Author Topic: Russia sent Chechen troops in its attack on Georgia, looting and rape  (Read 2779 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III

Russia is relying heavily on Chechen troops in its attack on Georgia. They are noted for their brutality.

Looting, burning, murdering and rape,  and even shooting at the media.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/14/georgia.russia

Amid promise of peace, Georgians live in terror
· Russian militia accused of orgies of looting and rape
· Fleeing villagers accuse Medvedev of betrayal

Paramilitary troops following Russian soldiers as they leave Gori in a military convoy

Russian paramilitaries on the road towards Tbilisi. The Russian army left Gori in convoy and stopped about 30 miles from the city. Photograph: Sean Smith

The first armoured personnel carrier nudged past the top of the hill. It paused as if getting its bearings, and then set off towards Tbilisi. Behind it, an endless column of Russian military vehicles appeared on a shimmering horizon - trucks, tankers, and a beaten-up Nissan.

The Russian army was on the move. What wasn't clear was where it was going. For the next hour the column continued its sedate progress, past yellow fields and a hazy mountain valley, from Gori towards the Georgian capital,Tbilisi.

Thirty miles from the city, it stopped. A Russian soldier hopped out of his vehicle and began directing traffic. "We've been told to stay there," he explained, pointing down a rough dirt track towards the rustic hamlet of Orjosari, just over a mile away.

The soldier said Russia didn't intend to keep going down the main highway connecting Tbilisi to Gori, and the east and west of the country. "The only reason we've come here is because of a provokazia by Mikheil Saakashvili," he said, accusing Georgia's president of wrongdoing.

In theory the conflict between Russia and Georgia is now over, as European negotiators led by France's president, Nicolas Sarkozy, hammer out a peace deal. In reality, Russia's mighty war machine was trundling insouciantly through Georgia.

Several Russian trucks overshot and missed their turning. One broke down. A soldier got the wheezing vehicle going again. Where was he from? "Chechnya. We've come here to help," he said.

For the terrified residents of Gori and surrounding villages, it didn't seem like help. Yesterday morning, as the Russian tanks advanced from their base in South Ossetia they passed through Georgian controlled-villages, telling residents to hang out white flags or be shot.

Behind them, according to people fleeing those villages, came a militia army of Chechen and Ossetian volunteers who had joined up with the regular Russian army. The volunteers embarked on an orgy of looting, burning, murdering and rape, witnesses claimed, adding that the irregulars had carried off young girls and men.

"They killed my neighbour's 15-year-old son. Everyone was fleeing in panic," Larisa Lazarashvili, 45, said. "The Russian tanks arrived at our village at 11.20am. We ran away. We left everything - our cattle, our house, and our possessions."

Achiko Khitarishvili, 39, from Berbuki, added: "They were killing, burning and stealing. My village isn't in a conflict zone. It's pure Georgia."

These claims of Russian atrocities were impossible to verify. But the mood of panic was real enough - with villagers fleeing towards Tbilisi by all means possible. One family of eight piled into a tiny white Lada; others fled on tractors.

For much of the day the Russian troops in Gori were busying destroying Georgia's military infrastructure. Smoke poured from the military supply camp in the village of Uplistsikhe.

Those who fled expressed a feeling of betrayal. They said Russia's president, Dmitry Medvedev, had duped them. "I believed him when he said there was peace. That's why we stayed in our homes. But it isn't true," Lamzika Tushmali, 62, said. She added: "There is no ceasefire."

At the end of the Russian column, a group of volunteers arrived in a shabby mini-van flying a Russian flag. One of them had his face covered with a balaclava; all were heavily armed; their mood was exuberant. What were they doing? "We've come for a holiday," one said.

For most of the day there was no sign of the Georgian army. After five days of ferocious bombardment by Russian warplanes, it appears not to exist. With rumours swirling of an imminent Russian attack on Tbilisi, however, Georgia mustered a platoon of 50 soldiers, who took up positions 10 miles down the road from where the Russians appeared to have parked up for the night.

On Georgian radio, meanwhile, military experts were discussing the possibility of a new partisan war against the Russians - suggesting that the government's failure meant that it was time for ordinary Georgians to take the initiative.

It's an idea that may take root. "I spent two years in the Soviet army. If there is a partisan army I'll be in the first row," Koba Chkhirodze, 41, said yesterday.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Islam comes into the fray in the form of Chechen islamists troops (pure primitive animalistic scum) and looting and rape proceeds.

Of course there is no correlation to the teachings of the koran/islam right?

Wrong...

The Islamic legal manual ‘Umdat al-Salik, which carries the endorsement of Al-Azhar University, the most respected authority in Sunni Islam, stipulates: “When a child or a woman is taken captive, they become slaves by the fact of capture, and the woman’s previous marriage is immediately annulled.” Why? So that they are free to become the concubines of their captors. The Qur’an permits Muslim men to have intercourse with their wives and their slave girls: “Forbidden to you are ... married women, except those whom you own as slaves” (Sura 4:23-24).

This is despicable action by Russia.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
why would these guys be fighting for Russia in this cause?  What happened to all the fighting between Russia and these muslim chechens?  A few years ago the issue was Georgia aiding these guys and Russia getting pissed about it.  hmmmm... I don't get it.  Something is off or am I missing something?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
why would these guys be fighting for Russia in this cause?  What happened to all the fighting between Russia and these muslim chechens?  A few years ago the issue was Georgia aiding these guys and Russia getting pissed about it.  hmmmm... I don't get it.  Something is off or am I missing something?

I think it's that they're bringing in Russian and Chechen soldiers who fought for Russia in Chechnya in order to use their combat experience, brutality and fear tactics. If you're trying to intimidate a country, might as well do it with people who have no qualms about killing babies, cutting heads off, and all other kinds of shit.

Islam comes into the fray in the form of Chechen islamists troops (pure primitive animalistic scum) and looting and rape proceeds.

Of course there is no correlation to the teachings of the koran/islam right?

Wrong...

This is despicable action by Russia.

Can't say I'm surprised. They're expecting to be rewarded in Heaven for killing children, raping women, and pillaging villages. RELIGION OF PEACE, BABY!!!!!!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I think it's that they're bringing in Russian and Chechen soldiers who fought for Russia in Chechnya in order to use their combat experience, brutality and fear tactics. If you're trying to intimidate a country, might as well do it with people who have no qualms about killing babies, cutting heads off, and all other kinds of shit.

Can't say I'm surprised. They're expecting to be rewarded in Heaven for killing children, raping women, and pillaging villages. RELIGION OF PEACE, BABY!!!!!!!!

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.....we helped the Georgian troops clean out the lawless areas bordering chechniya, which was filled with bandits and a heaven for terrorists.  The guys coming in with the Russians are pro Russian chechen's..basically mercs.
L

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Is anyone surprised that a cult founded by an evil child molesting bandit would advocate rape as acceptable under "law"?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
How can you be surprised? The infallible islamic law allows the slavery of women and children to be captured and taken as booty and concubines.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit

I have something to say about this. First and foremost, not all Chechens were devout anti-Russians. In fact, some of the most hard-core soviets were Chechens. Secondly, and I'm going out on a limb here, these are mainly mercenaries who are now fighting the Georgians for money, also because they hate the Georgians more than they hate the Russians. Thirdly, not all Chechens are muslim. Fourthly, Putin is smart in that you NEVER fight a colonial war with a citizens army, you fight it with mercenaries, volunteers and else, like the French Foreign Legion, the Gurkhas, etc (in essence, profesional killers). Russian soldiers are now sitting somewhere in Georgia wandering what the fuck they're doing over there. In fact there are reports that some Russian soldiers are breaking ranks and showing their disgust to the foreign press. Something OUR "wild bulls" rarely do.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!

These claims of Russian atrocities were impossible to verify.

!

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit

Even if they were, you're at war. You know the other side wants to kill you, what would you fucking do? I mean, once you get to that point it's pretty much life or death.

Besides, if you look at the sequence of events it looks as though tataaaaaaa! It was the Georgians who attacked first, invading part of Abkhazia and Southern Ossetia. We've seen this play unfold many times. Come on people, read between the lines! Go past the propaganda. Looting and raping happens in EVERY war. By ALL sides.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Russia sent Chechen troops in its attack on Georgia, looting and rape
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 09:53:47 AM »
Invading their own break away land....funny u libs always try to find fault with whatever side is not the US. And u have douchbags like Benny...with his "we can't verify Russian atrocities" bullshit. If those were US troops u would absolutely believe we did it...without question u would. Well bud I've served in plenty of places where Russians had been, and they're animals. I've been to orphanages in Afghanistan, fulled of mained kids, having stepped on Russin "toy" bombs....which still kill people. Ask thet  Poles about the Russians...get out from behind ur friggen computer. U can visit these places. The Russian army looked like gypsies with tanks...rolling into Georgia. It took them hours to bomb both the oil lines and radar sites, those sites were in cities...it would take us 10 min...one F-16 and aJDAMS....it took them multiple runs with iron bombs, which killed civilians every time they missed. Plus I don't see Russian Civil Affairs troops coming in to fix all the shit they broke....ur full of shit.
L

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:15:45 AM »

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 10:22:04 AM »
Invading their own break away land....funny u libs always try to find fault with whatever side is not the US. And u have douchbags like Benny...with his "we can't verify Russian atrocities" bullshit. If those were US troops u would absolutely believe we did it...without question u would. Well bud I've served in plenty of places where Russians had been, and they're animals. I've been to orphanages in Afghanistan, fulled of mained kids, having stepped on Russin "toy" bombs....which still kill people. Ask thet  Poles about the Russians...get out from behind ur friggen computer. U can visit these places. The Russian army looked like gypsies with tanks...rolling into Georgia. It took them hours to bomb both the oil lines and radar sites, those sites were in cities...it would take us 10 min...one F-16 and aJDAMS....it took them multiple runs with iron bombs, which killed civilians every time they missed. Plus I don't see Russian Civil Affairs troops coming in to fix all the shit they broke....ur full of shit.

You, my friend, are the chosen one. Us, the ones who take our freedoms for granted, the weak ones, the liberal douchebags, have no idea what the REAL real world is like. And that is why we need people like you who serve in our military, BY CHOICE, and remind us of the great sacrifices you must undertake, BY CHOICE, so that us douchebags can live a free life.

For that I sank you my friend.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »

You, my friend, are the chosen one. Us, the ones who take our freedoms for granted, the weak ones, the liberal douchebags, have no idea what the REAL real world is like. And that is why we need people like you who serve in our military, BY CHOICE, and remind us of the great sacrifices you must undertake, BY CHOICE, so that us douchebags can live a free life.

For that I sank you my friend.
LOL!

Dogshit is too stupid to realize that "we can't verify Russian atrocities" are not my words, but the words of the Guardian newspaper.
!