Author Topic: events that should be removed from the olympics  (Read 528 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
events that should be removed from the olympics
« on: August 15, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »
beach volleyball...how this crap piece of sport with fat lezzo bulls wearing nothing and pulling their pants out of their sandy crack whilst defending a piece of sand with only 2 people on it become an olympic sport lord only knows. it this is an olympic sport then so should skateboarding.

soccer. get rid of it. we see enough of it all year and the players get plenty of $ without being blessed with the honour of going to an olympics. until the offside rule is gone it'll always be poo. how anyone can watch 90 minutes of sport for a 0-0 draw is beyond me. furthermore a team could dominate and still lose.

equestrian... circuses arent allowed to have animals anymore in alot of places, how come the olympics is? a bunch of poofy snobs prancing around in double breasted jackets and chaps isnt my idea of an athlete.

sailing...same as for above but without the animal. Sailors usually have very blessed, well off lives already and dont need an olympics to spruce it up.

synchronised diving.... wtf is this?! ..two dudes bouncing off a plank of wood into the water at the same time...if you see it once, why do we need to see it in stereo with a synchronised version?...

synchronised swimming.... do i even need to write anything?

artistic gymnastics... ok its skillful, yes, but  i'd prefer to see something like "rubiks cube or juggling" take its place...theres only so much streamer flinging and ball throwing one can take..we already have basketball.

BMX Biking....cmon...we might as well make graffiti-ing a sport too. unfortunately having beach volleyball in opens it up for many loser sports- im still amazed skateboarding hasnt got the nod - yet.

Tennis... as one of the first sport in the olympics i can see why it has sentimental value, but tennis players, god bless them are already complaining about their "workload" and i think they get enough rewards for their endeavours. how they can honestly feel any right to stand alongside most of the other olympians who work fulltime and train and dont get paid is another of life's strange boggles. personally i think they should do the right thing and refuse to compete.  Women's tennis is the same except multiply it by 100. How they get the same pay for half the effort and 1/10th the entertainment is another of sport's mysteries.

Judo..should be replaced by MMA. Flailing arms and legs barely making contact with outfits flying open at the slightest stretch is the ultimate in frustration as a spectator...oh, bar one..fencing.

Fencing.. 2 dudes flick a bendy stick around at each other and every once in a while a light goes off. When they take their mesh hats off you then realise that they are the very same dudes that were prancing around in equestrian and sailing!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Re: events that should be removed from the olympics
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:56:39 AM »
I agree with pretty much all of your list.

But, the beach volleyball, and maybe its just the games ive been watching, but the girls are fucking hot!!

Great bodys and tiny little bikinis, sounds like a good sport to me...
No doubt about it...

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 03:03:14 AM »
the presence of the bulls taint all of them for me...but i guess the most frustrating part is putting 2 people on each side defending a huge space and then anchoring them by putting them in sand..makes it a real yawn in my opinion.

-they should also impose a fatty boombah dress code rule.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 03:04:44 AM »
I would remove everything that either requires music or subjective judging.