Author Topic: Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination  (Read 360 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination
« on: August 14, 2008, 10:14:26 AM »
 ::)

Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer 2 minutes ago

Hillary Rodham Clinton's name will be placed in nomination along with nominee-in-waiting Barack Obama at the Democratic convention in Denver, an emblematic move intended to unite the party after a divisive primary fight.

Democrats will officially nominate Obama at the convention but the state delegations will do a traditional roll call for his vanquished opponent as well.

The arrangement — which the rivals-turned-allies agreed to after weeks of negotiations — is intended to help the Democratic Party heal after a bruising primary while mollifying still-disgruntled Clinton backers and acknowledging the former first lady's groundbreaking presidential run.

"I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion," Obama, an Illinois senator, said in a joint statement.

Added Clinton, a New York senator: "With every voice heard and the party strongly united, we will elect Senator Obama president of the United States and put our nation on the path to peace and prosperity once again."

Some 35 million people participated in the Democratic primary, and Obama and Clinton said they wanted to "honor and celebrate these voices and votes."
!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Re: Hillary Clinton's name to be placed in nomination
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:16 PM »
MUHWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:52:55 PM »
lol

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »
I can't wait to see how 'quiet' the Dem convention is, since the Obama camp has been trying to qualm Clinton and Clinton supporters.