Author Topic: News crew crashes Denver’s DNC concentration camp  (Read 349 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
News crew crashes Denver’s DNC concentration camp
« on: August 15, 2008, 01:28:34 PM »
S

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: News crew crashes Denver’s DNC concentration camp
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 02:49:33 PM »
Wow.

No Dems can even utter neocon, when you have this type of abundant hypocricy put in place.

Where are the restroom facilities?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:54:17 PM »
Wow.

No Dems can even utter neocon, when you have this type of abundant hypocricy put in place.

Where are the restroom facilities?

What am I missing?  That's denver police planned by the video, not word passed down from the Dems ::)  Unless there is additional info that shows that to be the case?  Is there? I don't like that shit either, but when they did it in NY, at least they didn't have the biggest radio show egging protesters on in Opperation Chaos.  Could be here that they took Rush's call to Violence serious.  There was never a call to Violence against republicans on the left.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 10:18:39 PM »
AMY GOODMAN: Well, Naomi Klein, following your line on surveillance in China, let’s go back to the United States. We’re moving into the conventions. And by the way, Democracy Now! will be there for the Democratic convention in Denver—we’re expanding to two hours—and in St. Paul, where also we’ll be broadcasting two hours every day. But we’re just getting word out of Denver, for example, CBS 4 exposed that there are warehouses prepared with pens and barbed wire for jailed protesters, with warnings on the wall: stun guns—beware of stun gun use.

NAOMI KLEIN: Yeah. And I mean, I think the timing of this is really interesting, that—you know, that the global sort of media spotlight is going to move from Beijing to Denver to Minneapolis. And we’re really going to have an opportunity to actually see how globalized this surveillance state is. And, you know, I really think we’re seeing a kind of a global middle ground emerge, where China is becoming more like the United States in very visible ways, and the United States is becoming more like China in less visible ways. So, many of the things that people are really ready to condemn about the surveillance and police state tactics being used in Beijing right now—the surveillance cameras everywhere, the banning of protests or the pushing of protesters into these protest pens that are empty because people are too afraid to use them, pre-emptive arrests—you know, we are going to see this in Denver—unmanned drones and so on. So I think we are very vividly going to see this meeting in the middle, if you will, of these

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/8/15/mccommunism_naomi_klein_and_christian_parenti