Author Topic: Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Killed  (Read 1323 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Killed
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A man barged into the Arkansas Democratic headquarters and opened fire Wednesday, fatally shooting the state party chairman before speeding off in his pickup. Police later shot and killed the suspect after a 30-mile chase.

Police said they don't know the motive for the 51-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released.

They said Chairman Bill Gwatney, 49, died four hours later at University Hospital in Little Rock after the midday shooting near the state Capitol.

Witnesses said the gunman entered the party offices shortly before noon and said he wanted to see Gwatney about volunteering. Party officials said the man forced his way into Gwatney's office and fired three shots, then fled in a blue truck.

"He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," said 17-year-old party volunteer Sam Higginbotham. He said the man then pushed past employees to reach the chairman's office, where he fired three times.

Gwatney, a former state senator and a Hillary Rodham Clinton superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention this month in Denver, had served 10 years as a state senator.

Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, issued a statement calling the 49-year-old Gwatney "not only a strong chairman of Arkansas' Democratic Party, but he is also a cherished friend and confidante."

After the midday shooting, the suspect was chased into Grant County, south of the capital, and apprehended after being shot. Police fired at the man but it wasn't known whether he also suffered self-inflicted injuries.

Moments before the Democratic headquarters shooting, a man with a gun threatened the building manager of the Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters seven blocks east. It wasn't known if the incidents were related.

Dan Jordan, the denomination's business manager, said the building manager asked the man what was wrong and that he said "I lost my job."

The state Capitol was locked down for about an hour until police got word the shooter had been captured, said Arkansas State Capitol police Sgt. Charlie Brice.

Karen Ray, executive director of the Republican Party of Arkansas, sent her workers home early "out of an abundance of caution."

"Our hearts go out to everyone at the Democratic headquarters. What a tragedy," Ray said. "This is just a very upsetting, troubling and scary thing for our staff as well."
!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Killed
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »
 >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:36:16 PM »
Terrible. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »
figures ::)  If Obama wins, watch how these psychos go nuts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:18:57 AM »
If the motive ends up to be another lib-hating, democrat-despising Rush lunatic, we may want to start taking a look at the hatred he spews.

he teaches his listeners to HATE a group of people who believe otherwise.  HATE.

We had that church shooter who killed libs at his church.  Now we have a state party chairman killed.  IF this ends up being politically-fueled by a hatemongering Rush/ Hannity, that will be TWO.

(I remember asking a getbigger for the number of lib-hating shooting sprees which was TOO much.  He said 10,000 shootings, of course we should stop the hate speech.  Not one.  Well, we have two now.)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »
figures ::)  If Obama wins, watch how these psychos go nuts.

Dan Jordan, the denomination's business manager, said the building manager asked the man what was wrong and that he said "I lost my job."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
Why were the arkansas dems to blame for him losing his job?

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:26:42 AM »
i have no idea bro, but it isn't far fetched to think the killer felt some connection to the current two party establishment and the outsourcing of million of jobs. Did he loose his job to cheaper workers, i have no idea on that either. This doesn't sound like a nutjob shooting up elected officials because obamer looks to be the next president.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:10 AM »
If the motive ends up to be another lib-hating, democrat-despising Rush lunatic, we may want to start taking a look at the hatred he spews.

he teaches his listeners to HATE a group of people who believe otherwise.  HATE.

We had that church shooter who killed libs at his church.  Now we have a state party chairman killed.  IF this ends up being politically-fueled by a hatemongering Rush/ Hannity, that will be TWO.

(I remember asking a getbigger for the number of lib-hating shooting sprees which was TOO much.  He said 10,000 shootings, of course we should stop the hate speech.  Not one.  Well, we have two now.)
terrible

i believe your talking about me 240 and i never said 10,000 i said i dont know i also said a nut job is a not job...why dont you go protest marilyn manson or eminem...ppl have done stupid shit after listening to their words as well. Rush et all had nothing to do with this. But i like the way you stick words in my mouth, and assume that this is b/c this man listened to rush and was spurred into action ::)

apparently i havent done enough to teach you not to jump to conclusions...youve gotten better on your polls though ;D 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 08:12:22 AM »
If eminem or marilyn manson was telling its listeners about how 1 group was destorying america, and that they're dreaming of riots, i'd be claling for them to STFU too.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:30:10 AM »
If eminem or marilyn manson was telling its listeners about how 1 group was destorying america, and that they're dreaming of riots, i'd be claling for them to STFU too.
LOL have you ever listened to marilyn manson or eminem??? hahah "IF" hahahe

Again columbine kids avid marilyn manson listeners
eminem bashed gays at every turn.

3 days grace, song "Riot"
chorus
Let's start a riot, a riot
Let's start a riot
Let's start a riot, a riot
Let's start a riot

go protest your brains out if you want or you can sit back and realize that some ppl are unstable and do stupid shit
again this wasnt caused by rush or others but by a sociopathic possible psychopathic individual.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 08:31:47 AM »
then obviously, that shit by eminem should be equally criticized, and has no place in our culture.

The last incident wasn't CAUSED by Rush - but was certainly FUELED by Rush.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 08:36:16 AM »
then obviously, that shit by eminem should be equally criticized, and has no place in our culture.

what proof do you have of this?
dont act like the left doesnt perform hate speech as well, they are equally as guilty of this.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 08:37:36 AM »

You might want to point out that there is a difference between music entertainers and someone who pretends to give serious social commentary on politics, 240.  ;)
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 08:39:17 AM »
what proof do you have of this?
dont act like the left doesnt perform hate speech as well, they are equally as guilty of this.

his house was littered with savage, hannity, rush writings.

his suicide note talked about the need to kill libs.

and what benny said :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 08:39:33 AM »
You might want to point out that there is a difference between music entertainers and someone who pretends to give serious social commentary on politics, 240.  ;)
music entertainers still make social commentary a prime example of this is eminem...also you might want to take into account that the ppl listening to these "music entertainers" are much more impressionable than those listening to rush.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »
his house was littered with savage, hannity, rush writings.

his suicide note talked about the need to kill libs.

and what benny said :)
oh your talking about the other guy i took it to mean this guy. Ill give you that, but a rational person would not go out and kill libs do to a radio personality. So again this was not caused by them it was caused by a nut job.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
oh your talking about the other guy i took it to mean this guy. Ill give you that, but a rational person would not go out and kill libs do to a radio personality. So again this was not caused by them it was caused by a nut job.

nah, i was just playing in hypotheticals.  if this guy had a suicide note, and he was all about hating on libs, then it was fueled by the lib=hatred talk that these guys do... then the problem grows.

i watch both FOX and MSNBC.

FOX = many angry people who say that liberals are going to hell and hate america.

MSNBC = many disgusted, yet not angry libs who like to mock repubs for lies, hypocracy, etc.

Libs' media isn't angry.  FOX guys seriously talk like liberals hate america because they want to end an elective war for oil.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 09:15:58 AM »
nah, i was just playing in hypotheticals.  if this guy had a suicide note, and he was all about hating on libs, then it was fueled by the lib=hatred talk that these guys do... then the problem grows.

i watch both FOX and MSNBC.

FOX = many angry people who say that liberals are going to hell and hate america.

MSNBC = many disgusted, yet not angry libs who like to mock repubs for lies, hypocracy, etc.

Libs' media isn't angry.  FOX guys seriously talk like liberals hate america because they want to end an elective war for oil.
lib hate speech
http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/12/28/hate_speech_of_the_left/
read up