Author Topic: This just ended McCain's chances.  (Read 1985 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
This just ended McCain's chances.
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »
John McCain’s Senior Foreign Policy Advisor, Randy Scheunemann, who advised him and most likely drafted his speaches on Georgia turns out to be an off and on lobbyist FOR Georgia!!!  A total of $800,000 has been paid to Scheunemann and his partner.  This along with several other lobbying, consulting and work with organizations that tie to interests with Georgia.

Scheunemann was the President of the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, created by the Project for the New American Century (PNAC)

He was a Director for the Project for the New American Century (PNAC)

He was advisor to U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Iraq

He has close associations with Ahmad Chalabi

Much of Scheunemann’s work, has been oriented toward Europe, promoting democratic programs and expanding NATO to former Soviet-bloc countries. (GEORGIA)

Scheunemann has worked closely with Bruce Jackson, a fellow former PNAC director, on NATO expansion issues,(GEORGIA) serving as a board member of Jackson's U.S. Committee on NATO and as a registered lobbyist and/or consultant for Georgia, Latvia, Macedonia, and Romania.

McCain began reading the Weekly Standard and conferring with its editors, particularly Bill Kristol." Shortly after his staff consulted with Kristol, McCain hired a bevy of neoconservative-aligned operatives, including Scheunemann, Marshall Wittmann, and Daniel McKivergan.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-13-mccain-adviser_N.htm?csp=34

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Randy_Scheunemann#_note-0

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1347.html

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Ahmad_Chalabi

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: This just ended McCain's chances.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:00:50 PM »
I like this one from one of the above links: "in late 2006, Scheunemann was critical of the Bush administration during its consultations with Russia in the U.N. Security Council regarding security issues in Georgia. He accused Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice of "appeasement" for acquiescing to Russia’s demand for a U.N. resolution regarding the Russia-supported republic of Abkhazia, which broke away from Georgia"

hmmm... The same language the Georgian president is now using against the Bush administration for not sending in our military to fight Russia.  I think it's fair to say the above words against the Bush Admin was bought and paid for by Georgia and the interests Scheunemann is involved with.

So why should this end McCain's shot?  Do you want a guy who approaches a potential WWIII conflict like it's an issue he's been lobbied on for a company or do you want a guy who examines and approaches the issue without lobbyist from one side hading down drafted policy statements.  And not to forget, this all shows just how strong the neocons have banked in maintaining power through McCain.  A vote for McCain is indeed 4 more years of neocons in power.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »
Also!!!! once you start digging into the stuff this guy and the neocons have been doing through the organizations they've created, it becomes pretty clear that they are indeed working full time to re-ignite the cold war, however it's not hard to see that this shit may actually ignite WWIII.

Did Georgia think they had bought McCain?  As this thread shows, I think they absolutely did!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
lol.  I guess he should just pack up and go home? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:33:33 PM »
lol.  I guess he should just pack up and go home? 
no, the guys voting for him will no doubt not give a shit.  But perhaps people in the middle or people on the right who have been outraged by neoconservative rule will bail.  This is serious, just not to guys like youandme who are locked in no matter what.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »
no, the guys voting for him will no doubt not give a shit.  But perhaps people in the middle or people on the right who have been outraged by neoconservative rule will bail.  This is serious, just not to guys like youandme who are locked in no matter what.

We shall see.  Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.  Definitely doesn't sound like something that will cost him the election. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 12:02:59 AM »
We shall see.  Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.  Definitely doesn't sound like something that will cost him the election. 
No worry, I'm not shocked you wouldn't think it is.  I fully expected it.  For the people who don't want four more years of Neocon control, this will be a major point of consideration.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 12:09:55 AM »
No worry, I'm not shocked you wouldn't think it is.  I fully expected it.  For the people who don't want four more years of Neocon control, this will be a major point of consideration.

Not worried.  If this, as you say, ends McCains chances, then I'll owe you an apology.  I doubt it does. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »

It won't cost him the election.

It IS a big fuckin deal though.

It's incredible that in this era of anti-muslim feelings... a black man perceived by many as a muslim is leading mccain by 80+ electoral votes in every poll taken.

People are that sick of Bush that they're willing to elect a person with a name that sounds like not one, but TWO terrorists.  They're ready to overturn all racial issues and vote for an african american.  They're ready to hand the keys to the world to a guy that was organizing high school pep rallies 5 years ago.

(When I say 'they', i'm referring to the polled state majority).

Bush has seriously lost the faith of the majority of the american people.  And the world.