got to be kidding me  ::)

lo, isn't it ridiculous!!!

German government now spends millions of euros to fight against bulimia and thin models  "to protect kids", but 60% of kids are overweight, whereas kids with bulimia are at about 15%.

Terry B.

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:29:53 PM »

Yahoo does the worst job on the Internet of reporting on health and I think that a few of you may have been mislead by the author's initial paragraph.

The study doesn't say that being fat is good, rather that the line between bodyweight and risk factors associated with heart disease is not as clear-cut as you may believe, which, if you lift, shouldn't surprise you.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 08:31:25 PM »
Yahoo does the worst job on the Internet of reporting on health and I think that a few of you may have been mislead by the author's initial paragraph.

The study doesn't say that being fat is good, rather that the line between bodyweight and risk factors associated with heart disease is not as clear-cut as you may believe, which, if you lift, shouldn't surprise you.

I would've guessed MSN...but I guess they're both only interested on getting hits. 

Can you imagine how many fat people clicked on that article!  :-\
just not good enough

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:04 PM »
I would've guessed MSN...but I guess they're both only interested on getting hits. 

Can you imagine how many fat people clicked on that article!  :-\

And bookmarked it...